Crane collapse downtown

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Crane collapse downtown

Post by alanjh595 »

TylerM4 wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 5:29 pm I just don't get this. Continued grasping at straws to justify poor unsafe behavior.

There's a legitimate chance that "distracted operator" resulted in the deaths of 5 individuals this week. Jaw dropping to see we have people defending that behavior.
Above edited for brevity.

There is no grasping at straws for justification of unsafe behaviour.
There is however, some that want to blame a dead person without anything more than conjecture.
How is that of any benefit to anyone?
Are there NO moral restrictions/limits that will only increase the grief and harm to the the surviving family members?

WAIT for the conclusions of the professionals that are on site.
Bring back the LIKE button.
elkrub

Post by elkrub »

x2
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I agree, the pitchfork crew needs a rest...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Tankur wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 5:55 pm
Even Steven wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Post it. Let's see it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYAZpqnqoV ... hare_sheet
It's a video of him walking around the crane that is standing still. Nobody cares about it. By the way, he's using the fall protection judging by click-clacking that dummies in the video we're discussing weren't using. Cause they were too cool for it. Along with whole other things they were too cool for it like caring for their own lives and the lives of others.

I don't think you understand what we're discussing so whatevs.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Even Steven wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 7:57 pm
It's a video of him walking around the crane that is standing still. Nobody cares about it. By the way, he's using the fall protection judging by click-clacking that dummies in the video we're discussing weren't using. Cause they were too cool for it. Along with whole other things they were too cool for it like caring for their own lives and the lives of others.

I don't think you understand what we're discussing so whatevs.
*removed* As I mentioned. Other videos on his page you can look at.. for
Yourself. No harness when you there because there is guardrails ..if ya ever worked a day Of construction you would know..harness isn’t necessary if guard rails are up………*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 17th, 2021, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I have been on at least 1 site requiring safety harnesses while working within rails.
And that was 22 years ago. I imagine some sites are more strict now.

It was a fluor daniel site in the south end of Calgary.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Was a great show out from the community last night. Very emotional. The families appreciated it very much. It was nice to hear the kind words spoken of the boys from stemmer. Nice to hear from the families and friends. Rip to all
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

alanjh595 wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 6:30 pm
TylerM4 wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 5:29 pm I just don't get this. Continued grasping at straws to justify poor unsafe behavior.

There's a legitimate chance that "distracted operator" resulted in the deaths of 5 individuals this week. Jaw dropping to see we have people defending that behavior.
Above edited for brevity.

There is no grasping at straws for justification of unsafe behaviour.
There is however, some that want to blame a dead person without anything more than conjecture.
How is that of any benefit to anyone?
Are there NO moral restrictions/limits that will only increase the grief and harm to the the surviving family members?

WAIT for the conclusions of the professionals that are on site.
I agree.

If the investigation does find unsafe behavior on the site led to the death of five people, the blame should be on the bosses at Stemmer and MG if they were aware of this unsafe behavior.
Last edited by crookedmember on Jul 17th, 2021, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Holy crap! The gofundme for Brad Zawislak is almost at $300K. Some family just donated $100K.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Even Steven wrote: Jul 17th, 2021, 10:08 am Holy crap! The gofundme for Brad Zawislak is almost at $300K. Some family just donated $100K.
A read of the comments on that Gofundme page speaks volumes as to his character and the hole he leaves
Trixster
Banned

Post by Trixster »

I wonder how Stemmer Construction and the Mission Group are feeling after the news report regarding videos showing complete lack of safety protocols while they worked on this particular jobsite.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Even Steven wrote: Jul 16th, 2021, 10:41 am

However, the story/video that was saved before it became unavailable (as they disappear after 24 hours) was rather damning.

Now the whole stemmercrane instagram page is gone.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Trixster wrote: Jul 17th, 2021, 1:09 pm I wonder how Stemmer Construction and the Mission Group are feeling after the news report regarding videos showing complete lack of safety protocols while they worked on this particular jobsite.
To be honest.. I dont think they spent a lot of their time .., at the highest point of the building observing the crane personel, which is one guy up top , most of the time... And to be honest, I dont think they want anyone around it even nearby , while the crane is being dusmantked.. .....
They probably had their focus on their crew , more than the subtrades... :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Can you blame them ???

With this kangaroo court going on , I wouldn't even have one ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

MAPearce wrote: Jul 17th, 2021, 2:34 pm
Can you blame them ???

With this kangaroo court going on , I wouldn't even have one ...
Yes. We can absolutely blame the indiscretions. In regards to the investigation by Worksafe it is black and white. It makes sense there is emotions involved and feeling sorry for those in the incident that didn't do things properly. I would think that dad would have preferred doing things by the book so his boy was still alive. But alas - that didn't happen. And mentioning isn't insensitive or malicious. Its cause and effect - that's it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”