Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
54%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
46%

Total votes: 210

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I honestly thought that this was a "Beaverton/Babylon Bee" headline when I first saw it, but then sadly I remember just how brain-dead the media is and how in the pocket of the Liberals most of them are. Just so DUMB...
Journalists in tizzy after Trudeau shaves beard

The story of the day for Canada’s mainstream media seems to be that Justin Trudeau shaved his pandemic beard.

A bare-faced Trudeau appeared at a media availability Wednesday, sparking a flurry of tweets and giddy election speculation from Canada’s press.

On Twitter, journalists from the Canadian Press, Global News, the Wall Street Journal and CityNews all joined in to fawn over Trudeau’s lack of facial hair.

Canadian Press reporter Mia Rabson claimed that Trudeau’s decision to shave his facial hair “is about to set off a new flurry of speculation” and called on people to brace themselves.

SNIP

This is not the first time that the media has obsessed over Trudeau’s appearance. As exclusively reported by True North last year, the CBC spent more time talking about Trudeau’s hair, socks and beard than they did about disgraced Liberals who were accused of sexual harassment or charged with assault.
https://tnc.news/2021/06/30/journalists ... ves-beard/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

^^^ I only wish Canadians still had the backbone to stand up to tyranny.

We're truly taxed for the CBC, with no representation.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cbc is jt's paid off prostitute
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 8:02 am cbc is jt's paid off prostitute
It's been going on a lot longer than JT's been around.

But that's OK cause he's the cause of everything bad according to some.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well he needs to own his :cuss: ups imo he is 100% responsible for increased racism in canada.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

the truth wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 8:17 am well he needs to own his :cuss: ups imo he is 100% responsible for increased racism in canada.
Increase in racism has been going on before JT became PM but go ahead and blame him for that too. It's part of the Trudeau heritage.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

foenix wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 8:32 am
the truth wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 8:17 am well he needs to own his :cuss: ups imo he is 100% responsible for increased racism in canada.
Increase in racism has been going on before JT became PM but go ahead and blame him for that too. It's part of the Trudeau heritage.
Kind of like the residential school graves are part of our heritage too?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Forgot the actual topic.?

:topic:

Defund the CBC
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

The CBC is probably one of the world's most balanced news organizations. If you watch and listen to CBC TV and radio, you will probably get a little smarter. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Any increase in racism, right wing extremism and a rather profound dumbing down of the Conservative party is not the work of the CBC, …Removed

The CBC is fine; it's not going to make you stupid and crazy.

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 3rd, 2021, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic. Start a new thread if you want to pursue the removed item
All posts 100% moderator approved!
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I realize “defund the CBC” is a meme, but we have to ask ourselves why some folks wish to destroy our fact-based and noncommercial national broadcaster that has been part of the national fabric for 85 years.

First, some things you won’t see on CBC:

-A parade of backwater bumpkins telling you Coronavirus is a hoax and the vaccine contains metal fragments that allow the government to track you.

-Pillow salesmen claiming for months on end that some dude who lost some election, really won said election.

-Gab show hacks with lustrous hair and grade 10 educations assuring you night-after-night that climate change is part of the globalist agenda and current weather extremes are actually caused by bovine flatulence.

-Daily panels of elected MPs and unelected Senators urging you to believe Putin and Moscow rather than Trudeau and Ottawa.

The sad fact is, those who wish to “defund the CBC” have long ago given up news based on facts and rational thought, and fled to sources that “make stuff up,” offer endless conspiracy theories, and basically tell them what they want to hear.

The CBC has committed the cardinal sin of not reflecting their political views 24/7, 100% of the time.

And that, dear friends, is what makes “defund the CBC” both very sad and very dangerous.

*edited to remove references to any non-CBC news organization.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 5th, 2021, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Defund the CBC

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

crookedmember wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 8:01 am I realize “defund the CBC” is a meme, but we have to ask ourselves why some folks wish to destroy our fact-based and noncommercial national broadcaster that has been part of the national fabric for 85 years.
Which "fact-based" national broadcaster is that? It ain't the CBC, that's for sure.

Return to “Canada”