Aftermarket Car Audio

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Aftermarket Car Audio

Post by Bsuds »

Another FYI.

Be careful when buying and aftermarket auto stereo. Some are not the standard size (double Din).

I bought one for my F350 so I could have a bigger screen for the back up camera. (rear view mirror is just too small)

The one I got off Facebook marketplace (Camecho brand) that was originally from Amazon was just a smidgeon too big and didn't fit in the standard mounting kit. I could have made it fit by modifying the bracket but decided to buy a proper sized one instead.

As well as my cheap upgrade became quite expensive as the wiring was pricey cause it needed an interface for it to work.

On the plus side it was a pretty easy install as the dash comes out without much fuss.

Now just have to find the video cable from the OEM camera and splice into that.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
spooker

Re: Aftermarket Car Audio

Post by spooker »

I bought mine at Visions (first and last time shopping electronics there) ... had it installed at Finestkind ... should have bought my unit at Finestkind as he is much more knowledgable and I would have ended up with a better unit ... slight buyer's regret
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Finestkind guy is pretty good.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

God, I remember when car audio shopping was just as exciting as buying a new car.

Sigh :cry:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

OKkayak wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 5:49 pm God, I remember when car audio shopping was just as exciting as buying a new car.

Sigh :cry:
Now the new cars systems are more complicated than your old car and more electronics in them than on the first moon mission.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Grab Bag”