What Should We Do About World Population

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

What Should We Do About World Population

Nothing
26%
Nothing because I don’t believe it’s a problem
40%
Nothing and I have a suggestion below
No votes
Something but I don’t know what to do
11%
Something and I have a suggestion below
23%

Total votes: 47

Zoso
Übergod

Re: What Should We Do About World Population

Post by Zoso »

ckil wrote: Jul 3rd, 2021, 10:20 am Suggestion: Let Covid take its course.
Strong and free
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 25th, 2021, 6:35 pm https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/wf ... 021-06-23/
Not wars, not over population, but yes….climate change is the culprit
Over-population leads to deforestation which leads to higher CO2 levels in the atmosphere.
Over-population leads to increased consumerism which leads to increased manufacturing, increased fossil fuel consumption, increased pollution, increased CO2 emissions and so on.
Those who believe in man-made climate change would also believe that over-population is the root cause.
WESTman wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 4:07 pm Mass vaccinations that sterilize..
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLyisOfadU&t=55s[/youtube]
This is actually an entertaining and interesting 4-minute excerpt from the British TV show, Utopia. Worth a watch. Worth paying attention to what the man on the chair says.

Approximately 11 years ago, I worked with a seemingly healthy young woman who was taking fertility treatments (which were eventually successful, btw). She told us at work of how the waiting room in the fertility clinic was full of young women like herself - in their 20s, not in their late 30s/early 40s. She expressed surprise and wondered aloud as to what could be the cause of this infertility in women who should otherwise be at their most fertile. That's all. *shrug*
~
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 22nd, 2021, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 22nd, 2021, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ccp will probably develop something extremely nasty from Ebola that goes terrible wrong and wipe out the entire world population.

Nothing would surprise me about the ccp.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 25th, 2021, 6:35 pm https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/wf ... 021-06-23/

It was with tongue in cheek I made my post. The climate is always changing and no one is 100% sure if we are going to burn or freeze.

In my lifetime alone, world pop has climbed from approx 3 billion to 8-9 billion. Not much elbow room left. Wars over water and wood coming up.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dirtybiker wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 1:33 pm *removed*
hahahahaha ! could see that coming.

I could word it to not be as offensive but then it would
lose it's bite !

Sounds boring to state same sex couples don't have the tools to re-produce.
which I had more colourfully stated in the removed post.

No reproduction sure curbs the population, hence controls it.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

dirtybiker wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 8:37 pm Sounds boring to state same sex couples don't have the tools to re-produce.
which I had more colourfully stated in the removed post.

No reproduction sure curbs the population, hence controls it.
Huh! I never thought about it like that. I've been saying that the planet is out to kill us (pandemic, weather, drought...). And I've been wondering why there seems to be so many more non-heterosexuals now than ever before.

*Jurassic Park* "Life finds a way" ...but Mother Earth has a few tricks up her sleeve too!
~
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 5:23 pm

It was with tongue in cheek I made my post. The climate is always changing and no one is 100% sure if we are going to burn or freeze.

In my lifetime alone, world pop has climbed from approx 3 billion to 8-9 billion. Not much elbow room left. Wars over water and wood coming up.
Ah, yes. I got caught in the dreaded sarcasm-doesn't-always-come-across-in-print trap. =/

The reuters link doesn't lay blame for the drought, they only state that there is a drought, it's a crisis, and something needs to be done. Mother Nature is culling us.
~
two
Fledgling

Post by two »

Covid 19 and vaccinations lol just kidding.

I think educating and creating a culture of responsibility is a good start, in this we would show good reasons why we assume the world is over populated. Teaching logic critical thinking skills to young children is a good start for solving all sorts of issues like the need for censorship.

Suggest when couples have children to avoid having more then 2 children per couple, in the long run if people respected this suggestion the result would be the population going down.

cross fingers.
I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -- Voltaire
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

First thing, ... Stop mass migrations. Secondly, provide people in the third world countries with resources, such as education and cheap energy to lift them out of poverty. And the natality rates would drop.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

BC Landlord wrote: First thing, ... Stop mass migrations.
Secondly, provide people in the third world countries with resources, such as education and cheap energy to lift them out of poverty.
Mass migrations are typically inspired by war (not exclusively), and hypothetically will be inspired further by climate change (drought, etc.). The perpetuation of the status quo in global inequality will ensure there will be more wars, and the more extreme political parties believe climate change doesn’t even exist. As for your second point, humankind already has the knowledge and technological capacity to educate, feed and house every person on the planet. It is our failing system of production and distribution that has fed and fueled this inequality, and not looking for ways to change the system ensures that nothing else will change. Continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results is pure insanity.
ekir8
Board Meister

Post by ekir8 »

two wrote: Aug 24th, 2021, 9:34 pm Covid 19 and vaccinations lol
This but unironically.
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

Doesn't matter anymore because the worlds governments have decided what to do for us. Together we could have stood, now torn asunder we will fall. I no longer see any hope in a world that has to idolized it's captors. They created hate and division out of thin air and society picked their sides and started bashing each other over the head with the new narrative of the day. Sad because no matter what side you joined none of you are getting a ticket on the ark. It will set sail with the chosen few that started it all and all of your hopes and dreams will sail with it as you lie broken and forgotten on the shore. I wish I were wrong but every day another headline that points to the inevitable. Make peace with your enemies and cherish your loved ones because the time to make amends is short. Winter is coming......................
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Some mass migration is predicted - to the tune of millions as people try to survive climate change. Only some areas of the World are over populated, experts claim we could easily bring in 100 Million to Canada. Eventually SFD will disappear and we will stack box upon box highrises to house people.
Or - socks and Crocs :p
Canadian birthrate is declining
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Social Concerns”