Warning for most c Pap users!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Warning for most c Pap users!

Post by binky11 »

oneh2obabe wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:46 am
binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:41 am I am having a hard time tonight trying to post links. Yea there is indeed a class action suit neing files in Canada. Just type in……… Users Of Philips CPAP Machines Start Canadian Class Action. It will come up.
Starting a class action suit and having it certified by the courts are two different things. Until the courts certify it, it's still in limbo.
This post is titled appropriately. A warning to others, that’s it. I don’t need arguments about the details of class action suits. I wanted to warn people, not to start bickering about the ins and outs about law suits.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:56 am
binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:46 am
Oh the cancer or death could be forth coming possibly. My doctor wouldn’t give a hoot. How am I to know if my kidneys are going to go, or liver problems or cancer coming my way. That’s not the point.
And as I said, I am just putting this out there to warn others. That’s it. I know all about it and got myself signed signed up for the Canada law suit. I don’t care about suing though really, but I sure don’t want them to get away with this. This has affected millions of people.
Any potential health issues would be worth getting checked out if possible. Its awesome that you want to inform others, that is greatly appreciated, but you have to think about your health as well.
Been using it for seven years. Damage is done. This isn’t about a lettuce recall. This has probably killed many people already , with more to come. People need to be made aware. I didn’t know about it until I got the notice I’m the mail yesterday.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Just trying to help :138:
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

:up: :130:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:46 amHow am I to know if my kidneys are going to go, or liver problems or cancer coming my way.
There are blood tests that can be taken to see how you Kidneys and Liver are performing as well as indications of Cancer.
It wouldn't hurt to talk to your Doctor and get tested as there are medications and diet that can help.
I have Kidney issues related to Type 2 Diabetes and am tested regularly.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

You're supposed to replace your CPap machine every 5 years.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I am on disability, they need to know this. They only cover for one every seven years. It doesn’t really matter. I am trying to find out how far back this recall goes to. I think it is YEARS! Like 20 or more. They knew of this issue and ignored it. Anybody using a philips c Pap machine in the last ——- years could be in for a huge settlement.

This is what I found…..

The FDA gave the recall a Class I designation, the most serious type. The classification means there’s a reasonable probability that use of a recalled product “will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.”

This is huge. And it’s not even on the news? Typical. It’s all about $$$$$, as is everything.
Myself and millions of others have already been using this deadly machine for years. Maybe 20 years or more. I am sure my last c Pap machine prior to seven years ago was included in the toxic machine recall list. The damage is done.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php

I haven't read the complete page yet but some good information here.

The recall was only announced a couple of months ago.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I was just notified via a letter in snail mail two days ago. They apparently knew about this problem a LONG time ago and did nothing, hence the huge lawsuits coming out. I am trying to find the time to find out how to get myself on this list. These things take years to settle I know, but again, it’s this following paragraph I found that is very concerning for me.

The FDA gave the recall a Class I designation, the most serious type. The classification means there’s a reasonable probability that use of a recalled product “will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.”

BUT, it’s too late now. People have been using these toxic machines for years. For me, probably 21 years. Nothing can fix that.
Will I take the probable very large settlement I could have coming to me, of course. The above statement from the FDA doesn’t say “ could” cause harm or death, it says WILL. Nice.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 5:23 pm I was just notified via a letter in snail mail two days ago. They apparently knew about this problem a LONG time ago and did nothing, hence the huge lawsuits coming out. I am trying to find the time to find out how to get myself on this list. These things take years to settle I know, but again, it’s this following paragraph I found that is very concerning for me.

BUT, it’s too late now. People have been using these toxic machines for years. For me, probably 21 years. Nothing can fix that.
Will I take the probable very large settlement I could have coming to me, of course. The above statement from the FDA doesn’t say “ could” cause harm or death, it says WILL. Nice.
A "reasonable probability" does not mean it "WILL".
First, you don't even know if you have had any harm, because you haven't done the tests. There's a "reasonable probability" that no harm done in your case. If you don't prove the harm, you can't say there was harm.
If there was no harm, in your case, you count yourself lucky, and stop using cpap. Think about it, a machine blasting air down your lungs every single night for 20 years. What could go wrong eh? it would be a miracle if there was no harm done, even if it functioned as advertised. It's not that difficult to kill yourself with one. What happens if in your sleepy state, you hit the button to turn machine off, but leave the mask on? Not that difficult to do.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 6:22 am Think about it, a machine blasting air down your lungs every single night for 20 years. What could go wrong eh? it would be a miracle if there was no harm done, even if it functioned as advertised. It's not that difficult to kill yourself with one. What happens if in your sleepy state, you hit the button to turn machine off, but leave the mask on? Not that difficult to do.
Almost as if the experts suggesting this treatment were wrong and individuals should have made the choice if the machine was right for them.

I mean, what idiot listens to experts when they suggest to force air into your lungs to help you breathe and in the short term you are more rested and your wife notices you don't snore. Oh there were long term complications?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Sparki55 wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 8:41 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 6:22 am Think about it, a machine blasting air down your lungs every single night for 20 years. What could go wrong eh? it would be a miracle if there was no harm done, even if it functioned as advertised. It's not that difficult to kill yourself with one. What happens if in your sleepy state, you hit the button to turn machine off, but leave the mask on? Not that difficult to do.
Almost as if the experts suggesting this treatment were wrong and individuals should have made the choice if the machine was right for them.

I mean, what idiot listens to experts when they suggest to force air into your lungs to help you breathe and in the short term you are more rested and your wife notices you don't snore. Oh there were long term complications?
There are a number of side effects that people may not be aware of, and it seems they downplay that problem of machine goes off (either due to power failure or person turns it off inadvertently). They seem to claim that the person will just wake up, but users claim that doesn't always happen.
As far as this recall, I guess the experts didn't realize their foam was degrading and particles being inhales (oops).
The lawsuits over this little oversight(at least in the u.s.) will carry on for years.
https://www.terrycralle.com/cpap-side-e ... %20More%20
A lot of people use cpaps, I almost signed up for one, but then there was that instance where a friend just about suffocated when they turned machine off in their sleep. a risk I'm not willing to take, great for someone else if they are.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 5:08 pm https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php

I haven't read the complete page yet but some good information here.

The recall was only announced a couple of months ago.
The recall was only announced a couple of months ago but they knew about this for years, and did not disclose it. They are in big trouble. But more so are the users.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 6:22 am
binky11 wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 5:23 pm I was just notified via a letter in snail mail two days ago. They apparently knew about this problem a LONG time ago and did nothing, hence the huge lawsuits coming out. I am trying to find the time to find out how to get myself on this list. These things take years to settle I know, but again, it’s this following paragraph I found that is very concerning for me.

A "reasonable probability" does not mean it "WILL".
First, you don't even know if you have had any harm, because you haven't done the tests. There's a "reasonable probability" that no harm done in your case. If you don't prove the harm, you can't say there was harm.
If there was no harm, in your case, you count yourself lucky, and stop using cpap. Think about it, a machine blasting air down your lungs every single night for 20 years. What could go wrong eh? it would be a miracle if there was no harm done, even if it functioned as advertised. It's not that difficult to kill yourself with one. What happens if in your sleepy state, you hit the button to turn machine off, but leave the mask on? Not that difficult to do.
Maybe the harm is yet to come. It could cause cancer years down the road. Getting tested now and not having cancer now doesn’t mean it won’t happen next year or five years from now. And there still would be no solid proof the cancer was the result of this machine. There is a reasonable probability it WILL cause serious adverse health consequences.
Class 1 designation is the most serious and not very common. But the fact they knew about it and hid it for years, that’s inexcusable.
No problem for me if the power goes out and my machine turns off while I am sleeping. My mouth will automatically open to allow me to breath. It’s highly unlikely to do harm in the event the power goes out. My machine is 2-3 feet away, I can’t imagine I would ever turn it off in my sleep. I would practically have to get up to do this.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Which FDA comments are to be believed though? The FDA has given approval to the Pfizer covid vaccine......I hear some people don’t believe that is valid. I bet the cpap warning is just fake news.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Health”