Joe Biden Discussion

foenix
Guru
Posts: 7642
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by foenix »

rustled wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:12 am
normaM wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:00 am when I saw that in my News feed I was totally disappointed in Biden
so disrepectful
He won't last the full term
I think the people who put him in place were hoping he'd last to the 2022 elections, though.
I'm wondering why President Biden wouldn't last the term til 2024 and then to 2028.....certainly better than the alternative....as those were the "disaster" years.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 69814
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:26 am
I'm wondering why President Biden wouldn't last the term til 2024 and then to 2028.....certainly better than the alternative....as those were the "disaster" years.
While 2008 - 2016 were tough years of bad leadership in the US, what we're seeing now is much much worse.
Biden’s Presidency Is Already A Total Disaster, And It’s All His Own Fault
President Biden is not being swept along by the currents of history, he is turning every challenge he faces into crisis and disaster.

The first seven months of Joe Biden’s presidency have been fraught with crises. First it was the coronavirus pandemic and the vaccine rollout. Then it was the border crisis. Then it was the economy.

And now Afghanistan, where the Taliban are now reportedly hanging people by the neck from U.S.-supplied Blackhawk helicopters, and the U.S. withdrawal has left behind hundreds of Americans and perhaps thousands of Green Card holders in what now amounts to the largest hostage crisis in American history.


The administration is stumbling from one disaster to the next, with no end in sight and public opinion plummeting on nearly every major issue. In each case, the disaster has been entirely of the Biden administration’s own making. Events are not overtaking Biden, his own rank incompetence is.

(Just about the only disaster facing Biden right now that’s not a result of his administration’s policies is the hurricane slamming into the Gulf Coast. But there’s a decent chance he might well botch that, too.)

The events now unfolding in Afghanistan, where the Taliban control about $83 billion worth of U.S. military equipment, are by far the most dramatic and disturbing display of incompetency and horrible policy from the Biden administration, which recent polling reflects. But the Afghanistan disaster follows a train of incompetence that left the station on day one of this presidency.

SNIP
https://thefederalist.com/2021/08/31/bi ... own-fault/
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

#Trudeaumustgonow
Rjamer
Übergod
Posts: 1291
Joined: Oct 26th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by Rjamer »

USA TODAY
Fact check: Biden honored service members killed in Kabul, checked watch only after ceremony https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17505
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by rustled »

Rjamer wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 12:12 pm USA TODAY
Fact check: Biden honored service members killed in Kabul, checked watch only after ceremony https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html
"Only"?
In the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlLR6hiCxjM and elsewhere, Biden checked his watch at the first available opportunity, as those around him were just beginning to go from respectful attention to "at ease". It was disrespectful of him, IMO - it clearly gave the impression he was not present in the moment.
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
foenix
Guru
Posts: 7642
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by foenix »

rustled wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:31 pm
Rjamer wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 12:12 pm USA TODAY
Fact check: Biden honored service members killed in Kabul, checked watch only after ceremony https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html
"Only"?
In the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlLR6hiCxjM and elsewhere, Biden checked his watch at the first available opportunity, as those around him were just beginning to go from respectful attention to "at ease". It was disrespectful of him, IMO - it clearly gave the impression he was not present in the moment.
Good Gawd.....here's the entire 41 minute ceremony.....President Biden after all the doors of the motorcade with all the caskets are closed, he looks at his watch at 39 mins. 43 second mark. At that point everyone is at ease and is exactly when President Biden looks at his watch.......another NOTHING BURGER...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?514338-1/ ... fghanistan
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by nucksRnum1 »

foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:51 pmGood Gawd.....here's the entire 41 minute ceremony.....President Biden after all the doors of the motorcade with all the caskets are closed, he looks at his watch at 39 mins. 43 second mark. At that point everyone is at ease and is exactly when President Biden looks at his watch.......another NOTHING BURGER...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?514338-1/ ... fghanistan
Its an everything burger to conservatives.
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2779
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by PoplarSoul »

foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:01 am So someone checking out a watch is a sign of dementia now? [icon_lol2.gif] That's a desperate gasp at nothing.
People with dementia don't even know what a watch is for.
Like it or not President Biden will be around for quite some time yet.
Republicans and Trump's cult members better get used to it.
Go President Biden. Go!
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 69814
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

PoplarSoul wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 2:15 pm
Go President Biden. Go!
Yes. GO! Get lost! You truly are speaking for the American people right now, and I salute you for it!
Biden Job Approval Underwater in Most Swing States Amid Afghanistan Fallout

According to a new national poll conducted by Civiqs, President Joe Biden’s job approval rating is underwater in most swing states. The military withdrawal and chaotic civilian evacuation from Afghanistan overseen by Biden left the country in Taliban control and led to the deaths of 13 American soldiers and countless Afghans.

In six hotly contested battlegrounds during the 2020 election — namely Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Texas — Biden’s approval rating is underwater by ten or more percentage points.

In Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia and Wisconsin too, more Americans disappointed in, rather than satisfied with, Biden’s job performance, but by a single digit margin. Biden beat Trump in each of these states in 2020.

Biden’s net approval rating has dropped from a positive five percent when he assumed office in January to negative eight percent in August, Civiqs calculated.

The fiasco in Afghanistan, as well as the spread of the delta variant, are believed to have contributed to Biden’s plummeting numbers. While the poll suggests that the vast majority of Democrats still support Biden, an even greater proportion of Republicans still oppose him, and 58 percent of independents are now displeased with the president.

The latest numbers from Civiqs suggests that the American public, and unaffiliated voters especially, has registered the Afghanistan episode as a foreign policy failure, despite the Biden administration’s insistence that the haphazard nature of the pull-out was largely unavoidable and should be counted as a success.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/bid ... an-fiasco/
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

#Trudeaumustgonow
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 69814
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Time To Demand Accountability After Biden’s Failed Victory Lap

The first third of Joe Biden’s speech defending the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal was full of lies, blaming everyone but himself while also claiming it was a big beautiful evacuation, and done in completely bad faith.

“Mr. Biden described the evacuation as if it were a triumph, and that his Administration had planned for such a contingency in case the Afghan military collapsed. This is, literally, unbelievable. Multiple media reports have revealed that the White House was caught by surprise and preparing for vacation en masse when Kabul fell,” concluded the Wall Street Journal editorial board. “The President even had the ill grace to blame Americans for not leaving Afghanistan sooner, and Afghans for not fighting. But his own government clearly felt no urgency, as the U.S. Embassy had to frantically destroy documents in the final hours.”

The rest of the speech was not as bad — it seemed the writers were very eager to pivot to the popularity of the decision to leave itself, if not among the press or the leadership class, among the voters — which is not an unwise approach. Biden’s Republican critics would therefore be wise to focus on the former portion, not the latter. If a year from now most Americans are saying “hey, it was a mess, horrible, but he made the hard call and at least we got out”, then Biden’s spinners will have succeeded.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/01/ti ... ctory-lap/
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

#Trudeaumustgonow
barianqueen
Banned
Posts: 649
Joined: May 2nd, 2020, 3:45 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by barianqueen »

Rjamer wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 12:12 pm USA TODAY
Fact check: Biden honored service members killed in Kabul, checked watch only after ceremony https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html
Correct. I watched the ceremony and Biden only checks his watch at the conclusion.

Why is checking a watch being equated with dementia anyway? The argument is irrational.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17505
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by rustled »

barianqueen wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 3:14 pm
Rjamer wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 12:12 pm USA TODAY
Fact check: Biden honored service members killed in Kabul, checked watch only after ceremony https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html
Correct. I watched the ceremony and Biden only checks his watch at the conclusion.

Why is checking a watch being equated with dementia anyway? The argument is irrational.
IMO it's not being equated with dementia, it's being equated with disrespect. That said, though, a person in Biden's position without dementia would understand the bad optics of checking your watch at the moment Biden checked his - he gave the clear impression he needed or wanted to be somewhere else immediately. Not a good look. Whereas someone with dementia would have their dementia as an excuse for being in too big a hurry to be more respectful.
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
User avatar
Y-Wine
Fledgling
Posts: 112
Joined: Mar 11th, 2007, 8:15 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by Y-Wine »

rustled wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:12 am
normaM wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:00 am when I saw that in my News feed I was totally disappointed in Biden
so disrepectful
He won't last the full term
I think the people who put him in place were hoping he'd last to the 2022 elections, though.
I'm thinking that he will be assassinated by his own people (think Kennedy) about the 36th month of his Presidency. Just as the election season starts. The Democrat's will blame Republicans/Trump and the evil Proud Boys and anyone on the right side of the spectrum. This will do two things to help keep them in power.

First, they can proclaim Kameltoe Harris as the 1st Black, Woman President and divert the attention away from the Democrat's bad choice in Joe. She can be the new saviour of the embattled USA. BLM, feminist groups etc. will fall over with joy and Joe can go down in the books as Martyr.

Second, it will divide the country even further and will portray the Republicans as Treasonous, Corrupt and Dangerous. Democrats falling back on the "Insurrection that wasn't" mantra of yesteryear to keep the division going. Vote for "US". We are here to protect you!
Can you you say "Civil War" in our life time?
I hope not.
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 3:36 pmIMO it's not being equated with dementia, it's being equated with disrespect. That said, though, a person in Biden's position without dementia would understand the bad optics of checking your watch at the moment Biden checked his - he gave the clear impression he needed or wanted to be somewhere else immediately. Not a good look. Whereas someone with dementia would have their dementia as an excuse for being in too big a hurry to be more respectful.
A leader doesn't have to do every single thing. Biden delegated to the military leaders putting a plan together. In the end, that plan made by sr staff failed. Biden has taken responsibility for the plan not working. And now it's over.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 69814
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 5:41 pm . Biden has taken responsibility for the plan not working.
"Taking responsibility" means resigning. Just saying that you "take responsibility" means absolutely nothing if all you do is stumble out and read off of teleprompter (badly) and babble on about how badly you screwed up. Joe needs to go. Now.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

#Trudeaumustgonow
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 69814
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »



Joe Biden is scaring "the hell" out of Americans right now. Did anyone think that this was going to go any other way?
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

#Trudeaumustgonow

Return to “World”