Looking for a farm

A potpourri of off-topics.
marsanya

Looking for a farm

Post by marsanya »

wanting to introduce my daughter to real farm animals she is two years old and it would be an awsome experience for her. please e-mail me if you know of a place or anyone who would be willing to show us some animals. thanx cassie [email protected]
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

This might be just what you are looking for.

http://www.k-l-o.com/index.shtml

~D :124:
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Post by Snickerdoodle »

What kind of animals are you looking for Tomato King has a cow and also a buffalo. I have a Clydesdale that is very friendly that I could meet you at the farm and introduce you.
I believe if you go up to some the cheese places in Salmon Arm like Gorts Gouda, they have cows you can get close to.
And yep Kelowna Land and Orchard up on East Kelowna bench has a bit of everything also, cows, sheep, chickens.
Let me know if your interested in my boy, I can just let you know when I'm at the barn on the weekends.
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

I hear Chickadee Ranch (I think that's the name) in Armstrong is well worth the drive. Although I doubt their open at this time of year. I'm definately going to make the trip in the Spring as I hear it's a great way to spend at least a half day. The kids can walk around with the miniature horses and goats and sheep. They also have hayrides and all sorts of other fun stuff for the kids.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

anniecat wrote:I hear Chickadee Ranch (I think that's the name) in Armstrong is well worth the drive. Although I doubt their open at this time of year. I'm definately going to make the trip in the Spring as I hear it's a great way to spend at least a half day. The kids can walk around with the miniature horses and goats and sheep. They also have hayrides and all sorts of other fun stuff for the kids.
Well worth the drive - I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there. Most of the foals were sleeping so got to sit beside them and cuddle them.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

anniecat wrote:I hear Chickadee Ranch (I think that's the name) in Armstrong is well worth the drive. Although I doubt their open at this time of year. I'm definately going to make the trip in the Spring as I hear it's a great way to spend at least a half day. The kids can walk around with the miniature horses and goats and sheep. They also have hayrides and all sorts of other fun stuff for the kids.

We took our daughter here for her 5th birthday, certainly worth the drive, we spent pretty much a full day, you can order food or bring a picnic to rest, this was at the end of May, if I remember correctly I think it was their first week open, but give them a call and see when they open. The pricing was very good too, I think it cost us about 20 or 25 for a family of 4. They have a lot more animals/reptiles than what is listed on their website. here is a link to their website: http://www.chickadeeridgeminiatures.com. My older daughter who is 15 has been asking to go back again this year, so it is not just a "little kids" place, everyone likes it.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

marsanya

Have you found anything?

Return to “Grab Bag”