Riot tonight in Montreal?

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Riot tonight in Montreal?

Post by JagXKR »

When the Habs lose, tonight or the next game, will the scum riot and loot?
The cops say they are ready but are they really ready?
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... die-Game-4
Police made 15 arrests during a rowdy celebration after the Canadiens' series-clinching victory against the Vegas Golden Knights in late June. Eight police vehicles were vandalized and at least one was overturned.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Re: Riot tonight in Montreal?

Post by PoplarSoul »

JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:17 am
will the scum riot and loot?
All depends.
Will the Vancouverites be there?
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Don't think they need any. They have had their fair share of riots themselves.
Last year in June for example.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:27 am
All depends.
As any "Vancouverite" will tell you, it wasn't them rioting, it was all the losers from Surrey that showed up just to cause anarchy and steal stuff.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:17 am When the Habs lose, tonight or the next game, will the scum riot and loot?
Police made 15 arrests during a rowdy celebration after the Canadiens' series-clinching victory against the Vegas Golden Knights in late June. Eight police vehicles were vandalized and at least one was overturned.
and vancouver fans are so much better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Il3UlV ... l=ronbruce https://vancouversun.com/news/2011-stan ... -than-1994
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:27 am
JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:17 am
will the scum riot and loot?
All depends.
we need likes back
like x10 :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Significant hockey riots in Canada. Montreal seems to be in the lead.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/heres-a- ... -in-canada
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

And will any of the rioters be properly punished or will they just get a slap on the wrist from a slack legal system?
Never mind, we all know the answer.
Cops better be ready. The loss is coming, today or Wednesday.
Where are the Calgary Flames riots? Oh yeah there are none. :biggrin:
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Speaking of Montreal, just watching Ron Maclean interviewing Gary Bettman in Montreal.. Firstly only Canadians are essential workers are allowed to enter Canada, Bettman is neither, and secondly I highly doubt he entered Canada 15 days ago to do the 14 day quarantine.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hurtlander wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 6:16 pm Speaking of Montreal, just watching Ron Maclean interviewing Gary Bettman in Montreal.. Firstly only Canadians are essential workers are allowed to enter Canada, Bettman is neither, and secondly I highly doubt he entered Canada 15 days ago to do the 14 day quarantine.
Hey if Montreal fans want to smash something... may I suggest the vehicle Gary is in leaving the Bell Centre. [icon_lol2.gif]

btw... main reason Gary is in Montreal, is the chance Tampa does a sweep and win LSC.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 6:24 pm
Hurtlander wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 6:16 pm Speaking of Montreal, just watching Ron Maclean interviewing Gary Bettman in Montreal.. Firstly only Canadians are essential workers are allowed to enter Canada, Bettman is neither, and secondly I highly doubt he entered Canada 15 days ago to do the 14 day quarantine.
Hey if Montreal fans want to smash something... may I suggest the vehicle Gary is in leaving the Bell Centre. [icon_lol2.gif]
Or Justin's house in Rosemont.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

GordonH wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 6:24 pm
btw... main reason Gary is in Montreal, is the chance Tampa does a sweep and win LSC.
I understand that, but that hardly qualifies as an “essential service” ..... Bettman being allowed to get a pass on our Covid quarantine protocols is a real kick in the stomach to all the tens of thousands of Canadians that had to suffer through mandatory hotel quarantine, then complete 14 days home quarantine. Bettman being in Montreal is itself cause for a justifiable riot.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 6:24 pm btw... main reason Gary is in Montreal, is the chance Tampa does a sweep and win LSC.
Hurtlander wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 7:36 pm I understand that, but that hardly qualifies as an “essential service” ..... Bettman being allowed to get a pass on our Covid quarantine protocols is a real kick in the stomach to all the tens of thousands of Canadians that had to suffer through mandatory hotel quarantine, then complete 14 days home quarantine. Bettman being in Montreal is itself cause for a justifiable riot.
jt probably gave him permission, since they are both from the club.... jack :cuss: club.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 11:17 am When the Habs lose, tonight or the next game, will the scum riot and loot?
sorry habs won last night and no riots, your zero for two :up:
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

You are somewhat correct. I did say "or Wednesday".
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... -final-win
Montreal police say they arrested four people and issued 36 tickets following the Montreal Canadiens' win in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup final.

Officers moved quickly to clear a crowd gathered outside the Bell Centre Monday night after the Habs' 3-2 overtime win over the Tampa Bay Lightning, deploying tear gas and pepper spray in the downtown area.
Not a riot but to having to deploy tear gas is not really peaceful is it? [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”