Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

crookedmember
Banned

Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

Post by crookedmember »

Noted accused homophobe and anti-choicer Tracy Grey is certainly not alone when it comes to exorbitant travel expenses charged to the taxpayers. The Conservative benches appear to be rife with those who couldn't care less about those of us who work to foot their bills.

It wouldn't be so bad if she at least accomplished something. Other than grift.

And then there's Mel . . .

Tell me again how this is the party of fiscal responsibility. I could use a laugh.

All posts 100% moderator approved!
crookedmember
Banned

Re: Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

Post by crookedmember »

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 27th, 2021, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 11:15 am Noted accused homophobe and anti-choicer Tracy Grey is certainly not alone when it comes to exorbitant travel expenses charged to the taxpayers. The Conservative benches appear to be rife with those who couldn't care less about those of us who work to foot their bills.
And the Cons wonder why they can't get any traction with the "vote for us because Trudeau is corrupt" schtick [icon_lol2.gif]
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

https://www.ourcommons.ca/PublicDisclos ... Language=E

For those interested in checking the expenses of their Members of Parliament here is a reference. While it is understandable that a MP who lives on the east or west coast would have higher travel expenses than those who serve riding sin central Canada, CPC representatives expenses seem to trend higher than most others.

However, in fairness, for the current period Ms. Grey's and Mr. ALbas' expenditures are similar and in line with the expenditures of the rest of the members representing BC. It seems to me, that this is a lot to do about very little. What is more important is performance per dollar of expenditure. In my opinion Mr. Albas has performed better, worked harder, and been more accessible.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I had an interesting conversation with citizen Mel, during the Harper years. His strident denial of climate change set my opposition to him in stone, forever.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Let's see the complete list of MPs with their travel expenses. $250,000 is absolutely ridiculous, and unacceptable, but let's see the complete list to see who else is doing this.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Your link refer to a period of 3 months (start of the pandemic).
MEMBERS' EXPENDITURES REPORT
APRIL 1, 2020 TO JUNE 30, 2020

Do you have a link for the last year?
Thank you.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

Sorry, this is the best that I can do at this time.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/PublicDisclos ... Language=E

This is through to 2019. When I have more time, I will do a deeper search. However, you can always phone up your MP's office and request the information. They are required to provide it. If they hedge, that may tell you something about their transparency.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 11:51 am
And the Cons wonder why they can't get any traction with the "vote for us because Trudeau is corrupt" schtick [icon_lol2.gif]
The CPC is getting traction with a lot of various strategies. Trudeau is corrupt, obviously, but the CPC is building a big tent, and moving to the center. That's the real traction.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

crookedmember wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 11:15 am
Tell me again how this is the party of fiscal responsibility.
The CPC is the party of fiscal responsibility. That much is obvious.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 12:30 pm I had an interesting conversation with citizen Mel, during the Harper years. His strident denial of climate change set my opposition to him in stone, forever.
Wow - he honestly said that the climate doesn't change? Really? I find that hard to believe.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 27th, 2021, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Discuss the topic not fellow posters.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 1:09 pm
Ka-El wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 11:51 am
The CPC is getting traction with a lot of various strategies. Trudeau is corrupt, obviously, but the CPC is building a big tent, and moving to the center. That's the real traction.
GB, valiant defence but no cigar. CPC has no strategies except to mud sling, they have a little pup tent that's crowed with white extremists and anti-abortionists.

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 27th, 2021, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 27th, 2021, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Glacier wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 12:33 pm Let's see the complete list of MPs with their travel expenses. $250,000 is absolutely ridiculous, and unacceptable, but let's see the complete list to see who else is doing this.
That's the combined travel expense for their SPOUSES.......close to 250K :200: . That's on top of their own travel expenses. Look who came in third in travel expenses for their spouse at 126K......yup good ole Independent JWR without a portfolio. :biggrin:

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 29th, 2021, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to site that is not allowed.

Return to “Canada”