"Payment processors and adult content"

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: "Payment processors and adult content"

Post by Even Steven »

If there's no sex content left on Only Fans...what will be left, exactly?

It's like Instagram banning pictures and videos.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm Well, according to the RollingStone (article I posted) they tried to reach out . . ..

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ge-991989/

And how about that Megan Three Stallion?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrdji ... dEZ_cOD_TA
I prefer to have my eyes burned out with a red hot poker than watch one second of Megan the Mule.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

no surprise, Ashley Madison never been busier
Never been onlyfans.. I thought it was just adult content
I like Megan, so do the 24 million ppl who follow her Instagram
Last edited by normaM on Aug 21st, 2021, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

OF has over 50 million paying customers
* gets phones charging*
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 4:04 pm Yep, OF may have, "tons of users," but it seems advertising could be its white knight towards curbing sexploitation.
"In the statement announcing the ban, an OnlyFans spokesperson noted that the changes were made "to comply with the requests of our banking partners and payout providers."

Payment processors' reckoning with adult content is nothing new, but Stabile said it has accelerated recently, as recent anti-trafficking legislation in the U.S. has made payment processors more wary of prosecution.
"

"New safety rules from credit card companies designed to protect children are clearly having an effect on companies like OnlyFans, whose content is higher risk in terms of potential for abuse on minors," he said.

Stabile, though, said these kinds of actions only focus on high-profile sites, instead of the little-known ones where there is less regulation and review.

Jackson Weaver · CBC News · Posted: Aug 21, 2021
"

Please clarify your comment about 'advertising ... curbing sexploitation' as I'm not connecting the dots based on the linked CBC article.

Also, it looks like there may be a move away from high-profile sites, towards little-know sites. Whack-a-mole, anyone?
~
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

As more and more pressure is put on payment companies to not allow their product to be used by inappropriate sites, the use of crypto-currencies will fill the void.

Although the number of user of crypto users is not easy to determine it did exceed 100M accounts this year, with a 16% increase in January.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.

Return to “Social Concerns”