How many cubic feet?

A potpourri of off-topics.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: How many cubic feet?

Post by binky11 »

just popping in wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 8:02 pm Now this was not only my smile of the day but laugh too.
Thanks Blinky, I'm not the only one who has these measurement problems. :130:

But I wouldn't deal with Wally World.
Glad I could make someone laugh. Ya gotta laugh or you would cry. It’s just a freezer for crying out loud. Should not be rocket science stuff.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Can you remove patio door temporarily to facilitate moving freezer in?

You might find a couple of spare inches there
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 8:18 pm Can you remove patio door temporarily to facilitate moving freezer in?

You might find a couple of spare inches there
Sliding patio door should be able pop out, just lift up near the bottom.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

binky11 wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 7:58 pm but it’s a bit of an overkill for my small patio, plus I’m not even sure management would even allow an upright on patios.
Best to find out before you buy anything, right?
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Oh gosh…i read on page one that you had to move freezer throughpatio door….not to remove the patio door and leave freezer on patio.

You want freezer put inside apt, yes?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 8:31 pm Oh gosh…i read on page one that you had to move freezer throughpatio door….not to remove the patio door and leave freezer on patio.

You want freezer put inside apt, yes?
No I need to put the freezer on my patio. Outside. Door only opens so far then hits patio railing, so I can’t even use the full width of my door, as it won’t swing wide open. Have about 28” to play with.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Binky, check with management and see if any type of freezer or appliance is allowed on your patio. If the answer is no, you could be told to remove the chest freezer.

Didn't you say you couldn't have a bbq on the patio so that's why you purchased a Coleman stove when the hydro transmission lines were in danger due to the Brenda Creek fire?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 9:48 pm Binky, check with management and see if any type of freezer/appliance is allowed on your patio. If the answer is no, you could be told to remove the chest freezer.
Many people here have a chest freezer on their deck. This is allowed. Most have the small 5 cubic ones.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Chest freezers are usually small enough they won't be seen over the deck/patio railing and wouldn't be considered an eyesore to neighbours. Problem might be with the height of an upright.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 1st, 2021, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 9:54 pm ^^^Chest freezers are usually small enough they won't be see over the deck/patio railing and wouldn't be considered an eyesore to neighbours. Problem might be with the height of an upright.
Exactly
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

binky11 wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 9:51 pm
oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 9:48 pm Binky, check with management and see if any type of freezer/appliance is allowed on your patio. If the answer is no, you could be told to remove the chest freezer.
Many people here have a chest freezer on their deck. This is allowed. Most have the small 5 cubic ones.
Many fridges will not operate below a certain temperature, such as 6 or 7C. They will also overheat in high temperatures.
Have you looked into freezers having this issue?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I have had my freezer outside for 40 years now. Maybe not ideal but the one I have now is about 22 years old. I did read that they can take the heat better than the cold, which surprised me. Mine only gets the sun for two hours early morning. But I know there is a leak near the hinge as it forms a snowball there in the winter lol. That’s why I want another one soon, don't want to wait till it breaks and lose all my food. But for me I have no choice, it’s outside or not have one at all.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We too have a freezer, over 40 years old. I'm just not sure if new ones will handle a wide flucuation in temperatures.
When you go shopping for one, check that out.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

:up:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

They don’t make them as well as in old days. I got 27 years use out of my two small freezers before one died (too-many moves, I suspect) recently.

Bought one new , slightly larger, (or so the tag says) and the delivery guys moved out both old freezers (one still working just fine) in less than 15 minutes.

I still take the precaution of using those foil car windshield protectors to overlay my frozen goods, just in case of power outage, the Cold air stays inside compartment longer.

Unknown

Return to “Grab Bag”