Tim Krupa - LIBERAL

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Tim Krupa - LIBERAL

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 8:15 am I am pleased to see the defenders of the far right spinning in circles when a truly centrist and caring person like Tim Krupa is "not in there corner".
It's interesting to see people spinning in circles to convince us to ignore the simple truth: Krupa doesn't yet have the gravitas to be effective in Ottawa.

As Diane Francis put it in a recent column, the Trudeau Liberals are a government of amateurs who don't know how to govern, so they hire consultants. Krupa, as with the candidates being parachuted into some local ridings, checks the "image" boxes for the Liberal party. Image does not equate to substance. And while I've no doubt he is a caring person, many of his stated positions are naïve and too far left for anyone but an anti-Conservative to consider "truly centrist" - he seems to say what's required of him in order to represent the Trudeau Liberals. Which does not to me suggest that once elected, he will do what's required of him to represent Canadians.

We need serious MPs in Ottawa - people who CAN stand up to the intolerant bigotry of those who insist everyone must speak with one voice. We need people who won't bow their heads and pretend they're ok with voting for a bill that they honestly believe could limit parental rights to be directly involved with the care of their children, despite those who will dishonestly conflate this with voting "for" a practice they agree should be abolished. We need people who will take a stand against sex-selection abortions despite those who will dishonestly conflate this with opposing all abortions.

I do not see Krupa as having developed the backbone and intestinal fortitude to be willing to do the right thing when faced with a crowd of people who will lie about him solely to smear his name for partisan purposes, as they have been doing to undermine his political opponent.

IMO, Krupa is far more likely to avoid controversy by towing whatever line he's expected to tow - a follower committed to doing what his party expects and what's "currently popular" and least controversial, not a leader.

We do not need more people like Krupa in Ottawa - there are enough amateurs in parliament already.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 8:15 am
Tim Krupa will support and advance LGBTQ rights,
Why would anyone with even half a brain believe this malarkey, when Tiny Tim is representing a party that just killed a bill advancing LGBTQ rights purely to call an election out of naked self-interest?? The Liberals only care about one thing - the Liberals. Tim is a nice young man, but he's representing a truly evil party, that obviously could care less about advancing LGBTQ rights. If they cared, they would have waited for the bill to pass, and then chased after their selfish interests. The Liberals are awful, and Tim really should have sat down and thought incredibly hard about his choice to hop in bed with such scum, as it really will have potential negative consequences for his career.

I really hope that Prime Minister O'Toole looks past this transgression and gives Tim a chance to be a part of his government, as I can see Tim really adding value to a government that truly cares about people, and not just themselves.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

I bet Tiny Tim has found out the hard way what people think of the jackass leading (if you can call it that) his party.

Can you imagine what a youngster who has led a sheltered school boy's life must feel like when he gets blasted on a doorstep about Trudeau's corruption and lies?

Liberal MP's are trying to distance themselves from Justin, but voters know they're all yes men/women to Trudeau's idiocy.

Consent is complicity. Voters know that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 8:48 am
I do not see Krupa as having developed the backbone and intestinal fortitude to be willing to do the right thing when faced with a crowd of people who will lie about him solely to smear his name for partisan purposes, as they have been doing to undermine his political opponent.
Yes, it would go a long way in advancing my opinion of young Tim if he were to call out all of those supposed "Liberal" supporters who have been lying so much about his opponent, the incumbent. If he truly believed in doing the right thing, he would say something like the following:

"I have been reading some of the falsehoods that have been stated about my opponent, the incumbent, and I would like to unequivocally say that these statements are disgusting and untrue. The incumbent is a hard-working intelligent individual who doesn't deserve this kind of political smearing and all of the lies being perpetrated about her. She has my outmost respect, and rest assured, if I find that ANY of my supporters are behind publicly stating these evil falsehoods, they will be expelled from my riding association as quickly as possible".

:up:

Do it Tim. Do the right thing.
IMO, Krupa is far more likely to avoid controversy by towing whatever line he's expected to tow - a follower committed to doing what his party expects and what's "currently popular" and least controversial, not a leader.
But Rustled, that's what Justin and the PMO want, followers. No one is allowed to have their own opinions, or vote the way they want to. It must always be do as your told with the horrible Liberals. Sheep only need apply.
We do not need more people like Krupa in Ottawa - there are enough amateurs in parliament already.
BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 8:56 am
Can you imagine what a youngster who has led a sheltered school boy's life must feel like when he gets blasted on a doorstep about Trudeau's corruption and lies?
And that's just it, every day there's been a "fresh hell" awaiting Tim before he even heads out on the campaign trail. It's just disaster after disaster. What a thankless job, having to shill for a party that seems to be committing suicide on a daily basis. It's got to be pretty terrifying to have to talk to people about such a terrible party, given the reactions poor Tim must be getting, all bad and all negative.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

rustled wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 8:48 am
hobbyguy wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 8:15 am I am pleased to see the defenders of the far right spinning in circles when a truly centrist and caring person like Tim Krupa is "not in there corner".
It's interesting to see people spinning in circles to convince us to ignore the simple truth: Krupa doesn't yet have the gravitas to be effective in Ottawa.

As Diane Francis put it in a recent column, the Trudeau Liberals are a government of amateurs who don't know how to govern, so they hire consultants. Krupa, as with the candidates being parachuted into some local ridings, checks the "image" boxes for the Liberal party. Image does not equate to substance. And while I've no doubt he is a caring person, many of his stated positions are naïve and too far left for anyone but an anti-Conservative to consider "truly centrist" - he seems to say what's required of him in order to represent the Trudeau Liberals. Which does not to me suggest that once elected, he will do what's required of him to represent Canadians.

We need serious MPs in Ottawa - people who CAN stand up to the intolerant bigotry of those who insist everyone must speak with one voice. We need people who won't bow their heads and pretend they're ok with voting for a bill that they honestly believe could limit parental rights to be directly involved with the care of their children, despite those who will dishonestly conflate this with voting "for" a practice they agree should be abolished. We need people who will take a stand against sex-selection abortions despite those who will dishonestly conflate this with opposing all abortions.

:up: :up:

I am thankful we do not yet have 'image boxes' for military generals, brain surgeons, scientists, and engineers. Nor is anyone pressured to give such beginners a chance. This is a phenomena that centers mostly around politics where attractive politicians are more likely to be selected with a more likely chance of winning. Thankfully good looks are still only a small part of elections.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I would remind those who would denigrate a well educated young man of a few things:

- you have to be exceptional to be accepted into Oxford.
- quality education and educational experience (such as research work at Harvard Business school) provides compressed experience
- it takes dedication, sacrifices and perseverance to obtain such a quality education

Yup, for many, such as myself, such things were not to be. That Tim has the talents, perseverance etc. to do so is to be admired, not envied.

The compressed experiences of Oxford education, with its exposure to the best and brightest from around the world, is worth how much in comparison to other experiences? The compressed experience of working with the best and brightest experts at Harvard business school is worth how much in comparison to other experiences? Or working with a large American investment firm? Or working to advance all of Canadians interests at CPP investments?

Experiences are not all the same. When it comes to being able to accept and understand a wide range of views, there is nothing better than the opportunities afforded by interacting and exchanging ideas with folks from all over the world. Tim has that experience.

Yup, there are experiences that a young person can not, by definition have - like the joys of raising "raging hormone" teenagers :biggrin:

What matters for those "missing" experience items is the ability to listen and translate concerns into actionable things. Analyze the wide range of views and suggestions, see if there is or is not something government can or should do, and express that in ways that can help us all. That's where the exposure to a wide range of worldviews and quality education come to the fore. When "we" as older folks look to our MP to listen, understand what we are expressing, and turn that into appropriate government action, Tim Krupa has the right background, the right experience.

So yes, Tim Krupa is a bright and optimistic young man, but more importantly Tim Krupa has exactly the right kind of experience and outlook to be able to serve ALL of us as an MP.

Optimism, the energy of youth, the right education and experiences, the ability to listen, locally raised - the perfect mix for an MP Tim Krupa to serve us all.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 9:48 am I would remind those who would denigrate a well educated young man of a few things:

- quality education and educational experience (such as research work at Harvard Business school) provides compressed experience
- it takes dedication, sacrifices and perseverance to obtain such a quality education

Yup, for many, such as myself, such things were not to be. That Tim has the talents, perseverance etc. to do so is to be admired, not envied.

The compressed experiences of Oxford education, with its exposure to the best and brightest from around the world, is worth how much in comparison to other experiences? The compressed experience of working with the best and brightest experts at Harvard business school is worth how much in comparison to other experiences? Or working with a large American investment firm? Or working to advance all of Canadians interests at CPP investments?

Experiences are not all the same. When it comes to being able to accept and understand a wide range of views, there is nothing better than the opportunities afforded by interacting and exchanging ideas with folks from all over the world. Tim has that experience.

Yup, there are experiences that a young person can not, by definition have - like the joys of raising "raging hormone" teenagers :biggrin:

What matters for those "missing" experience items is the ability to listen and translate concerns into actionable things. Analyze the wide range of views and suggestions, see if there is or is not something government can or should do, and express that in ways that can help us all. That's where the exposure to a wide range of worldviews and quality education come to the fore. When "we" as older folks look to our MP to listen, understand what we are expressing, and turn that into appropriate government action, Tim Krupa has the right background, the right experience.

So yes, Tim Krupa is a bright and optimistic young man, but more importantly Tim Krupa has exactly the right kind of experience and outlook to be able to serve ALL of us as an MP.

Optimism, the energy of youth, the right education and experiences, the ability to listen, locally raised - the perfect mix for an MP Tim Krupa to serve us all.
Well said.
Given a choice between a fruit juice seller and an educated young man, I would choose education every time.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 9:48 am I would remind those who would denigrate a well educated young man of a few things:

Admiring Tim Krupa's achievements does not require blinding ourselves to his lack of political experience, or to his willingness to tow the line of a party that has proven itself to be highly dictatorial. What good is a fine mind capable of critical analysis when speaking up will only earn Krupa the censure of partisans, in the same way you've chosen to censure Gray, or the censure of his party leader, as Trudeau chose to censure Jane Philpott?

No, hobbyguy, this isn't envy, nor is it the partisan denigration you've used to smear those you don't want to see elected. This is realism. While Krupa may make indeed a fine parliamentarian at some point, it's unlikely he will find a way to shine as a member of the Trudeau Liberals - and more likely IMO he will tarnish himself through his association with them.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I don't see anyone really denigrating Tiny Tim here, more denigrating his terrible decision to associate himself with evil scum. That's really all there is to it.
Then why take all of that hard work, and just throw it away by hopping in bed with evil Liberal scum? It makes no sense.
Yup, for many, such as myself, such things were not to be.
No surprise there.
That Tim has the talents, perseverance etc. to do so is to be admired, not envied.
I do admire Tim for sure, but I have to question his judgement here. It makes no sense that he would waste three years of his life with a vacuous imbecile like Justin Trudeau, and it makes no sense that he would throw away all of the hard work he has done up to this date and represent such a vile and awful party. I am hopeful that Prime Minister O'Toole can offer Tim a position in his new government on September 21st, as I could see that as one of the only ways to rebuilding a tattered and beaten up reputation.

And like I said, I hope that Prime Minister O'Toole can find a place for him in the new Conservative government that he will be forming. I am sure Tim will be a valuable Conservative asset after he gets pummeled at the polls on Sept 20th. Go Tim!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

EVERYONE has a lack of political experience until elected to office. That's kind of how it works. In my mind, government should be formed for the people, by the people. Career politicians shouldn't be a thing. I want my elected representatives to be a microcosm of our society formed of people from all different walks of life working together to govern from a variety of life experiences and skill sets.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 27th, 2021, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong thread for this post.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

PoplarSoul wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 10:15 am
Well said.
Given a choice between a fruit juice seller and an educated young man, I would choose education every time.
I don't know what's wrong with fruit juice, but if I have a choice between two really good people as Kelowna is lucky enough to have with the current incumbent and with Tiny Tim, and one of those people (Tim) is representing an awful party with a disgusting and evil man as their leader (the Liberals) who called an election at a time when COVID is going into a 4th wave and Canadians are potentially being slaughtered in Afghanistan, purely because they thought (stupidly it turns out) that they could potentially win more seats, yes you heard that right, purely out of a selfish motive. So freaking dumb eh??

So while young Timmy seems to be a great kid with a bright future, he made a really really dumb choice here, to join forces with such an awful party that doesn't deserve anyone's vote. I sincerely hope that the Conservatives offer him a position in the new government they will be forming on September 21st, as I am sure he will be a valuable asset.

So to sum up - no one seems to be "denigrating" Tiny Tim, just his choices, which in this case, appear to be extremely poor.
Pappywinkle
Buddha of the Board

Post by Pappywinkle »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 27th, 2021, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong thread for this post.
It's that special time of year when conservatives stupidly act like they're not allowed to say Merry Christmas.

George Orwell was a socialist.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

rustled wrote: Aug 27th, 2021, 10:38 am

Admiring Tim Krupa's achievements does not require blinding ourselves to his lack of political experience, or to his willingness to tow the line of a party that has proven itself to be highly dictatorial. What good is a fine mind capable of critical analysis when speaking up will only earn Krupa the censure of partisans, in the same way you've chosen to censure Gray, or the censure of his party leader, as Trudeau chose to censure Jane Philpott?

No, hobbyguy, this isn't envy, nor is it the partisan denigration you've used to smear those you don't want to see elected. This is realism. While Krupa may make indeed a fine parliamentarian at some point, it's unlikely he will find a way to shine as a member of the Trudeau Liberals - and more likely IMO he will tarnish himself through his association with them.
Lack of political experience? You obviously have not read Tim Krupa's CV.

Tim has helped out at the highest levels of our Canadian government. That understanding/experience and the contacts made will help Tim Krupa to get things done for Kelowna/Lake Country.

And as far as "smear", how is pointing out the awful and disgraceful voting record of the incumbent "smear"? I am simply stating facts that anyone can look up at opencommons.ca. There is a huge difference between smear and pointing out a factual voting record and high expense account (the highest travel expenses of Okanagan regional MPs by far) of the current disgraced incumbent. There is "smear" and "innuendo" and then there are documented facts that are available to all.

The reality is that we here in Kelowna/Lake Country are in the process of hiring an MP to serve ALL of us. I have hired many, many people as long time (but retired) business manager, and Tim Krupa's CV tells me that he is the best candidate to serve us ALL (regardless of LGBTQ, male, female, young, old, religious or not, business owner or employee, etc. etc.).

That's what we as voters are charged to do in our democracy, hire the best MP to serve us all right here in our Kelowna/Lake Country electoral district. Tim Krupa stands out as the best choice.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”