The real choice for Prime Minister

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The real choice for Prime Minister

Post by fluffy »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 9:20 amWe do not get to vote for who is prime minister, we vote for who is the best person to represent us in our local electoral district.
I suspect that many will ignore the qualities of their local candidate and vote for Prime Minister through them. This is how many ridings end up with poor representation.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

I for one have always voted for the best local candidate first and considered party affiliation second. I am not impressed with either Mr. O'Toole or Mr. Trudeau. In fact, I believe that both of these leaders would say anything at anytime if they thought it would convince you to vote for them. They represent parties that in the past have lied to the public, been unethical, and funnelled money to favoured groups. The most trusted leader seems to be Mr. Singh. The NDP candidate in my riding also has a long history of community support, in sharp contrast to the CPC incumbent. I have traditional progressive conservative values and therein is my quandary...vote for an incompetent boob who only wants the pension, vote for competent candidate whose party offers more of the same, or vote for a competent candidate whose party is untested in power but offers a set of alternatives.

Yes, GB, I would be voting for Dan Albas if I was in his riding, but I am not.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

fluffy wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 7:17 am I'm wondering, didn't Mr. Singh mention the idea of an NDP/Liberal coalition to keep the CPC from gaining power during the last election ? Given the way the Libs are sliding in the polls there's a pretty good chance that could be on the table again.
Should there be a minority government, I suspect you will see the Bloc jump on board to support the Conservatives.
Trudeau has upset Quebec by meddling in their medical system.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

bb49 wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 8:11 pmShould there be a minority government, I suspect you will see the Bloc jump on board to support the Conservatives.
That's a possibility, but the Bloc sits left of centre and might be hesitant of jumping on a right wing bandwagon, and the CPC and the Bloc together might still have trouble achieving a majority. Current forecasts would put them a few seats short.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

bb49 wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 8:11 pm Should there be a minority government, I suspect you will see the Bloc jump on board to support the Conservatives.
Not too sure about that.
Mr. Blanchet has said that Mr. O’Toole's positions on climate change, health transfers and child care issues are not compatible with the interests of Quebec.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Mr. O'Toole and the CPC can't be happy with the heckling situation in Ontario the last few days. I'm sure he'd just as soon keep that dark side of the right tucked away for now.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

fluffy wrote: Aug 30th, 2021, 7:21 am Mr. O'Toole and the CPC can't be happy with the heckling situation in Ontario the last few days. I'm sure he'd just as soon keep that dark side of the right tucked away for now.
Those are Liberals doing the heckling.

They recognize that the Great Reset means being in opposition for a decade while they sanitize the party after Trudeau's stench infected it.

They've got a big job ahead of them cleaning that mess up.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 9:20 am Ask yourself how much better our Canadian government would be if folks the like Jody Wilson Raybould and Michael Chong were the majority of MPs chosen. Independent thinkers with great intellectual agility and empathy for all of their constituents that seek to unite and better their communities. Both were and are prepared to risk their political careers to seek something better for Canada and their constituents with a minimal number of blind spots.
I can't seriously be the only one that sees the incredible amount of irony in this post from one of the most prolific Trudeau supporters on Castanet!

Could not agree more with this sentiment HG. :130:

Such a shame things didn't really work out for Ms Wilson Raybould but sadly that's what happens when you stand up to a staggeringly corrupt and evil narcissist like Sockboy. At least she can hold her head up high knowing she stood her ground and didn't cower to him.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 30th, 2021, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 30th, 2021, 7:52 amThose are Liberals doing the heckling.
"Conservative candidate Kyle Seeback said Saturday some of his campaign volunteers were at the Liberal event shut down by police last night amid a tenuous security situation."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conser ... -1.6156959

Keep in mind that while CPC candidates may openly denounce their far right supporters, there can be no denying that these people do exist, and in numbers large enough to be seriously disruptive when they so choose. Should a Conservative government take power these people will see that as a blank cheque to continue on the path they have chosen, a path that says aggressive behavior is a legitimate politcal tool. Is that the future we want for Canada ?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 4:14 pm
I suspect that many will ignore the qualities of their local candidate and vote for Prime Minister through them. This is how many ridings end up with poor representation.
and no riding better represents this theory than Penticton.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fluffy wrote: Aug 30th, 2021, 7:21 am Mr. O'Toole and the CPC can't be happy with the heckling situation in Ontario the last few days. I'm sure he'd just as soon keep that dark side of the right tucked away for now.
I can't see Singh or Bernier being very happy with the heckling either, given the PPC and NDP supporters are in there giving Trudeau a ton of "heck" as well.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jx3 wrote: Aug 30th, 2021, 8:01 am
I can't seriously be the only one that sees the incredible amount of irony in this post from one of the most prolific Trudeau supporters on Castanet!

Could not agree more with this sentiment HG. :130:

Such a shame things didn't really work out for Ms Wilson Raybould but sadly that's what happens when you stand up to a staggeringly corrupt and evil narcissist like Sockboy. At least she can hold her head up high knowing she stood her ground and didn't cower to him.
Yup, Justin is awful. Just the worst. Raybould is awesome! Way to stand up to evil and tyranny!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fluffy wrote: Aug 30th, 2021, 8:18 am Should a Conservative government take power these people will see that as a blank cheque to continue on the path they have chosen, a path that says aggressive behavior is a legitimate politcal tool. Is that the future we want for Canada ?
Here we go with this fear-mongering nonsense again. I'm more concerned about the far left and the blank cheque those idiots have enjoyed since COVID started, that have put Canada over $1 trillion in debt. One thing I know is - the far Left is NOT the future anyone with a brain wants for Canada. Vote the bum Trudeau out!
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Aug 29th, 2021, 10:01 am You don't get to just build a positive PM image on stupid empty photo-ops like kneeling in graveyards with teddy bears, with fake tears rolling down your cheeks. You have to show you actually care, with real actions. Calling an election of out of naked self interest when the entire country is reeling and hurting shows you don't give a darn, at all.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Canada”