Breaking: JWR not running again

foenix
Guru

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by foenix »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 2:32 pm As far as JWR goes, kid yourself not, that woman has had her own agenda for quite some time, and is hardly the innocent victim she's been portraying for a couple of years now.
I know hey and the gullible right fell for it hook line and sinker. Now that she's got her pension, I'm sure she will try and backstab the Libs again. It's good thing that won't happen from inside of the Liberal Party. I think she was naive enough to think she was going to lead the party after she threw JT under the bus.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

rustled wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 2:41 pm
Urban Cowboy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 2:32 pm As far as JWR goes, kid yourself not, that woman has had her own agenda for quite some time, and is hardly the innocent victim she's been portraying for a couple of years now.
This is the sort of excuse-making the Trudeau Liberals are counting on. No sensible person excuses any PM's wrongdoing or their involvement in covering up wrongdoing by pointing to someone else's actions or motivations.

Yet we see it time and again with Trudeau - look, over there.

This is also the ugly preference for "partisanship over progress, co-opting over co-operation, recriminations over results" mindset that JWR mentioned in her letter. We get the government we deserve.

When we collectively decide we're ok with whatever Trudeau does, regardless of how wrong it is, "because someone else", we get more of same.
Where exactly did I excuse any PM wrong doings?

I simply pointed out that JWR is NOT the angel some like to believe she is, as I felt it was required.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 11:47 am
rustled wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 2:41 pm

This is the sort of excuse-making the Trudeau Liberals are counting on. No sensible person excuses any PM's wrongdoing or their involvement in covering up wrongdoing by pointing to someone else's actions or motivations.

Yet we see it time and again with Trudeau - look, over there.

This is also the ugly preference for "partisanship over progress, co-opting over co-operation, recriminations over results" mindset that JWR mentioned in her letter. We get the government we deserve.

When we collectively decide we're ok with whatever Trudeau does, regardless of how wrong it is, "because someone else", we get more of same.
Where exactly did I excuse any PM wrong doings?

I simply pointed out that JWR is NOT the angel some like to believe she is, as I felt it was required.
Where exactly did someone suggest she is an angel?

I simply pointed out that Trudeau is counting on people to talk about JWR's agenda whenever his wrongdoing vis a vis her refusing to stoop to his level of wrongdoing is being discussed. It's a rather obvious deflection, IMO, for someone else's agenda, IMO.

And it's a contributing factor in why we continue to have the government we deserve - opaque, uncooperative, partisan, elitists who get away with focusing on anything BUT good governance, because we do nothing to stop them. She pointed out the problem in her resignation, and your response IMO is to ignore the message and shoot the messenger.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

rustled wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 12:48 pm She pointed out the problem in her resignation, and your response IMO is to ignore the message and shoot the messenger.
Trudeau's tactic was to send out his army of minions to discredit JWR when he was illegally interfering in a criminal prosecution.

It's the same story this time around - victim-shaming is but one of Trudeau's arsenal of tactics to save his sorry *bleep*.

He has victim-shamed women throughout the past 6 years, and he'll continue to do it if people give him the chance. And no, women aren't just experiencing his attacks differently...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 1:02 pm
rustled wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 12:48 pm She pointed out the problem in her resignation, and your response IMO is to ignore the message and shoot the messenger.
Trudeau's tactic was to send out his army of minions to discredit JWR when he was illegally interfering in a criminal prosecution.

It's the same story this time around - victim-shaming is but one of Trudeau's arsenal of tactics to save his sorry *bleep*.

He has victim-shamed women throughout the past 6 years, and he'll continue to do it if people give him the chance. And no, women aren't just experiencing his attacks differently...
Although I agree that was Trudeau's tactic, I don't think of JWR as anyone's victim. And while Trudeau certainly uses all the tactics of a dictatorial bully, including emotional manipulation, I don't think JWR would appreciate being seen as Trudeau's victim.

She is someone he attempted to victimize, she held out against him, and that's why he had her voted out - because she stood up to him.

People keep saying "gee, why do we have a government of bullies who are only in it for themselves and their cronies". It's an increasingly monocultural government, under the thumb of the ruling class. This silencing of voices, as MRG pointed out, is Canada's loss - and it will continue to be Canada's loss as long as we allow Trudeau and his party to steamroll unhindered over whatever and whoever is in the path of the Laurentian elite.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JWR is clearly one of many stinking albatrosses around Trudeau's neck...no doubt about that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

I clearly recall JWR, the AG and the Justce Minister say JT did nothing ILLEGAL. Get over it folks and move on.....it was I'm sure disappointing for the right to hear that but that's straight from the main eye witness, the former AG, Justce Minister and now the future former MP.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

foenix wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 3:11 pm
I clearly recall JWR, the AG and the Justce Minister say JT did nothing ILLEGAL.
It was highly unethical.
Get over it folks and move on.....
Nope. Most of us aren't partisan Liberals and we want these bozos punted out of office. End of story. Thank you for your service JWR.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^^ The thing about Trudeau supporters is that they don't know the difference between ethical and legal. They think that if it is legal to act badly then there is nothing wrong with it because the law determines morality. It's amazing how Trudeau supporters think that it's okay to throw an indigenous woman under the bus and disparage her by saying that she got her pension and wants out kind of thing, which is totally untrue and slanderous. And of course I'm not talking about all liberal supporters but I am shocked at how many there are that have no moral backbone.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

foenix wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 3:11 pm

I clearly recall JWR, the AG and the Justce Minister say JT did nothing ILLEGAL. Get over it folks and move on.....it was I'm sure disappointing for the right to hear that but that's straight from the main eye witness, the former AG, Justce Minister and now the future former MP.
Yup. The RCMP investigated, but nothing illegal was found. This is in spite of JWR recording her phone conversations.

It was all politics. JWR wanted to live in her own little fiefdom in her big corner office with private bath, and considered herself too good to communicate in any way with other ministers.

So she's gone soon and not to spend more time with her family. I heard she secretly recorded them, too, and now they're not speaking to her either.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

crookedmember wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 4:58 pm

Yup. The RCMP investigated, but nothing illegal was found.
LOL - the low bar that the snake Liberals try to wiggle under. What that idiot Butts and his brain-dead drag-along Justin did was hugely unethical. Which is why Butts was forced to resign in total shame and was made to look like the scumbag he truly is. The Liberals are just so awful. Thank you for continuing to draw our attention to just how awful they are.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 4:57 pm but I am shocked at how many there are that have no moral backbone.
And I remain unshocked at how many have no moral backbone, and so few functioning brain cells.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

crookedmember wrote:
Yup. The RCMP investigated, but nothing illegal was found. This is in spite of JWR recording her phone conversations.
Recording phone conversations is not illegal.

Interfering in a criminal trial is illegal, despite what Justin Trudeau tells you to say.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Glacier wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 4:57 pm ^^ The thing about Trudeau supporters is that they don't know the difference between ethical and legal. They think that if it is legal to act badly then there is nothing wrong with it because the law determines morality. It's amazing how Trudeau supporters think that it's okay to throw an indigenous woman under the bus and disparage her by saying that she got her pension and wants out kind of thing, which is totally untrue and slanderous. And of course I'm not talking about all liberal supporters but I am shocked at how many there are that have no moral backbone.
We're writing about politicians, no? All politicians as long as it's on the right side of the law, wear their ethical clothing like a shirt ready to be cast off anytime it's convient for them to do so. JWR is no different, who do you think had the motivation, the knowledge and the political will power to throw JT, the leader of her party under the bus with the "leak" to the Globe ? Oh yes, I'm sure the gullible CPCers will insist the honorable Judy Rayboud would never stoop so low but guess what she did.....and she does have her pension in her back pocket so I wouldn't be feeling too sorry for her.......and btw......where was that moral backbone from 2006 to 2015?
Last edited by foenix on Jul 11th, 2021, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 5:13 pm
crookedmember wrote:
Recording phone conversations is not illegal.

Interfering in a criminal trial is illegal, despite what Justin Trudeau tells you to say.
Ummmm.......
According to section 183.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada, you can record any call as long as at least one person in the conversation consents to the recording taking place.
Somehow I'm sure she didn't ask for consent..........if not, that's........BREAKING THE LAW.

Return to “Canada”