Power banks......

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Power banks......

Post by binky11 »

Sorry if this is a dumb question.......never used a power bank before and I can’t seem to find the answer to my question of......

Can you re charge the power bank? Lol. Or is it only good till it loses power the first time?

This is the one I have
https://www.amazon.ca/26800mAh-Portable ... r=8-30[url][/url]
spooker

Re: Power banks......

Post by spooker »

In your case you should be able to leave the solar side of that bank out in the sun and it will recharge itself ... but yes, power banks are meant to be recharged and you should be able to plug in to the Type-C connector to charge it from the wall
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As noted on the site:
It can be recharged via the wall adapter
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Why would it have a built in solar charger if it only worked once?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Charges via 5V USB power source with option for either Type C or Micro USB connector.

Anything marked "input" is for input of power AKA charging.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 7:42 am Why would it have a built in solar charger if it only worked once?
Because every single person that left a review said the solar part of it did not work. Even in the description itself it mentions something about using the solar end of it if in a emergency situation as it can days to charge via the sun.
Also I bought a cheapie once and it it did not have the capacity to use more than once.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

binky11 wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 11:45 am
Because every single person that left a review said the solar part of it did not work. Even in the description itself it mentions something about using the solar end of it if in a emergency situation as it can days to charge via the sun.
Also I bought a cheapie once and it it did not have the capacity to use more than once.
Yeah, I was going to say that the solar aspect is a bit of a gimmick. Good for keeping it charged, or if you don't mind waiting 2 weeks for it to charge but that's about it.

There's a reason why none of the big phone makers have included a solar panel on the back of their phones ;)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

binky11 wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 11:45 am
Bsuds wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 7:42 am Why would it have a built in solar charger if it only worked once?
OK, I didn't know the solar part was next to useless.

We have several different ways to charge devices if the power goes out so I'm not needing a portable one.
3 Cars and our trailer has plug ins as well.

It pays to do some research before buying. Sites like this help.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/c ... ar-charger
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”