The push to end homelessness.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Sparki55
Guru

Re: The push to end homelessness.

Post by Sparki55 »

Ken7 wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 7:37 am
Zoso wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 4:22 pm What would bill gates do ?
https://fatvox.com/welfare-applicants-a ... ug-tested/

Possibly it is time in Canada we start making people accountable and stop just handing it out. Just a thought.
But but but, that's not fair to the people who use drugs on welfare!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ken7 wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 7:37 am
Zoso wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 4:22 pm What would bill gates do ?
https://fatvox.com/welfare-applicants-a ... ug-tested/

Possibly it is time in Canada we start making people accountable and stop just handing it out. Just a thought.
:smt045 for sure
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
spooker

Post by spooker »

We won the war on drugs ... surely we can win the war on homelessness can't we?
spooker

Post by spooker »

spooker wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 9:50 am We won the war on drugs ... surely we can win the war on homelessness can't we?
Oh, whoops ... my bad ... we didn't win the war on drugs ... maybe we need to reset the game and try something new?
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

CorkSoaker wrote: Apr 16th, 2013, 12:17 pm So we enact the vagrancy laws, lock em up for a little while then homelessness is cured? Wow, you sir are a genius.

Edit: of course many migrate to the warmer climates during the colder months. Just because they are homeless does not mean they are stupid.
Do you think they enjoy being locked up and their freedom taken away even if it is for a day or even hours?. That's called a deterrent. I believe it would be a deterrent if there was a chance they could be locked up and their Freedom taking away for a short while so they wouldn't be such a burden on society through their own intentions. Like you said, yes they would be back in a few hours but do you not think they would change their habits a little bit to avoid it the next time or the third time
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

spooker wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 9:50 am
spooker wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 9:50 am We won the war on drugs ... surely we can win the war on homelessness can't we?
Oh, whoops ... my bad ... we didn't win the war on drugs ... maybe we need to reset the game and try something new?
you mean like this bozo move https://globalnews.ca/news/7757705/bc-o ... of%20drugs.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
spooker

Post by spooker »

the truth wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 11:41 am
spooker wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 9:50 am

you mean like this bozo move https://globalnews.ca/news/7757705/bc-o ... of%20drugs.
Well, I wouldn't use the term "bozo" but that's me ... been too close to things without actually getting trapped, plus living in many different cultures let's me see it differently than I feel you are ...
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I would hope the free drugs make you sterile.
Strong and free
spooker

Post by spooker »

Zoso wrote: Jul 12th, 2021, 5:55 pm I would hope the free drugs make you sterile.
It wasn't the drugs but it was a lack of knowledge in the medical industry at the time that would have made a difference in my life ... though thanks to how science had grown in the 35 years after the initial mistake I was able to father an absolutely wonderful daughter who I hope will understand drugs in the same way I was educated without prejudice or judgement ...
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Sounds like a success story . Thats great
Strong and free
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

Put the homeless in a sand pit?
With no bus service?
All of us were kids at one point... playing gleefully in sand boxes! Now adults with inflictions we are abandoned.
Come on! Those in power can do better then this! because this just makes you look useless & uncaring....which brought us to this point in the first place!
We can't end homelessness and it will only get worse in time...
But we can provide ''affordable'' accommodations for those less fortunate.
We can provide recourses & services to help them.
Sticking them in a sand pit is not helping them...good grief! *bleep*? :swear:
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

What?..Placing the homeless near a gravel pit.
Isn't that is what we do?
Place them away from the washed.Out of sight.Out of mind.
Kelowna, moved them out of the downtown,(bad for business) to the north end.Less of a problem.Less bus service, less to be seen.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

what are you people complaining about, they have put some of these 24/7 crack shacks in nice neighbourhoods in rutland that they have already destroyed with crime 24/7
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

The proceeds from raids and busts should go to pay for mental institutions. Should have never shut them down .
Strong and free
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

Good grief!
Are we ignoring the domino affect by trying to end homelessness?
Gov't funding would be gone
BC Housing would be gone
Thousands of jobs would be gone
Non profit(for profit) would be gone... :200:
Lets look at the big picture and how 'homeless biz' is a big money maker for many!!!!
so, its going no where and if anything, it will get much bigger!

Return to “Social Concerns”