One Way Border!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Coronavirus and Border openings

Post by the truth »

common_sense_guy wrote: Aug 9th, 2021, 9:34 pm Maybe there is something I'm not getting and someone here can explain it to me. Why the heck are we Opening Our borders to international travel when this new Delta variant is more contagious and apparently worse for us.? Like seriously.
We all know it's going to increase cases and we're already losing our rights within Canada because the cases are rising from Canadians alone. So we are supposed to be okay with letting foreign Travelers bring more virus in at the expense of scaling back our rights as Canadians. This does not sit well with me and it shouldn't sit well with anybody.

it's pretty clear this will increase are covid cases drastically, i hope we can all agree on that,
so the real question is why are they doing it,
but we have to listen the bon bon and the rest of are leaders on tv everyday go on about doing are share.
while it's pretty clear that they are doing there best to keep on spreading it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

the truth wrote: Aug 10th, 2021, 7:27 am
it's pretty clear this will increase are covid cases drastically, i hope we can all agree on that,
but we have to listen the bon bon and the rest of are leaders on tv everyday go on about doing are share.
"Bon bon" has zero say when it comes to Canada's international borders. That decision is made 4000km to the east.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 10th, 2021, 11:57 am
the truth wrote: Aug 10th, 2021, 7:27 am
"Bon bon" has zero say when it comes to Canada's international borders. That decision is made 4000km to the east.
By the guy with the Room Temperature IQ.
The Prime Minister of Canada is the guy that should be able to answer the question as to why they did it, but we all know he can't due to his “speech disfluency”
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: One Way Border!

Post by GordonH »

bumped up

Surprise, just in time for US black friday sales across the border.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ... lers-Nov-8

btw good luck finding stuff
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I can see getting to deep into the US, but I'll be happy to have access to the parcel service in Oroville once again. My pipeline to Stumptown Coffee will flow once again.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 7:36 am bumped up

But you will still need a negative Covid test to return to Canada. That pretty much puts a stop to day trips!

Why bother?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 7:47 am
GordonH wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 7:36 am bumped up

But you will still need a negative Covid test to return to Canada. That pretty much puts a stop to day trips!

Why bother?
Just get a rapid test kit that Canadian border accepts the results from.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

fluffy wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 7:47 am I can see getting to deep into the US, but I'll be happy to have access to the parcel service in Oroville once again. My pipeline to Stumptown Coffee will flow once again.
Wow ! you must really like coffee and those parcels must be very important. You realize that you must have a test (costing between $150 and $250) to get back into Canada, right ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

GordonH wrote: Aug 9th, 2021, 6:29 pm Case fatality rate:

Mexico is 8.2%
USA is 1.7%
Canada is 1.8%

These figures are from John Hopkins.
Then they couldn't possibly be accurate then.. [icon_lol2.gif]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 7:59 am Just get a rapid test kit that Canadian border accepts the results from.
From : https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/trave ... nto-canada

"Pre-entry test result requirements
All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada or proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days.

Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted."

"For short trips that are less than 72 hours, Canadian citizens, people registered under the Indian Act, permanent residents and protected persons travelling to the United States are allowed to do their pre-entry molecular test before they leave Canada."

Don't know about you but the cost of the test, for me, sort puts a brief shopping trip to the USA out of the question.

The media has done a "great" job of pointing out that actually the border is open in theory only, unless you have starting a lengthy vacation by land.
Last edited by my5cents on Oct 15th, 2021, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

If you are going on a day trip can you not take the test in Canada before you go?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 7:59 am Just get a rapid test kit that Canadian border accepts the results from.
The main reason we would want to go across right away would be to get some Tillamook Cheese so the added cost and hassle is just not worth it.

We will wait until the Vaxx Passport is all that is required.

We all ready cancelled a Cruise for next year because of the difficulties in travelling with the Covid testing.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 8:07 am If you are going on a day trip can you not take the test in Canada before you go?
Sure can. But it's still not cheap.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 8:07 am If you are going on a day trip can you not take the test in Canada before you go?
The last time we checked it was approx $200-250 per person to get it done at the airports.

So if it's the same for a day trip then a bit pricey just to do some shopping.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

my5cents wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 8:00 amWow ! you must really like coffee and those parcels must be very important. You realize that you must have a test (costing between $150 and $250) to get back into Canada, right ?
Well poop. They sell a coffee that comes from one particular producer in Ethiopia that I've never found an equal too, but I don't like it that much.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Social Concerns”