Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
daria
Guru

Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters

Post by daria »

This is very important to know, if you happen to know anyone who is allowing their child to transition, either with hormone blockers or surgery:

https://youtu.be/zfYFCoewFvg

And:

https://youtu.be/TfV-Hg26Q-U

It is INSANE that children who aren't old enough to drive or vote can make this decision. By the way, transitioning does not prevent these kids from being suicidal. :-X It's child abuse.

If you want to do this as an adult, then go nuts (or remove those nuts), but don't do this to children.

https://youtu.be/fSKQfATa-1I

Jordan Peterson interviewing Abigail Shrier, who has written Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters.

I am on the wait list for Okanagan Regional Library to read this book. I originally wanted to flip through it at Chapters, but while you can order it online, it's not available in stores. Its title would probably trigger the special snowflakes out there.

By the way, this whole situation is interesting, because it shows just how certain narratives are excluded from the mainstream media, and if you think that this is the only place where such censorship of scientific and medical issues is happening, then you keep those blinders on.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters

Post by MAPearce »

Can't even watch that ..

It's child abuse ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

https://youtu.be/6MYb0rBDYvs

And

https://youtu.be/SUPHqTkL5Nw

Abigail Shrier on the Joe Rogan Experience discussing her book.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

What ever happened to "First do no harm"

These so called doctors and other health professionals are
all just criminals.

Patients do not self diagnose, that is what the doctors went to school for.
The ability to diagnose.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

http://www.phsa.ca/transcarebc/surgery/ ... assessment
You do not have be trans to be eligible for gender-affirming surgery. Gender-affirming surgery can be medically necessary for a range of people, including those who are genderqueer, gender variant, or gender non-conforming.

The criteria for all gender-affirming surgeries are:

Persistent gender dysphoria
Capacity to consent to the procedure (you understand the procedure and associated risks and have an aftercare plan)
Medical and mental health conditions are reasonably well-controlled
Being of the age of majority (in BC, the age of majority is 19). Note: Upper surgery is sometimes possible before the age of 19. In some cases, surgeons may recommend an additional readiness assessment for those under 19.
Below you will find outlines of the specific requirements for each type surgery.
While it seems that we haven't jumped the shark on surgical intervention in teenagers, I do know that the hormone blockers are being used.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I don't understand how there is no median in regards to freedom. Anti-vaxxers say my body - my rights. So how is this any different? True many of these people are underage. But if these kids can run a Mcdonald's or be a turnkey for any other business - then surely they have their heads on straight and can make their own decisions about their body? My daughter is 13 and she has collected some very interesting views. And if she made this particular surgical mistake and then regret it after.....first Id laugh at her - and then id say "I told you so". She will have to be the one that lives with her choice. Not me.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 9:02 pm I don't understand how there is no median in regards to freedom. Anti-vaxxers say my body - my rights. So how is this any different? True many of these people are underage. But if these kids can run a Mcdonald's or be a turnkey for any other business - then surely they have their heads on straight and can make their own decisions about their body? My daughter is 13 and she has collected some very interesting views. And if she made this particular surgical mistake and then regret it after.....first Id laugh at her - and then id say "I told you so". She will have to be the one that lives with her choice. Not me.
This is hugely different. Entering a security code and opening up a business doesn't have life altering consequences.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

daria wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 9:14 pmThis is hugely different. Entering a security code and opening up a business doesn't have life altering consequences.
Doesn't it though? People always rag on Millenials because they have come to a place where they don't care anymore and are hopeless. Why? Because they are undervalued and have no real choices these days. Every job pays crap - and they are burdened with lazy business owners putting it all on their shoulders. The failures of business owners or other middle-aged adults are usually painted on the kids these days. This has a huge effect on their psyche.

My son even feels the weight of the world some days - and wants to make a difference. But doesn't know how. Like the poison is something he has created or has to fix. The world is going to hell in a handbasket because boomers sold their kids and grandkids down the river. High tax debt, high house prices. Low-paying jobs, no prospects. These kids can't even go to university or college anymore because the educational institution has become a racket. Saddling kids with no jobs and high student loan debt.

This atmosphere and this culture are as much at fault - as those people who write books and propose zany identity stuff. The question is why do young people find faith or identify with these things? I think it's because millennials see on the news that people simply don't care about facts anymore. People and governments don't 'fix" society after mass shootings. Or fix anything when the people come back from far away wars. So if their parents or grandparents are protesting the millenial tik-tock version of the truth - what right do these adults have to say their own truths are false? They have been programmed to question any outside truths and simply live by their own invented ones.

And this isn't new. Boomers were counterculture as well. Hippies, long hair, Woodstock, peace, make love - not war. Following cults and drinking the Kool-Aid in Jonestown. Just to break free of the rigid constraints of their parents and power culture. So is the world scarier? Is it more dangerous? Or have the people around the globe just not chosen to fix the rot? Personally, when I see things like what's going around - I put that failure on great grandparents, grandparents and parents. We should be leaving a better place behind. But we aren't. It's just more garbage on the top of an already huge heap.
ekir8
Board Meister

Post by ekir8 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 9:02 pm My daughter is 13 and she has collected some very interesting views. And if she made this particular surgical mistake and then regret it after.....first Id laugh at her
Transgendered people have a nearly 10-fold increase in suicide attempts compared to the rest of the population lol

https://bioethics.georgetown.edu/2017/0 ... d-suicide/
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

A difficult topic for sure.

I can't say what the right age is. What I can say is that by the time I was 14yo, I knew I was straight. No doubt about that. Seems the same can be said about my peers. We did have one friend who told us at 18 that he was gay... but when asked about it he said he'd known he was gay since he 1st considered the topic. Felt bad for him that he decided to hide it until after highschool, but don't blame him a bit for doing so. Highschool kids are no accepting of people who are different. Especially 30 years ago.

So I guess the statement is: I think by 14yo (or at least by 16yo) sexual/gender identity is firmly solidified and not likely to change. But I'd like to see an expert's opinion on that. How likely is someone to come to a later conclusion that "Oh, actually I was wrong about that and I now identify with the gender I was born with?"
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

No thanks. I have better things to do than listen to Jordan Peterson. A guy who thinks he has all the answers - and yet tweaks out on prescription drugs and goes squirrely holed up in a dark room. Funny how he had all the answers with everyone else besides himself. It was intoxicating to see his plummet from grace.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 9:02 pm My daughter is 13 and she has collected some very interesting views. And if she made this particular surgical mistake and then regret it after.....first Id laugh at her - and then id say "I told you so". She will have to be the one that lives with her choice. Not me.
Dude, seriously?
nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 9:46 am No thanks. I have better things to do than listen to Jordan Peterson. A guy who thinks he has all the answers - and yet tweaks out on prescription drugs and goes squirrely holed up in a dark room. Funny how he had all the answers with everyone else besides himself. It was intoxicating to see his plummet from grace.
Just goes to show you that Peterson is a person, just like everyone of us and is fighting his demons, just like everyone of us. Makes his points much more real.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 11:37 amJust goes to show you that Peterson is a person, just like everyone of us and is fighting his demons, just like everyone of us. Makes his points much more real.
Only if you were a subscription carrier of his. The absence was a breath of fresh air for the rest of us.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I find it incredibly wrong for a doctor/surgeon to be performing this procedure on a child, period... no ifs buts or maybes about it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

GordonH wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 8:07 pm I find it incredibly wrong for a doctor/surgeon to be performing this procedure on a child, period... no ifs buts or maybes about it.
Yet bill C-6 would make it a crime to not provide gender-affirming care.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Social Concerns”