Warning for most c Pap users!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Warning for most c Pap users!

Post by binky11 »

If I wasn’t so tired I would find and post the link I was at earlier that told of all the side effect potential. I received my letter in the mail yesterday. I have had my machine for seven years. I would think the damage is done by now. There are several law suits and although I am not a “sue” type person, this is a huge deal. Millions of people own these machines. Philips I hope reaps what they have sown. The side effects range from headaches, fatigue, asthma, liver and or kidney failure, CANCER or death. Yes DEATH.
If you Google this you can get much more info than this site provides. In cases like this I believe in law suits. Philips is the biggest maker of C Pap machines. Even though their new ones now are deemed safe, I would never purchase anything from them again.
Any other c Pap users get this notice in the mail?

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/5/22609 ... -bipap[url][/url]
Last edited by binky11 on Aug 18th, 2021, 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Warning for most c Pap users!

Post by binky11 »

Link above is now working.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Canada: Ongoing investigation
https://www.thomsonrogers.com/philips-c ... ss-action/

Government of Canada: Philips recall letter
https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Yes I have read them all. This should be on the news. This is what I just read……

The FDA gave the recall a Class I designation, the most serious type. The classification means there’s a reasonable probability that use of a recalled product “will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.”

This is huge.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Binky, there's no class action lawsuit in Canada yet. A number of law firms are joining forces and when the investigation process has been completed they will petition the courts to have a class action lawsuit certified.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Have you experienced any potential symptoms yourself or have you talked to a doctor to see if there is a way to test that you have or have not been affected? Just to be on the safe side?
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:30 am Binky, there's no class action lawsuit in Canada yet. A number of law firms are joining forces and when the investigation process has been completed they will petition the courts to have a class action lawsuit certified.
https://sotosclassactions.com/cases/cur ... /cpap/[url][/url]
Last edited by binky11 on Aug 18th, 2021, 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Binky, you can Google "Canada/cpap class action" for a list of law firms that are joining forces and fill in the information sheet on any one of their sites to be registered if you meet the criteria to be listed as one of the many users.

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Your link is broken - this is the message you get
SORRY, WE COULDN’T FIND THAT PAGE
The page you are searching for does not exist.
Either it has moved, or the link is broken.

ERROR CODE: 404

Getting the correct link https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/u ... 33396.html

you'll see that they have started the action of getting the lawsuit classifed as a "class action" and be certified by the courts.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 18th, 2021, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:35 am
oneh2obabe wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:30 am Binky, there's no class action lawsuit in Canada yet. A number of law firms are joining forces and when the investigation process has been completed they will petition the courts to have a class action lawsuit certified.

I am having a hard time tonight trying to post links. Yea there is indeed a class action suit neing files in Canada. Just type in……… Users Of Philips CPAP Machines Start Canadian Class Action. It will come up.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:36 am Binky, you can Google "Canada/cpap class action" for a list of law firms that are joining forces and fill in the information sheet on any one of their sites to be registered if you meet the criteria to be listed as one of the many users.
Yes I have done this. I was just putting out a warning to the other millions of people using them. I have all the info I need and am signed up.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:41 am I am having a hard time tonight trying to post links. Yea there is indeed a class action suit neing files in Canada. Just type in……… Users Of Philips CPAP Machines Start Canadian Class Action. It will come up.
Starting a class action suit and having it certified by the courts are two different things. Until the courts certify it, it's still in limbo.

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:30 am Have you experienced any potential symptoms yourself or have you talked to a doctor to see if there is a way to test that you have or have not been affected? Just to be on the safe side?
Oh the cancer or death could be forth coming possibly. My doctor wouldn’t give a hoot. How am I to know if my kidneys are going to go, or liver problems or cancer coming my way. That’s not the point.
And as I said, I am just putting this out there to warn others. That’s it. I know all about it and got myself signed signed up for the Canada law suit. I don’t care about suing though really, but I sure don’t want them to get away with this. This has affected millions of people.
Last edited by binky11 on Aug 18th, 2021, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:46 am
binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:41 am I am having a hard time tonight trying to post links. Yea there is indeed a class action suit neing files in Canada. Just type in……… Users Of Philips CPAP Machines Start Canadian Class Action. It will come up.
Starting a class action suit and having it certified by the courts are two different things. Until the courts certify it, it's still in limbo.
AGAIN…….I was just trying to inform others. I don’t need to know all the rules of class action law suits. I don’t really even care about suing. All the money in the world can’t fix whatever damage may have already been done.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:46 am
Oh the cancer or death could be forth coming possibly. My doctor wouldn’t give a hoot. How am I to know if my kidneys are going to go, or liver problems or cancer coming my way. That’s not the point.
And as I said, I am just putting this out there to warn others. That’s it. I know all about it and got myself signed signed up for the Canada law suit. I don’t care about suing though really, but I sure don’t want them to get away with this. This has affected millions of people.
Any potential health issues would be worth getting checked out if possible. Its awesome that you want to inform others, that is greatly appreciated, but you have to think about your health as well.

Return to “Health”