McDonalds Trashed!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
BC Landlord
Guru

Re: McDonalds Trashed!

Post by BC Landlord »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 2:33 pm These are those situations where it should be 100% legal for bystanders to intervene :smt045

Just read a couple more articles about the incident to see if it was the McDonalds I think it was. Yup, Ironwood Plaza. Despite having a sign that says 24 Hour drive thru, it hasn't been open 24 hours for 2 years. Orders are constantly screwed up. Went there for a quick breakfast about a month ago, went to the kiosk to order my standard cheap breakfast off the value menu (Sausage McMuffin Combo) but they don't offer you combos on the value menu and you have to order every item individually so it ends up costing you just as much as a regular menu combo.
Still, ... people on such a short fuse are scary. If that was me, I would just stop paying patronage to them.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

BC Landlord wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 4:03 pm
Still, ... people on such a short fuse are scary. If that was me, I would just stop paying patronage to them.
Oh I agree with that, hence the first sentence in my post.

The funny thing is that there was a "racist" attack at the Burger King just down the street a few weeks ago. This location is also notorious for dismal service, constantly running out of products on a daily basis, wrong orders, over charging, etc. Again, not agreeing with the behaviour, just find it interesting given the reputation of the locations where the incidents took place.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

BC Landlord wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 4:03 pm Still, ... people on such a short fuse are scary. If that was me, I would just stop paying patronage to them.
OKkayak wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 4:19 pm Oh I agree with that, hence the first sentence in my post.

The funny thing is that there was a "racist" attack at the Burger King just down the street a few weeks ago. This location is also notorious for dismal service, constantly running out of products on a daily basis, wrong orders, over charging, etc. Again, not agreeing with the behaviour, just find it interesting given the reputation of the locations where the incidents took place.
Coworker some time back purchase 2 breakfast sandwich’s from BK, he ate 1 and said it tasted weird. Just as he was about to eat the second I stopped him.
Bread was moldy

I suspect from now on he will be checking everything he eats. [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

sobrohusfat wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 5:26 pm
I didn't want that beer anyway! [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

sobrohusfat wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 5:26 pm
If McD’s moves over to paper straws, that sound will not happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Social Concerns”