RE: Crime down 8% in Canada

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: RE: Crime down 8% in Canada

Post by Smurf »

Ever wonder why we have high crime rates in Canada. A good place to start is the court/legal system. Perfect example is Kyle Gianis in Kelowna.

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE CHANGED MY QUOTES TO CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.
Kyle Gianis has survived yet another attempt on his life.
Kelowna RCMP confirms one of the men shot outside a restaurant on Pandosy street Saturday night was Gianis, who has survived other assassination attempts as recently as March.
The other victim, a 25-year old man from Surrey remains in hospital with what police describe as "life-threatening injuries."
Gianis is believed to have gang ties and he's survived a number of attempts on his life. Saturday's shooting was the fourth assassination attempt on him since 2017.
In 2007, the CBC reported that Gianis was the occupant of a home that was shot at two nights in a row.
Gianis was sentenced to 13 years in prison in Washington State in 2008 for smuggling methamphetamine precursors into the U.S. He was transferred to Canada and released on parole in 2013.
Released on parole after 5 years :200:

In 2017, he was the target of a shooting in Langley outside a restaurant that ended up killing his friend Tyler Pastuck. David Tull was sentenced to nearly 12 years in jail for conspiracy to murder Gianis in the 2017 shooting.

Then in 2018, Surrey nurse Paul Bennett was killed when an assassin searching for Gianis went to the wrong home, reported the Vancouver Sun at the time.

The most recent was in March, outside Global Fitness off Kelowna's Burtch Road. He was injured by gunfire in that incident.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--1-.htm

Just imagine if they had kept this idiot in jail. 2 possibly 3 peoples lives would have been saved and the danger to public created by flying bullets' would have been zero. It is no wonder we have sooo much crime when we keep letting people, out on bail or any other way they have of getting them out to commit again. Just look up the rater of re-offenders in BC or Canada for that matter. We would drop our crime rates away down by actually charging people and making them serve their sentences.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I'm not surprised crime is down. The Trudeau government has lifted nearly a million people out of poverty.

People with full bellies don't commit as much crime. You can google this and read actual studies. This is not something you'll find in the Buffalo Chronicles! This is peer-reviewed research!

I expect if the other guys manage to get in one day and slash services for the poor to build prisons, crime will go up again.

Luckily, I don't see the other guys getting in anytime soon, so crime should continue fall.

One of the safest countries in the world is getting safer. Rejoice!
All posts 100% moderator approved!
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 4:51 pm I'm not surprised crime is down. The Trudeau government has lifted nearly a million people out of poverty.

People with full bellies don't commit as much crime. You can google this and read actual studies. This is not something you'll find in the Buffalo Chronicles! This is peer-reviewed research!

I expect if the other guys manage to get in one day and slash services for the poor to build prisons, crime will go up again.

Luckily, I don't see the other guys getting in anytime soon, so crime should continue fall.

One of the safest countries in the world is getting safer. Rejoice!
Not really worth responding to
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

The conservative answer to crime is to put everyone in jail. Forever.

They don't seem to understand (as of 2018) the average cost to keep a prisoner is $115,000 per year. Maximum security is much higher.

That's enough money each year per prisoner to save ten Canadians with heart surgery. Or pay university tuition for ten students.

So most countries try to put as few people in prison as possible. And those that are sent to prison get out after they've done time appropriate to the crime (rather than what crimes they might commit).

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic: Crime down 8% in Canada
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

ferri wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:16 am :topic: Crime down 8% in Canada
I find that hard to believe.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

bb49 wrote:
ferri wrote:
:topic: Crime down 8% in Canada
I find that hard to believe.
You're not the only one!

Return to “Canada”