Posties Not Delivering Mail

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
BC Landlord
Guru

Posties Not Delivering Mail

Post by BC Landlord »

No mail deliveries for Kelowna, Penticton and Oliver due to poor air quality ...
https://www.summerlandreview.com/news/n ... r-quality/

I am wondering if they are going to skip a single paycheck for not doing their job. The rest of us have to show our face at work, smoke or no smoke, .. or else. Bloody unions.
Last edited by BC Landlord on Jul 29th, 2021, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Posties Not Delivering Mail

Post by TylerM4 »

Certainly a trend happening here. In the last year we've seen: "Too hot to deliver the mail, too much snow/ice to deliver the mail, and now it's too Smokey to deliver the mail."

Talk about tone deaf - Canada post already has one foot in the grave due to huge costs and competitors offering cheaper and more reliable services. They're not working themselves right out of the job.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Honestly, they can switch to delivering mail twice a week instead of 5, and nobody would notice.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I hate when you are waiting for a package and you know tracking says that day its going to show up so you watch the damm door all day. Nothing . Look at your tracking and delivery attempted ya right. Now you have to go stand in line and jerk around for something you paid to land at your house. Irritating lazy good for nothings.
Strong and free
spooker

Post by spooker »

So you're being forced to work outside when the air quality is fluctuating between "very unhealthy" and "hazardous"?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I went paperless years ago, the mail item I get is icbc it usually comes in December. Hopefully this will also become paperless soon.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Zoso wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 6:55 pm I hate when you are waiting for a package and you know tracking says that day its going to show up so you watch the damm door all day. Nothing . Look at your tracking and delivery attempted ya right. Now you have to go stand in line and jerk around for something you paid to land at your house. Irritating lazy good for nothings.
You sit at home all day waiting for packages? Man, unemployed life is rough.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Is it possible to pick up residential mail from the post office?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

spooker wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 7:13 pm So you're being forced to work outside when the air quality is fluctuating between "very unhealthy" and "hazardous"?
Yes. Unless of course being broke and living in a cardboard box in city park sounds appealing
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

With the exceptions of, Too Hot, Too Smokey, Too far to walk, Too many Dogs, Too many Snowflakes! (Postal ones)

Oh Ya and don't forget when it's Friday they don't wanna work either. (We never get mail on Fridays.) :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 30th, 2021, 6:48 am "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

With the exceptions of, Too Hot, Too Smokey, Too far to walk, Too many Dogs, Too many Snowflakes! (Postal ones)

Oh Ya and don't forget when it's Friday they don't wanna work either. (We never get mail on Fridays.) :biggrin:
:laugh: :up: :up:

I seen the writing on the wall years ago it’s 1 of the reason I went paperless.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

TylerM4 wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 2:43 pm. They're not working themselves right out of the job.
A very good and accurate summary. :smt045
You and 71 others Like this post
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I spoke to my Postie - he said they showed up, were told no deliveries Weds. Which just meant they had to work harder and longer yesterday in the same smoke. Wasn't their fault.. good ole management
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Zoso wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 6:55 pm Now you have to go stand in line and jerk around for something you paid to land at your house.
Please remember though. that person you are being served by at the outlet had zero
to do with your package not being delivered to your door.
Don't vent your frustrations toward them.

Nasty, nasty things are said and done by members of the public in those places.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I never bring it up with them . All very nice ladies.
Strong and free

Return to “Social Concerns”