Conveniently leaving out important information

common_sense_guy
Übergod

Conveniently leaving out important information

Post by common_sense_guy »

Toni Harris from the Vernon area gave her big sob story that they wouldn't honour her evacuation voucher. Now why did she go and make a big fuss about it and leave out a very important part like she didn't have any ID. I'm pretty sure they would have told her the reason they're not honouring it right then and there. And why would they if it could be fraudulently stolen. So that also leads me to believe she probably didn't even have a driver's license cuz that would have picture ID.
But yet she decides to go on social media and gives her sob story and leaves out the most important part of the story. The reason they didn't honour it.
And of course Castanet just runs with the story before looking into it or doing any fact-checking because they know it's going to upset and bother people and make them click the story. it obviously did bother a whole bunch of you woke social justice Warriors who then got all upset about it without even knowing the full story( and going by what one lady says to start with ) and you started calling up the business and getting all irate with them. Do you feel better about it. Maybe next time you want to go fight some hideous Injustice out there get the facts straight before you do it. Just makes you all look like idiots now that you we're calling up ragging on people that didn't deserve it. Great work.
In my opinion people like you were no better than the anti maskers who like to go into a store and make a big stink unjustly.. Stop Believing everything you see on Facebook or a news Outlet that hasn't been verified before you go all sjw on people that don't deserve it.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/34 ... or-evacuee
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Conveniently leaving out important information

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I've never had to evacuate and flee a wild fire with minutes to spare (yet). I should think a person might not have their ID with them in a panic to leave and what or who to take. the stress leaves the brain sometimes not functioning all that well. Then to finally get a voucher and turn up at the right location expecting a safe haven, nowhere else to go, and be turned away.
So I'd be inclined to cut someone some slack under the circumstances, most anyone would be frustrated and upset at that point. The hotel has it's protocols, maybe they could have asked the person if it was okay to contact RCMP and check their address or driver's license if they had one.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 8:33 pm I've never had to evacuate and flee a wild fire with minutes to spare (yet). I should think a person might not have their ID with them in a panic to leave and what or who to take. the stress leaves the brain sometimes not functioning all that well. Then to finally get a voucher and turn up at the right location expecting a safe haven, nowhere else to go, and be turned away.
So I'd be inclined to cut someone some slack under the circumstances. The hotel has it's protocols, maybe they could have asked the person if it was okay to contact RCMP and check their address or driver's license if they had one.
You would think that you would need ID to receive the voucher in first place.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Here's the lowdown on evacuating and receiving government accommodation.

Your Emergency Support Services File Number is: XXXXXX

Thank you for submitting your online self-registration.
Next Steps

Please keep a record of your Emergency Support Services File Number to receive emergency support services that can be provided up to 72 hours starting from the time connecting in with a local ESS Responder at a Reception Centre.
After a need's assessment interview with a local ESS Responder has been completed, supports are provided to purchase goods and services if eligible.
Any goods and services purchased prior to a need's assessment interview are not eligible for retroactive reimbursement.
If you are under EVACUATION ALERT or DO NOT require emergency serves at this time, no further action is required.
If you are under EVACUATION ORDER, and require emergency supports, proceed to your nearest Reception Centre. A list of open Reception Centres can be found at Emergency Info BC.
If NO nearby Reception Centre is open and immediate action is required, please contact your Local Emergency Program for next steps.

When you go to an emergency reception centre, you will be given a pink slip which you give to the hotel that you have been assigned to. The evacuee and the hotel do not have a choice on who goes where.
Without the pink slip you cannot stay at the hotel and they cannot be paid.

So yes, you do require ID and the Emergency Support Services File Number in order to receive a voucher.

They will also give out vouchers for groceries.

So the important thing here is YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE. It's strongly recommended to do it as soon as you are included in an Evacuation Alert.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

The hospital are now dealing with a huge influx of broken ankles from people jumping to conclusions.
Both woke and NDP gov't are not helping the hospitals at the moment.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 8:33 pm I've never had to evacuate and flee a wild fire with minutes to spare (yet). I should think a person might not have their ID with them in a panic to leave and what or who to take. the stress leaves the brain sometimes not functioning all that well. Then to finally get a voucher and turn up at the right location expecting a safe haven, nowhere else to go, and be turned away.
So I'd be inclined to cut someone some slack under the circumstances, most anyone would be frustrated and upset at that point. The hotel has it's protocols, maybe they could have asked the person if it was okay to contact RCMP and check their address or driver's license if they had one.
Really, so you would leave without your driver's license and drive away.? I would think that would be one of the most important things you should bring with you. So no sorry, no slack should be cut for her. She could have stole it for all they know. And that's all fine and dandy if she did actually leave her stuff but don't go getting all you social justice Warriors up in arms and leave out the most important part of the story. Which is what I wrote about. She just wanted sympathy and has no understanding for how the rules are. Absolutely disgusted when people do this in society and absolutely disgusted by the response of the knee-jerk reacting people.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

common_sense_guy wrote: Aug 7th, 2021, 8:46 am
Really, so you would leave without your driver's license and drive away.? I would think that would be one of the most important things you should bring with you. So no sorry, no slack should be cut for her. She could have stole it for all they know. And that's all fine and dandy if she did actually leave her stuff but don't go getting all you social justice Warriors up in arms and leave out the most important part of the story. Which is what I wrote about. She just wanted sympathy and has no understanding for how the rules are. Absolutely disgusted when people do this in society and absolutely disgusted by the response of the knee-jerk reacting people.
agree with you 100%, but remember it's pretty clear that these days common sense is now very rare, maybe even a super power
:200: [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Your wallet would be the first thing you grab on your way out the door because in addition to drivers license/care card etc., it would have your CCs and maybe even cash.

Wallets are as precious as your phone.

I empathize with her because being evacuated is no fun but the onus is still on her to be responsible. Reaching out to complain is what silly people do.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

common_sense_guy wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 6:49 pm Toni Harris from the Vernon area gave her big sob story that they wouldn't honour her evacuation voucher. Now why did she go and make a big fuss about it and leave out a very important part like she didn't have any ID. I'm pretty sure they would have told her the reason they're not honouring it right then and there. And why would they if it could be fraudulently stolen. So that also leads me to believe she probably didn't even have a driver's license cuz that would have picture ID.
But yet she decides to go on social media and gives her sob story and leaves out the most important part of the story. The reason they didn't honour it.
And of course Castanet just runs with the story before looking into it or doing any fact-checking because they know it's going to upset and bother people and make them click the story. it obviously did bother a whole bunch of you woke social justice Warriors who then got all upset about it without even knowing the full story( and going by what one lady says to start with ) and you started calling up the business and getting all irate with them. Do you feel better about it. Maybe next time you want to go fight some hideous Injustice out there get the facts straight before you do it. Just makes you all look like idiots now that you we're calling up ragging on people that didn't deserve it. Great work.
In my opinion people like you were no better than the anti maskers who like to go into a store and make a big stink unjustly.. Stop Believing everything you see on Facebook or a news Outlet that hasn't been verified before you go all sjw on people that don't deserve it.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/34 ... or-evacuee
your absolutely 100% right on the money very well said :130:
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

mexi cali wrote: Aug 10th, 2021, 11:33 am Your wallet would be the first thing you grab on your way out the door because in addition to drivers license/care card etc., it would have your CCs and maybe even cash.

Wallets are as precious as your phone.

I empathize with her because being evacuated is no fun but the onus is still on her to be responsible. Reaching out to complain is what silly people do.
:up:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Fifty percent of us have less than an average IQ. Common sense isn't all that common. It is unfortunate and sad that we live in a world in which people will be dishonest to take advantage of charity and thus, it is necessary to verify identity rather than take someone at their word.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “North Okanagan”