Online purchase deliveries

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Online purchase deliveries

Post by oneh2obabe »

Couriers deliver to the address you designated on the order. A few will allow you to redirect prior to the 1st delivery attempt but you have to be signed up for that service.

Intelcom Courrier uses a number of different local and national carriers so picking up at a warehouse would be next to impossible.
When you track a package before the first delivery attempt, UPS My Choice® members see options to change delivery for eligible shipments. Options include redirecting your package to another address, rescheduling the delivery date, or picking up your package at a UPS customer center or at a UPS Access Point™ location, where available.
https://www.ups.com/ca/en/help-center/s ... ivery.page
Set your delivery preferences for your incoming packages with FedEx® Delivery Manager and then sit back, relax, and enjoy the convenience.
https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/manage-my-deliveries.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

fluffy wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 1:47 pm Question: I am working toward downsizing from a single family residence into a condo. How do deleivery people deal with deliveries to a multiple occupant building ?
The buzzer/intercom.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 6th, 2021, 6:50 pm Couriers are selectively chosen for deliveries to certain apt buildings??

Who would have thought?
Yah, no they're not. It goes to whichever couriers route has the closest contact to your building. I have had some very poor delivery people and I have had some vey good ones.

Getting to know the ones who are handling your stuff and being friendly will go a long way to successful transactions.

we see them all; Purolator, FedEx, INtelcom, UPS. One of these has been really good, the rest, not so much.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Couriers have a set route - I get the same driver regardless of which courier is making the delivery. If an apartment building is on route 8B, the regular driver assigned to that route will be the one making deliveries to the building.

Saw my UPS driver who regularly makes deliveries to me at the end of the driveway so I went outside to meet her and get the package. Said guess you'll be going to my gf's house shortly - she lives a 5 minute drive from me around the corner. I had ordered something and was having it delivered there - driver said nope, that's a different route.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mexi cali wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 9:01 pm
The buzzer/intercom.
So they push the button and leave the package at the front door?

If they do the same as at my place some don't even push the button.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mexi cali wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 9:05 pm
we see them all; Purolator, FedEx, INtelcom, UPS. One of these has been really good, the rest, not so much.
Intelcom has the best track record with my deliveries.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Annoying when I get the email saying " your package will will delivered blah blah" so I change stuff up to be home. No package. About 9pm you get an email " delivery has been rescheduled. FedEx told me they have a bunch of new couriers so there have been some issues.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote: Aug 9th, 2021, 6:21 am FedEx told me they have a bunch of new couriers so there have been some issues.
Even with a GPS some of these guys can get lost because English is not their primary language. :200:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

How can they read the delivery labels then?
Bring back the LIKE button.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It looks like the boom in online commerce has led to a pinch in the supply of drivers. I had a number of questionable experiences with Intelicom when they first started handling Amazon orders a while back but they seem to have cleaned up their act since. I'm okay where I am as my main entry is somewhat sheltered from street view, any time I have had something go missing it has been Canada Post apparently dropping it at the wrong address. Sometimes they eventually show up, sometimes not, but Amazon is exceptionally efficient at fixing things when something goes wrong.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Canada Post parcel locker for condos and apartments.
I just wanted to copy an image from the internet but I don't know how.
So here's a link.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ ... -sheet.pdf
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote: Aug 9th, 2021, 7:01 am How can they read the delivery labels then?
That's the stuff that never shows up! :biggrin:

Return to “Social Concerns”