Church as a Business

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Church as a Business

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Churches starting to flout their tax exempt status using grey areas in the rules.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/KrBcpL5HGcs[/youtube]
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Church as a Business

Post by occasional thoughts »

Amen and amen. Religionists should be DEMANDING to pay their fair share so they're not compromised in any way by the devil or sin in society and government. Yes, there should be "freedom of religion" but not freedom from taxes.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 2:48 am Churches starting to flout their tax exempt status using grey areas in the rules.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/KrBcpL5HGcs[/youtube]
They are really no different then legitimate businesses. Everyone out there pushes the envelope when it comes to finding loopholes for any and all taxes.
A good tax accountant is worth his weight in gold.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

bb49 wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 1:42 pm
They are really no different then legitimate businesses. Everyone out there pushes the envelope when it comes to finding loopholes for any and all taxes.
Not true at all.. everyone out there? Nope not at all or even close... But your hate blinds you. its like blaming a race pf people and saying all this group is this way. Same prejudice and is always wrong. Dont get me wrong... there are many that do and overall I think many are evil. Not a fan... I'm just not blinded by prejudice and hate
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

The Church is absolutely different than a "business". The Bible even has Jesus turning over tables and tossing coins all over the place to indicate that. At the end of the day - churches that create revenues in a way that disconnects them from "people" (like homeless or on drugs or any other reasons) will be focused on more for abdicating their duty to society. And the question from people will focus more and more about the return on investment shielding church organizations from taxes.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 10:51 pm ...Jesus turning over tables ...

$15 trillion? That's twice what USA spent slaughtering Iraqis - just so you can compare.

There was a website that showed the income of almost all churches in Canada.
I think Jack van Impe - the phony with his wife Rexella - on TV - pulled in $4 million from Canada alone each year.

The biggest churches in Kelowna earn $1 - $2 million per year.

All churches need real estate, though. They tell people several times each year - "do not store up treasures on earth."

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Thinktank wrote: Aug 4th, 2021, 7:18 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 10:51 pm ...Jesus turning over tables ...

$15 trillion? That's twice what USA spent slaughtering Iraqis - just so you can compare.

There was a website that showed the income of almost all churches in Canada.
I think Jack van Impe - the phony with his wife Rexella - on TV - pulled in $4 million from Canada alone each year.

The biggest churches in Kelowna earn $1 - $2 million per year.

All churches need real estate, though. They tell people several times each year - "do not store up treasures on earth."

Great points and illustration.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Only really gullible foolish people send money to any tv evangelist.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

So half of Americans and Albertans?
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

capleton wrote: Aug 5th, 2021, 7:06 pm So half of Americans and Albertans?
As Good As - if nothing else. Inbred Middle Americans for sure.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 10:17 pm
Not true at all.. everyone out there? Nope not at all or even close... But your hate blinds you. its like blaming a race pf people and saying all this group is this way. Same prejudice and is always wrong. Dont get me wrong... there are many that do and overall I think many are evil. Not a fan... I'm just not blinded by prejudice and hate
What? I just quoted a website in another thread that described the various church leaders and their fraud ministries and how they scam peoples.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Hmmm wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 10:17 pm
Where do you see hate and prejudice in my quote?
If a church doesn't have good tax accountants than they are missing the boat.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jul 29th, 2021, 10:51 pm The Church is absolutely different than a "business". The Bible even has Jesus turning over tables and tossing coins all over the place to indicate that. At the end of the day - churches that create revenues in a way that disconnects them from "people" (like homeless or on drugs or any other reasons) will be focused on more for abdicating their duty to society. And the question from people will focus more and more about the return on investment shielding church organizations from taxes.
WTH is the message here?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Many ‘churches’ are a shady cult-business, operating a tried fear formula that has been used for hundreds of years, to fleece the mindless flock of their cash.

Honest organizations that truly help people, don’t need the ‘church’ label. Individuals can use the Ten Commandments, or other beliefs, in their own abode or favourite nature spot. Some churches, other organizations, and individuals, are there to truly help mankind, and don’t flaunt their compassion.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

capleton wrote: Aug 5th, 2021, 7:06 pm So half of Americans and Albertans?
Alberta is the least religious province in Canada east of BC.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”