McDonalds Trashed!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

McDonalds Trashed!

Post by Bsuds »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/341362 ... der-mix-up

It's bad when people freak out over little things like this. Sounds like this guy has a few things loose that need tightening.

If I freaked out every time McD's messed up my order there is 1 here in town that would be in sad shape.

They never get it right. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Trixster
Banned

Re: McDonalds Trashed!

Post by Trixster »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 5:04 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/341362 ... der-mix-up

It's bad when people freak out over little things like this. Sounds like this guy has a few things loose that need tightening.

If I freaked out every time McD's messed up my order there is 1 here in town that would be in sad shape.

They never get it right. lol
Is it the one on Hwy 33 in Rutland? If so i totally agree, i have walked up to the counter and asked for a Big Mac and Medium fries ( no drink ) and they still messed it up! So they correct the mistake only to now hand me a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Fries and a Drink, again they apologized and corrected the order to now hand me a McChicken, Apple Pie, Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin and Orange Juice lol. After that i cut my losses and walked away without even asking for a refund.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Trixster wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 5:28 pm Is it the one on Hwy 33 in Rutland? If so i totally agree
No it's the one on Lakeshore and KLO.

The last time I complained to the HO and was supposed to get a call from the manger. never got the call.

Not surprising as the service there is not the best. Sounds like Rutland is no better.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Someone definitely needs anger management... only :cuss: idiot does this over food order.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Trixster wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 5:28 pm Is it the one on Hwy 33 in Rutland? If so i totally agree
Bsuds wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 6:54 pm No it's the one on Lakeshore and KLO.

The last time I complained to the HO and was supposed to get a call from the manger. never got the call.

Not surprising as the service there is not the best. Sounds like Rutland is no better.
Article said it was a man from Delta who trashed a Richmond McD's. Was there also one in K'town?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 6:54 pm No it's the one on Lakeshore and KLO.

Thing is usually the only actual adult is the owner.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

McDonalds doesn't attract the best of people. And people aren't at their best when they're hungry. It's a combination that always brings the drama.

I never did get tired of refusing service. HO would never condone it because it was lost profit, but they never gave me a hard time about it either. Nothing more shocking to these people when they're expecting you to kiss butt and instead you tell them to leave. "But I'm a paying customer" "Not here"

Cops got free coffee if they came into the store (not via drive-thru). A policy I made up that was worth every bit of grief HO gave me for for "high coffee wastage". Not only were they right there and quick to step in with an unruly customer, when we called 911 someone was always there right away.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

10 bucks says this person feels victimized for having to wear a mask as well. Just a gut feeling.....
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

So, next ?? The Go Fund Me account so he can fight the unjust charges and sue McD's for their treatment of him ?

Imagine if you accidentally bumped into him spilling a drink on him or something. Psych exam in order ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 7:19 pm Was there also one in K'town?
No but with the service they give it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 6:54 pm
No it's the one on Lakeshore and KLO.

That's the one I often get an early am coffee from. Service there is hit and miss.
On a side note, the Kelowna and WK Mcd's are owned by a local family who are very hard working, gracious and always trying to do their best. They are very actively involved in the day to day operation.
The biggest issue they have is the same as many other places, finding quality (show up on time and follow the manual) staff.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

well because of the lousy staff they have lost our business. We refuse to go back because they never get it right.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 1:49 pm well because of the lousy staff they have lost our business. We refuse to go back because they never get it right.
Your digestive system says thank you. [icon_lol2.gif]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 1:51 pm
Bsuds wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 1:49 pm well because of the lousy staff they have lost our business. We refuse to go back because they never get it right.
Your digestive system says thank you. [icon_lol2.gif]
I only have half a Bowel so it doesn't stay in there long enough to do any damage. :biggrin:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

These are those situations where it should be 100% legal for bystanders to intervene :smt045

Just read a couple more articles about the incident to see if it was the McDonalds I think it was. Yup, Ironwood Plaza. Despite having a sign that says 24 Hour drive thru, it hasn't been open 24 hours for 2 years. Orders are constantly screwed up. Went there for a quick breakfast about a month ago, went to the kiosk to order my standard cheap breakfast off the value menu (Sausage McMuffin Combo) but they don't offer you combos on the value menu and you have to order every item individually so it ends up costing you just as much as a regular menu combo.

Return to “Social Concerns”