How many cubic feet?

A potpourri of off-topics.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: How many cubic feet?

Post by binky11 »

I have been there and looked at that one yes. Problem is, mine is 5.3 cubic feet and measures 24”x24”. I was hoping to get one a bit bigger than that, but anything I see over a 5.3 cf, the width is just barely too big to fit through the patio door. I guess I am going to have to get the same size freezer. 😢. Sure don’t want smaller. But thanks 😊.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Try this one ... great freezer and it'll fit through your door. See Joanne in appliances and if it's not in stock, she can order and have it shipped to the store. Not sure if it can be delivered to your house but she'll know.

https://www.homedepot.ca/produit/danby- ... 1001184106
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Oh that is an upright freeZer and I would love to have one of those. A good price but still over my limit of $300.00. Upright freezers are much better. Seems everything I ever want it at the bottom of my chest freezer! Murphy‘s Law!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

This Arctic King 7.0 cubic foot upright and is on sale for $279.97 with free curbside pickup at Walmart Westbank or you can have it shipped to your house for $75.00.

21.7" wide x 22.4" deep x 56.3" high.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/arctic-kin ... 0201869411
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Ohhhhh, I like that one! How did I miss that! Living on the westside now I kinda panicked and went and did a bit of a stock up on supplies in case our only power lines were destroyed leaving us for a very long time without power. Food, power banks, Coleman stove, bottled water etc. Hope it is still available my next payday! It’s even better than what I thought I would end up with. TY!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Geeezzz I still don’t have a freezer, and here is why. At our one and only big box store they actually have/had a 7.0 cubic foot freezer that actually would fit through my patio door. I was so excited! However, my neighbour had a just got one from the same place the day before. Once they got it home , it was all dented and damaged, and they had to return it. She was lucky her son had a truck. It was damaged severely at the motor and what did the manager do? Offer them a discount? Seriously? Well I then went to the written reviews and saw that this was a very common problem. Lots of people received damaged, dented freezers and fridges. Many times the boxes were not damaged. So because this store does not ship directly themselves, they hire a courier service, they told me if I had one shipped, and it was damaged or dented, or even not working, I was SOL and would be stuck with it, as I do not own a truck or know anyone who does. I would be stuck with it. I would have no way to return it. With all those negative reviews, I can’t take that chance. I cannot find any other freezer bigger than a 5.0 cubic foot that has these smaller width measurements that would fit through my door. I wonder why W is the only place that sells a chest freezer with that 22 inch width measurement?
But what gets me is......why any company can you send you a damaged or defective appliance with no way to return it if need be.
If a person is getting it delivered, chances are they don’t have a truck. This is not acceptable to me. $228.00 for a good brand name 7 cubic foot freezer is a heck of a deal! But they should have a buyer beware notice for those getting them delivered.
Never in my life would I have thought buying a freezer would become one of the hardest and frustrating things I would end up doing!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Home depot shows one but it's a lot more money. $635 including delivery though.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/marath ... 1001061722
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Price
$429.99

Home Delivery
(3-10 days) - Free for orders over $75

Dimensions (WxDxH)
55.5 x 21.7 x 22.4in
Edit to add: Dimensions must be (HxDxW) since it's an upright freezer.

Size
6.5 cuft.

https://www.londondrugs.com/rca-6.5-cu. ... es-fridges
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Thanks. I can get one from Home Depot or pretty much anywhere at under $300.00 plus $60.00-$75.00 delivery fee. My budget is about $400.00. I can get one that’s 5.0 cubic feet at the size I need to fit through my door, and under $400.00. I was hoping to get a bit bigger one. Even 5,5 cubic feet. But the width can’t be bigger than about 28”. That’s why I was so excited when I saw a 7 cubic at 22” in width. But seems Walmart is the only place that sells one that size. I have seen lots of 5.5-7.0 cubic feet at anywhere from $228.00- $400.00, but the widths are wider than 29”. How can a store dump you with a destroyed appliance and refuse to take it back? That’s nuts! I guess I will end up having to get another 5 cubic foot from City Furniture or Home Dept as they not only deliver but will haul your old one away as well.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I was at one point considering an upright, in fact I would love one. But I measured them and it would be a bit of an overkill on my small patio. Not sure it would even be allowed where I live.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 6:44 pm Price
$429.99

Home Delivery
(3-10 days) - Free for orders over $75

Dimensions (WxDxH)
55.5 x 21.7 x 22.4in
Edit to add: Dimensions must be (HxDxW) since it's an upright freezer.

Size
6.5 cuft.

https://www.londondrugs.com/rca-6.5-cu. ... es-fridges
I was told $60.00 delivery fee from Home Depot last week. And I am only a mile away from them. I don’t begrudge the $60.00, especially because for an extra $20.00 they take your old one way. But their chest freezers any bigger than 5.0 CF are bigger than 28” wide.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Binky, Binky, Binky - have never had a problem with appliances delivered from Walmart being received damaged. Appliances these days are packed for shipment with so much styrofoam and blue tape it takes forever to unpack. Just bought a compact 3.3 cubic foot fridge for a GF and it was delivered last week via Loomis Express. Took her a good 20 minutes to unpack and not a mark on it.

Home Depot has this one on sale for $425.00 and it'll fit through your door. HD uses a local courier service for delivery and appliance take-aways - really nice couple of guys who will unpack and place the appliance where you want. If you decide to go the HD route, talk to Joanne in appliances and explain your situation ... a dollar to a donut she'll try and get the delivery fee waived.

Freezer dimensions ... 6.0 cubic feet, 56.81" tall, 22.81" deep, 21.75" wide.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/frigid ... ?rrec=true

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 7:27 pm Binky, Binky, Binky - have never had a problem with appliances delivered from Walmart being received damaged. Appliances these days are packed for shipment with so much styrofoam and blue tape it takes forever to unpack. Just bought a compact 3.3 cubic foot fridge for a GF and it was delivered last week via Loomis Express. Took her a good 20 minutes to unpack and not a mark on it.

Home Depot has this one on sale for $425.00 and it'll fit through your door. HD uses a local courier service for delivery and appliance take-aways - really nice couple of guys who will unpack and place the appliance where you want. If you decide to go the HD route, talk to Joanne in appliances and explain your situation ... a dollar to a donut she'll try and get the delivery fee waived.

Freezer dimensions ... 6.0 cubic feet, 56.81" tall, 22.81" deep, 21.75" wide.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/frigid ... ?rrec=true

But I am not just going strictly by the reviews. My friend and neighbour had this happen just last week, and in this hot weather they were not too impressed with having haul it from Walmart, to her apartment, then all the way back to Walmart again, only to end up having to get one at City furniture and hauling it home. My point is they should not have had to do that. And if you read the reviews from people buying freezers from Walmart, there were many, many complaints of the same thing. You cannot take that chance when you could end up being stuck with it not working and have literally nowhere to put it. Yea, I could get lucky and have a perfectly good freezer delivered from Walmart, but what if I don’t? Then what? Not all senior ladies have a way to haul a damaged freezer around, nor should they have to. Walmart should be responsible. In addition, Walmart will only bring it to my lobby, I have to manage to get it up to my suite myself. Plus they don’t haul the old one away. But if they had of guaranteed a working freezer or they would come pick it up, I would still have chosen that 7.0 cubic CHEST freezer for $228.00
That one at Home Depot is smaller and $100.00 more. But as I said earlier, after measuring, yes the upright would fit through my door, I would rather have an upright, but it’s a bit of an overkill for my small patio, plus I’m not even sure management would even allow an upright on patios. I really wanted the one at Walmart, it was perfect, but because they told me I would be SOL if it didn’t work, well that ended that sale. I probably will end up getting a 5.0 cubic one again and it could very well be from HD. I will indeed talk to Joanne when I go there! Thanks for that tip!
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Now this was not only my smile of the day but laugh too.
Thanks Blinky, I'm not the only one who has these measurement problems. :130:

But I wouldn't deal with Wally World.

Return to “Grab Bag”