Crane collapse downtown

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Crane collapse downtown

Post by alanjh595 »

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Bring back the LIKE button.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 3:39 pm
For quite some time I've been of the belief that all cell phones of employees should be confiscated at the beginning of the work day, and given back at the end.

This tragedy simply strengthens my belief.

As to your question "where is the boss" I believe he was one of the badly injured ones, and he lost two sons, so my heartfelt sympathies go out to him, his family, and all the others lost or affected.
Nice to agree with you on here.

This was Father + 2 sons operation. Not really much room to climb the ladder in that company so to speak. If you dont have the same last name as the business you do what you're told and there is no questioning Daddy and the boys, who are apparently the leads. We all live here and know the deal with smaller family run companies in the area. Not all are like that, but many are. Would not surprise me that the lack of PPE and cell phone distractions are all part of the company culture.

They were posting with a business Instagram so they were "filming a commercial" moreless when they were doing this. Unless you play a critical role on the job being performed you are not going to be allowed to hang around the top of the crane, standing idle. The person filing had a job to do up there - and it wasn't advertising I'm guessing. If they had their dedicated social media employee up there filming my apologizes but it doesn't seem likely.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Have any of you even had a labor intensive job. I can’t believe the disrespect to the dead here.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I simply asked why there were no MG staff present ( so it seems) Not at all was I being an armchair critic. I based my Q on my Daddy's Trade is all
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

People will disrespect the dead, because the idea of it happening to them is terrifying
Some want to know where the "blame" should lay instead of mourning those gone
I was pleased to see the GFM pages raised more than the target
Money doesn't raise the dead but it assists the Living
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 5:26 pm I simply asked why there were no MG staff present ( so it seems) Not at all was I being an armchair critic. I based my Q on my Daddy's Trade is all
What good would a property investment company full of real estate experts have to offer?

If a MG mail clerk was on site, would that make any difference?
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

As to your question "where is the boss" I believe he was one of the badly injured ones, and he lost two sons, so my heartfelt sympathies go out to him, his family, and all the others lost or affected.
Nope , not injured at all..... You're wrong on that one ..

Best not speculate anymore .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Sad to see no GoFundMe for the guy who was simply sitting in the office. Had nothing to do with construction, had no effect on this whole situation, just sitting working away...
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Even Steven wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 5:56 pm Sad to see no GoFundMe for the guy who was simply sitting in the office. Had nothing to do with construction, had no effect on this whole situation, just sitting working away...
Hard to do when the family has requested privacy.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Tankur wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 5:24 pm Have any of you even had a labor intensive job. I can’t believe the disrespect to the dead here.
A office worker was killed who had nothing to do with anything.

These were not astronauts or civil engineers furthering the reaches of mankind

These were well paid workers building luxury condos for dollar bills.

Asking basic questions and noticing that workers are not wearing basic PPE and posting to Instagram on their cell phones a minute before a crane fell on a office worker and killed him is RESPECTING THE DEAD.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Anonymous123 wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 5:58 pmHard to do when the family has requested privacy.
Gotcha. A good reason why there isn't one.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Anonymous123 wrote: Jul 14th, 2021, 5:58 pm Hard to do when the family has requested privacy.
The family will not need a gofundme.

Somebody is going to pay bigtime.

That guy was just sitting in his office.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

As tragic as this was, people get injured or even killed by accidents not connected to them.... on a daily basis.
Everyday in automobile accidents this happens..
Yet a few posters on here are directing a lot of blame on the crane crew........ and I am not making a call on their role in this accident.

What I am asking these posters that dont seem to have much respect for the workers that passed away... REGARDLESS OF WHO IS AT FAULT.... do you direct this much energy and efforts, to....say.... drivers that cause fatal accidents?
Some people really lack resoect or empathy... if you must say what you are thinking there are far better times to do so, than this week...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Central Okanagan”