NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 3:28 pm Only 7 goalies in NHL/NHA history have played more seasons for one team than Carey Price has with Montreal (14):
Martin Brodeur (21)
Billy Smith (17)
Olaf Kolzig (16) never won SC
Georges Vezina (16)
Henrik Lundqvist (15) never won a SC
Tony Esposito (15)
Pekka Rinne (15) never won SC

Price is tied with Sawchuk, Howard, Osgood (on Detroit), Quick (LAK), Richter (NYR), Rask (BOS), and Turk Broda (TOR).
3 have something in common with Carey Price, they never won a SC.
Everyone else have won at least 1 SC.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo, seattle will take price tomorrow, so my inside source tells me.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 8:18 pm imo, seattle will take price tomorrow, so my inside source tells me.
That’s going to be a huge Cap hit for 1 player who isn’t going to get younger or healthier (concussion history).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree, we will find out today.........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

the truth wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 8:18 pm imo, seattle will take price tomorrow, so my inside source tells me.
217478329_4531035586930209_5508680721948509037_n.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Glacier wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 10:48 am
217478329_4531035586930209_5508680721948509037_n.jpg

:smt045 :up: works for me..........
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ another reason Seattle past (besides to much $$$), Carey is heading to NYC to be assess about knee & hip injuries.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

tsn report says its minor.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree strange move on their part :135:
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

This incident, perhaps deserves it's own topic, but,,, OK

I take a completely different slant on this.

This young fellow did a very a bad, wrong, disgusting, unwise, ignorant, stupid, criminal, act.

The courts in his home country of Sweden decided on a punishment. Right wrong or otherwise. He paid that price, we can agree of disagree on the severity, but that's what he got.

The offense involved a non-hockey (unless you count young girls being attracted to young hockey players) offense.

I was disgusted when I saw the news item last night (Saturday 24 July) on the CTV late news. Basically outrage that this person could be drafted by a professional hockey team after committing such an offense.

IF this was a person who sexually assaulted a child and his vocation was a nanny, or a teacher, or a boys club volunteer (can we say "boys club" these days or is it "young person's club" ?) and he proposed to returned to his former position, perhaps there's a news story and in the least major concern.

This vocation of playing hockey has nothing to do with the sexual offense (taking inappropriate photo's and sharing them on the internet).

Many are saying: "he shouldn't have been drafted".

In our society, shouldn't the courts meet out the punishment for an offense and unless the perpetrator is returning to a gateway act that could lead to a further offense, let the perpetrator get on with life.

Yes if someone who's job is to deal directly with young children is convicted of pedopheliac offenses, they need a new field of occupation.

We as a society aren't responsible for dealing out further punishment to an offender once they've paid for their crime as prescribed by a court.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

my5cents wrote: Jul 25th, 2021, 9:23 am This incident, perhaps deserves it's own topic, but,,, OK

I take a completely different slant on this.

This young fellow did a very a bad, wrong, disgusting, unwise, ignorant, stupid, criminal, act.

The courts in his home country of Sweden decided on a punishment. Right wrong or otherwise. He paid that price, we can agree of disagree on the severity, but that's what he got.

The offense involved a non-hockey (unless you count young girls being attracted to young hockey players) offense.

I was disgusted when I saw the news item last night (Saturday 24 July) on the CTV late news. Basically outrage that this person could be drafted by a professional hockey team after committing such an offense.

IF this was a person who sexually assaulted a child and his vocation was a nanny, or a teacher, or a boys club volunteer (can we say "boys club" these days or is it "young person's club" ?) and he proposed to returned to his former position, perhaps there's a news story and in the least major concern.

This vocation of playing hockey has nothing to do with the sexual offense (taking inappropriate photo's and sharing them on the internet).

Many are saying: "he shouldn't have been drafted".

In our society, shouldn't the courts meet out the punishment for an offense and unless the perpetrator is returning to a gateway act that could lead to a further offense, let the perpetrator get on with life.

Yes if someone who's job is to deal directly with young children is convicted of pedopheliac offenses, they need a new field of occupation.

We as a society aren't responsible for dealing out further punishment to an offender once they've paid for their crime as prescribed by a court.
My issue with this is he asked NHL teams not to draft him.
Montreal blatantly disregarded his request (all of rest of the league took his request and didn’t draft him)
He paid the price for his very stupid choices he made.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just because they drafted him doesn't mean he's obligated to sign a contract.

He can wait until he's ready.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 25th, 2021, 9:51 am Just because they drafted him doesn't mean he's obligated to sign a contract.

:up: Good point.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 25th, 2021, 9:51 am Just because they drafted him doesn't mean he's obligated to sign a contract.

would you turn it down if you were him

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”