Online purchase deliveries

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Online purchase deliveries

Post by Bsuds »

So I admit that I am an online shopping junkie and here is my concern/complaint.

2 orders from Amazon. 1 arrived yesterday and the delivery company sends out an email telling me it is arriving and an approx timeline. I then get an email when they deliver it to my door.

Awesome service,

The second delivery by a large international well known carrier and nothing.

No advanced notice and nothing when it's dropped off. The driver didn't even ring the doorbell. (I have it on camera)

I wish Amazon would let me chose which carrier to use for my deliveries. Guess which one I would pick?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
BC Landlord
Guru

Re: Online purchase deliveries

Post by BC Landlord »

With Amazon, you have an option for your orders to be delivered to your local postal office for pickup.
spooker

Post by spooker »

I've gone with their Hub Locker system ... nothing left on the doorstep, it's next door to my office, doesn't require an extra person in the process ...
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I like that too Bsuds! I get notifications when I send gifts through Amazon too.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Question: I am working toward downsizing from a single family residence into a condo. How do deleivery people deal with deliveries to a multiple occupant building ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

fluffy wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 1:47 pm Question: I am working toward downsizing from a single family residence into a condo. How do deleivery people deal with deliveries to a multiple occupant building ?
Friends of mine said sometimes by your door and during Covid, they leave most things by the mail area, which doesn't make sense because everyone's grubby hands are all over them.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Perhaps in some buildings that may be the case

In our 40 privately owned suites in the apt block email notification sent, courier arrives, buzzes you, you let him in. My last delivery had a heavy pkg from Amazon and courier delivered it right to my door before i could pull myself together to go and retrieve it from mail area.

When recipient is out, courier leaves a sticky note on the glass outside door that one of us who notices it, removes and places it on inside of doors by elevator so recipient can take it and deal with it.

In some cases a resident sees courier, lets him in to drop package in mail area.

NO ONE has any interest in pawing over someone else’s pkg. That is swinish behaviour
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 5:49 pm Perhaps in some buildings that may be the case

In our 40 privately owned suites in the apt block email notification sent, courier arrives, buzzes you, you let him in. My last delivery had a heavy pkg from Amazon and courier delivered it right to my door before i could pull myself together to go and retrieve it from mail area.

When recipient is out, courier leaves a sticky note on the glass outside door that one of us who notices it, removes and places it on inside of doors by elevator so recipient can take it and deal with it.

In some cases a resident sees courier, lets him in to drop package in mail area.

NO ONE has any interest in pawing over someone else’s pkg. That is swinish behaviour
I think he said, the couriers at his large apartment building are lazy and drops them off at the mail room and then everyone has to handle the packages to see if it's for them. That's not a good situation in a Pandemic.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Couriers are selectively chosen for deliveries to certain apt buildings??

Who would have thought?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 6:50 pm Couriers are selectively chosen for deliveries to certain apt buildings??

Who would have thought?
The ones at his apartments apparently are because there are hundreds of units......not like the 40 at yours.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We had two deliveries coming.
First one was to be yesterday.
An email came and said the delivery would be in the next three hours.
About three hours later an email came and stated that the delivery was unsuccessful as no one was home.
There were three vehicles in the driveway, garage door was open and we were all sitting in the backyard.
He must have knocked, no answer so didn't leave it.
We're still waiting for this delivery.

Next delivery was to be today.
Email came like yesterday and shortly afterwards we heard a light "thud" by the front door. There's our delivery.
No knock, he just left it on the front deck, which is not an issue.

Two deliveries with completely different results.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

fluffy wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 1:47 pm Question: I am working toward downsizing from a single family residence into a condo. How do deleivery people deal with deliveries to a multiple occupant building ?
Best bet and probably the safest would be to have it sent to post office for pick up.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 4:54 pmBest bet and probably the safest would be to have it sent to post office for pick up.
My thought too. Not quite sure where I'll end up, condo or townhouse.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

fluffy wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 5:32 pm
Bsuds wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 4:54 pmBest bet and probably the safest would be to have it sent to post office for pick up.
Depends on the location as well. We are at the end of a cul d'sac and out front doorway is hidden from the street. That makes it relatively safe for things to be dropped there. If something is real expensive or important I would opt for the pick up too.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

fluffy wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 5:32 pm
Do the couriers from intelicom, UPS, Fedex, Purolator deliver to the post-office? I assume they allow pickup from their warehouse location if you so desire. All of these services deliver to condo/apartments. They will use the condo building intercom and if you are home, you buzz them in and they deliver to your door. Some may only deliver to the mailbox area, but that was at the height of the pandemic. All of these couriers mentioned also notify you about your delivery by email....well, most of the time. (Purolator is the exception)

Return to “Social Concerns”