Let's not wander too far off topic.

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Graves at Residential schools

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I have got to give a lot of credit to those natives who have spoken so eloquently on the media. No hate, no pointing fingers, no dwelling on the past, just a sense of sadness.
At least, that applies to those I've seen.

As for this being part of our heritage, not sure what that implies or is insinuating.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

"Lets not jump to conclusions. The early twentieth century was rife will deadly diseases and high child mortality rates. People were often buried at holy sites such as church grounds as well.
Lets wait until we get all the facts before we condemn. It isn't sexy or fun or cool to wait for all the facts these days but it is the right thing to do."

Yes...I totally agree but as usual it will get politicized and the truth will be hidden or ignored by anyone morally corrupt enough to take advantage of the situation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

bb49 wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 3:23 pm I have got to give a lot of credit to those natives who have spoken so eloquently on the media. No hate, no pointing fingers, no dwelling on the past, just a sense of sadness.
At least, that applies to those I've seen.

As for this being part of our heritage, not sure what that implies or is insinuating.
The native leaders have been nothing but noble throughout this situation. None of my native friends have been disrespectful or supported burning down churches and vandalizing statues. The only ones who are a small number of white activists who think they know what native people actually want. Unfortunately, they are disparaging native people by supporting violence in retaliation.

Here is a good article the Victoria Times Columnist by a first nations leader that's worth reading: https://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/o ... 1.24330571
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 3:32 pm
The native leaders have been nothing but noble throughout this situation. None of my native friends have been disrespectful or supported burning down churches and vandalizing statues. The only ones who are a small number of white activists who think they know what native people actually want. Unfortunately, they are disparaging native people by supporting violence in retaliation.

Here is a good article the Victoria Times Columnist by a first nations leader that's worth reading: https://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/o ... 1.24330571
Yes - given how DUMB it is to burn down churches and pull down statues, this HAS to be the work of white Leftists. There is no other group this collectively stupid in Canada. Talk about such horrible disrespect for our First Nations and Indigenous in this country.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

If people were burning down Mosques after 9/11 or Synagogues I think Justin Trudeau would have been more vocal.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Vacancyrate wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 10:22 am If people were burning down Mosques after 9/11 or Synagogues I think Justin Trudeau would have been more vocal.
100000000000000 times more vocal. he needs more votes next election
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 3:36 pm Yes - given how DUMB it is to burn down churches and pull down statues, this HAS to be the work of white Leftists. There is no other group this collectively stupid in Canada. Talk about such horrible disrespect for our First Nations and Indigenous in this country.
You don’t give a care in the world about natives. The church burnings in the okanagan were likely carried out by a native and rightfully so.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 11:51 am
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 3:36 pm Yes - given how DUMB it is to burn down churches and pull down statues, this HAS to be the work of white Leftists. There is no other group this collectively stupid in Canada. Talk about such horrible disrespect for our First Nations and Indigenous in this country.
The church burnings in the okanagan were likely carried out by a native and rightfully so.
If you're correct in your accusation, the native(s) who did it showed total disrespect for their culture - and for their elders.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Brass Monkey wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 11:51 am The church burnings in the okanagan were likely carried out by a native and rightfully so.
rustled wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 12:01 pm If you're correct in your accusation, the native(s) who did it showed total disrespect for their culture - and for their elders.
:up: :up:

My best friend growing up was ostracized by his own people’s just because his father was caucasian.
Last edited by GordonH on Jul 4th, 2021, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”