Greta Thunberg: teen activist the climate and eco crisis

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Greta Thunberg: teen activist the climate and eco crisis

Post by ckil »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 10:26 am
ckil wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 10:02 am Princeton Professor William Happer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExurRt2_ezM
Summary below the video.
The Heartland Institute

35.9K subscribers

Wiliam Happer, Professor of Physics (emeritus) at Princeton University, a founding board member of the CO2 Coalition, and a long-term member of the JASON advisory group, presents "Independence Now" at the 12th International Conference on Climate Change on March 24, 2017.
Pre-Greta.
However, recently sponsored by the Heartland Institute.

The anti-Greta: A conservative think tank takes on the global phenomenon

How a group allied with the Trump administration is paying a German teen to question established climate science.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... -alarmism/

<snip>

If imitation is the highest form of flattery, Heartland’s tactics amount to an acknowledgment that Greta has touched a nerve, especially among teens and young adults. Since launching her protest two years ago outside the Swedish parliament at age 15, Greta has sparked youth protests across the globe and in 2019 was named Time magazine’s “Person of the Year,” the youngest to ever win the honor.

<snip>
What point are you trying to make?
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 10:30 am "Greta Thunberg: teen activist the climate and eco crisis."
Global warming: because we're still coming out of the ice age.

We can accept that the earth has four seasons in every year, but we can't entertain the thought that we may still be coming out of the ice age?
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by ckil »

Greta's favourite book - Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore. Check out the airbrushed Book Cover. Typical fear mongering. The sad truth is that most people fall for it.
truth.JPG
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 10:48 am It looks like Greta is embracing the recent Michael Mann, ... [snip] ...

Putting the pressure on where it has a chance to do the most good.
Greta Thunberg
@GretaThunberg
"‘Forests are not renewable’: the felling of Sweden’s ancient trees
I think Greta should turn 100% of her focus to ...

over-population
(fewer people = fewer resources needed and fewer natural resources being exploited)

... and ...

deforestation
(freaking out about deforestation, including cutting down the Brazilian rain forest, was all the rage when I was a kid)

Stemming population growth and deforestation is much more plausible than giving up fossil fuel use, and would have an immediate positive effect on the environment. Don't you think, Sept?

“Greta Thunberg at 18: 'I'm not telling anyone what to do'”
Yes, she is.
~
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 11:08 am
Greta Thunberg
@GretaThunberg

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/statu ... 8428756999

"The forest ecosystem has changed so dramatically that not even the reindeer that have learned to survive on these lands since the ice age can live in the landscape that this type of forestry creates".
A not-so flattering portrait of Sweden you seldom see.

(Link in tweet)

"‘Forests are not renewable’: the felling of Sweden’s ancient trees

Forests cover 70% of the country, but many argue the Swedish model of replacing old-growth forests with monoculture plantations is bad for biodiversity. By Marcus Westberg

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... dYphFmudeg
Micheal Moore's Planet of the Humans did a good job of exposing the corruption behind the use of trees as a renewable source of energy - well worth a watch, the documentary was probably not what most people expected.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

ckil wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 11:53 am Greta's favourite book - Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore. Check out the airbrushed Book Cover. Typical fear mongering. The sad truth is that most people fall for it.

truth.JPG
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point but Gore's book cover isn't pretending to be a current photo, it is a prediction based on scientific modeling of what sea levels around the will globe will look like if the poles melt.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Poindexter wrote: Aug 17th, 2021, 8:30 am Micheal Moore's Planet of the Humans did a good job of exposing the corruption behind the use of trees as a renewable source of energy - well worth a watch, the documentary was probably not what most people expected.
This should be required viewing in schools. What an eye-opener.
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 9:15 am It's just Sept now with the latest Greta Thunberg Q & A for issue #1.
Are you two related? You seem to be obsessed. Just curious.

Have you watched the Planet of the Humans documentary? If so, what are your thoughts on the climate crisis now that you've watched this documentary?
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 3:53 pm But you may be more interested in this series by Cory Morningstar--another one of my 'obsessions.'
I was facinated.

"THE MANUFACTURING OF GRETA THUNBERG – FOR CONSENT: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF THE NON-PROFIT INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX [ACT I]"

https://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/0 ... l-complex/
"[*Note: This series contains information and quotes that have been translated from Swedish to English via Google Translate.]"
Great, because google translate works so well? lol! What did it say when I used it last, 'packed our cars' and 'reproductive issues'?

Why isn't this in video form? I'm such a slow reader!
*glances around* "Can someone please read this to me while I drink wine and eat bon-bons? I can't pay you but I'll give you one sapling per hour for your troubles."

I don't get it, Sept. Do you think Greta is a spokesperson sacrificial lamb for the elite, or not? Trick question! We know she is. So why promote her?

No matter what type of spin is put on this issue, it's clear that over-population is the root cause of many of our planet's ills. The problem of overpopulation can be solved quite rapidly. As I've already posted somewhere on this board, the earth is trying to kill us ... pandemics, wildfires, drought, etc. Even mother nature knows we need to die off. Why don't all humans know this? *eyes narrow* ...Unless the fires are actually being started by Al Gore and the Koch brothers so that they can sell more 'green energy products'? I'd better give up the wine and bon-bons if I'm gonna hafta to dodge space lasers. *sigh*

Are you going to change your user name to 'Octogenarian' when you enter your next decade?

Stop having babies and plant more trees, people!
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm Hi Rej,
Well if you don't like reading about manufacturing, how about watching construction?
[youtube]removed[/youtube]
Cory Morningstar is genuine. Greta, however, is a very bad actress (exaggeratedly scrunched-up face and forced emotion while delivering her speech at UN Climate Summit). Greta has been groomed for the role she is now playing, if not born into it.

What Cory Morningstar said about blockchain and the Chinese is both chilling and plausible. She also mentions a Trojan Horse in that interview, which I find interesting.

Again, I wonder why you appear to be promoting Greta. Is this an all roads lead to Rome scenario in which the disillusioned suddenly realize that all roads lead to elitist world domination? Are you luring-in Greta sympathizers only to educate them about how gaslighting works? Is Greta a spokesperson sacrificial lamb for the elite, as was suggested in one of those earlier links you provided?

Did you really meet Greta while charging your vehicles and, if so, was it planned-out in advance?

Do you get paid to post stuff on the internet? It's as if you're here but you're not here. Anyhow, good job. Carry on...
~
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

btw how is grumpy teenager doing... greta
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

Greta Thunberg probably doesen't need my support,
But for the pile on crew posts, it might be of interest to know she is autistic.
Like Baron trump she exibits mannerisms that are sometimes unusual.
Facial expressions, and body movements as she expresses herself.
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Mrmarvingardens wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 8:32 pm Greta Thunberg probably doesen't need my support,
But for the pile on crew posts, it might be of interest to know she is autistic.
Like Baron trump she exibits mannerisms that are sometimes unusual.
Facial expressions, and body movements as she expresses herself.
I suspect that people who know who she is also know that she's on the spectrum.
She's programmed.
She's bought and paid for.
She sprung up out of nowhere and relatively quickly had a huge global following.
How much money was spent on promoting her, I wonder.

~
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:40 pm
Rejigger wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:41 am
I suspect that people who know who she is also know that she's on the spectrum. She's programmed. She's bought and paid for. She sprung up out of nowhere and relatively quickly had a huge global following. How much money was spent on promoting her, I wonder.
Just to note that I covered all of Rejigger's criticisms not so long ago for Rejigger in my posts about, "The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg,"

https://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/0 ... l-complex/

As well as in the video on the author Cory Morningstar,

"Greta Thunberg seemed like she came out of the blue."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzCgKEjgCng
I had watched that Cory Morningstar video when you fist posted it. Although I don't have time to view it again right now, I recall coming away from it absolutely convinced that Greta is bought and paid for.
~
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 21st, 2021, 6:37 am Greta Thunberg ‘Will Be Back On The Streets’ For Global Climate Strike

NBC News

Climate activist Greta Thunberg announced she will be “back on the streets” for the Global Climate Strike, a series of protests around the world to demand urgent action to tackle the climate crisis.
I hope Beijing will be her first stop. Get those commies to stop building and using coal fired electrical generation plants.

Hope it goes well for her. [icon_lol2.gif]
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Social Concerns”