Gun Control

foenix
Guru

Re: Gun Control

Post by foenix »

mikest2 wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 10:58 am A very well written article on the ongoing Supreme Court challenge to the OIC

"The Trudeau Liberals probably figured they had nothing to worry about in court as they expected easy wins against those elements of the citizenry who disagreed with them; after all, they are from the government and they are here to help. They say they have evidence, they should be taken at their word, and that is that."

"A more plausible explanation for the sudden invocation of Section 39 is that the emperor has no clothes."

https://www.thesudburystar.com/opinion/ ... lRe--3e8yE
When it comes to limiting weapons of any type....."just because" is good enough for me.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

foenix wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm
When it comes to limiting weapons of any type....."just because" is good enough for me.
Only problem with that is the Liberal's gun control measures have not, and will not remove a single firearm from criminals
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

foenix wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Just because what?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Liberals have NO concept of money, nor what spending billions of dollars should bring Canadians who are funding it.

There will be zero lives or injuries prevented by Trudeau's virtue signaling, but Liberals are dumb to that.

Calibre wrote:
Canadian gun ban: 13x MORE EXPENSIVE than advertised??The Parliamentary Budget Officer has completed their estimation of the cost of compensating Canada's gun owners for Justin Trudeau's gun ban at over ten times the figure estimated by Justin Trudeau's government. The root cause of the discrepancy? The government's massive underestimation of the number of firearms being banned.

Even worse? The PBO's efforts to find out how much this gun ban will cost were stonewalled by Bill Blair's office, who refused to provide any details into how the gun confiscation compensation program will be administered. The reason? Because Public Safety's already contracted IBM to administer the program, so they can't divulge any details to the Parliamentary Budget Officer.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

If they don't have a record...I'm not sure how they can control you. Just saying!
Attachments
guncontrol.jpg
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Order in council gun ban

Post by Ken7 »

Pete Podoski wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:59 am

90% on that list are used worldwide for hunting.

Armalites are one of the most popular deer hunting rifles in North America.

A 416 Weatherby single shot moose hunting rifle is now banned.

You think this isn't a hunting rifle? Trudeau just banned it.
You would think Bill Blair would know what guns are for hunting and what ones are not. Oddly, they want all military weapons removed as they are not for hunting but the indiginous can keep them because they have the inherited right to hunt. How's that for a double standard!!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Ken7 wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 10:25 am
You would think Bill Blair would know what guns are for hunting and what ones are not. Oddly, they want all military weapons removed as they are not for hunting but the indiginous can keep them because they have the inherited right to hunt. How's that for a double standard!!
I'm not worried about the double standard. The disgusting part is the blatant lying and hypocrisy of Bill Blair where he states that these firearms are unsuitable for hunting but some people can keep them to hunt.

Like, what the :cuss: ???
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 10:32 am

I'm not worried about the double standard. The disgusting part is the blatant lying and hypocrisy of Bill Blair where he states that these firearms are unsuitable for hunting but some people can keep them to hunt.

Like, what the :cuss: ???

It is not so much the double. It was how it was stated. No-one needs to have a AR -15 to hunt. Although we will leave the weapons' with Indiginous people as they have the inherit right to hunt.

Well what is it, if 30 seconds before you stated "NO-ONE." This is stupid what they did.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As I’ve said much earlier in this thread, criminal element and possible mass shooters are not about to go legal route to obtain a gun.
Gun control does absolutely nothing about the black market.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

GordonH wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 1:43 pm As I’ve said much earlier in this thread, criminal element and possible mass shooters are not about to go legal route to obtain a gun.
Speed laws don't stop all speeding.

Drunk driving laws don't stop all drunk driving.

Canada's rate of death from gun violence is 0.47 per 100,000. Drive 90 miles south and the rate is 3.96 per 100,000. Eight times as high.

Thanks to Canada's gun control laws, some members of you family are alive and they wouldn't be if they lived 90 miles south.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Offer 5k for every unregistered restricted weapon no questions asked. Theyd steal them from each other to turn them in.
Strong and free
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:41 am
Canada's rate of death from gun violence is 0.47 per 100,000. Drive 90 miles south and the rate is 3.96 per 100,000. Eight times as high.

Thanks to Canada's gun control laws, some members of you family are alive and they wouldn't be if they lived 90 miles south.
Liberal math: when the death rate from "X" is .0000396, it's guaranteed that "some" members of your family would be dead from it.

That's one massive family to experience the loss of "some" members, even in the Violent States of America. To have ONE death, your family would have to number >25,000. :135:

Might want to look into condom effectiveness, have fewer than 24,998 kids with your partner, and beat the odds. :up:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:41 am
GordonH wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 1:43 pm As I’ve said much earlier in this thread, criminal element and possible mass shooters are not about to go legal route to obtain a gun.
Speed laws don't stop all speeding.

Drunk driving laws don't stop all drunk driving.

Canada’s gun control was plenty strong, we needed no change. Don’t compare US gun rights to Canadian restrictions. Apple’s to oranges!

All the OIC did is take one of my favourite hunting rifles and ban it. Yet leave my military designed guns untouched….makes tons of sense. Some mouth full of crooked members, Bill Blair and Justine!
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

And July 7th was the start of the new "not a long gun registry"

Amended regulation:

Authorization to transfer non-restricted firearms
23 (1) A person may transfer one or more non-restricted firearms if, at the time of the transfer,
(a) the transferee holds a licence authorizing the transferee to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm;
(b) the Registrar has, at the transferor’s request, issued a reference number for the transfer and provided it to the transferor; and
(c) the reference number is still valid.
Information — transferee’s licence
(2) The transferee shall provide to the transferor the prescribed information that relates to the transferee’s licence, for the purpose of enabling the transferor to request that the Registrar issue a reference number for the transfer.
Reference number
(3) The Registrar shall issue a reference number if he or she is satisfied that the transferee holds and is still eligible to hold a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm.
Period of validity
(4) A reference number is valid for the prescribed period.
Registrar not satisfied
(5) If the Registrar is not satisfied as set out in subsection (3), he or she may so inform the transferor.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jul 8th, 2021, 9:54 am So we have to call the 1-800 firearms call centre before selling a non restricted firearm now?
Yup, after Turdeau promised to not bring back the registry

Return to “Canada”