Joe Biden Discussion

PoplarSoul
Guru

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by PoplarSoul »

normaM wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
The optic of looking intently at his watch - negative. There are far more subtle ways
Watch the last 2 minutes of the 41 minute video.
The ceremony is over.
He quickly glanced at his watch. You almost miss it.
Much to do about nothing.
Just saying.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?514338-1/ ... fghanistan
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

normaM wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
It's not his age that makes him senile. It's his senility that makes him senile.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:01 am
So someone checking out a watch is a sign of dementia now? [icon_lol2.gif] That's a desperate gasp at nothing.
If you are constantly checking your watch during an important event, what does it mean? You tell us.

Everyone sees it as at least, disrespectful. Would you do it in a job interview? It's like looking at your phone when someone is talking to you.

1) Nervousness
2) A desire to leave, not a priority
3) Dementia, can't remember the time
4) OCD, might be related to above
4) Bored
5) Because he is Kira (glittery, shiny) - naaaaaa, not likely.
6) Admiring the mechanical movement at an inappropriate time.
7) Trying to look busy so no one will ask him a question.
8) Online game where you get points every time you look at your watch

Both fathers noticed Biden checking his watch. Biden is not ware of his surroundings and behaves inappropriately. A sign of dementia. There is no benefit to repeatedly checking a watch.
Last edited by Jlabute on Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The optic of looking intently at his watch - negative. There are far more subtle ways
That was after the 41 minutes ceremony was over and everyone was starting to go "at ease".....so a little bit of context matter, but if one is the Joe Biden hater (not saying you are) that wouldn't really matter.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:16 am
So someone checking out a watch is a sign of dementia now? [icon_lol2.gif] That's a desperate gasp at nothing.
If you are constantly checking your watch during an important event, what does it mean? You tell us.

Everyone sees it as at least, disrespectful. Would you do it in a job interview? It's like looking at your phone when someone is talking to you.

Both fathers noticed Biden checking his watch. Biden is not ware of his surroundings and behaves inappropriately. A sign of dementia.
Please show us evidence that he was checking his watch all the time and not the one time when the ceremony was over and people were going into the "at ease" mode. I'll make it easy for you.....below is the entire 41 minutes ceremony...
The full video of the dignified transfer ceremony shows Biden honored each of the fallen U.S. service members. He appeared to check his watch after the ceremony ended.
https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html

Here's the full video.

Yup, another desperate grasp at nothing....
Last edited by foenix on Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:16 am

1) Nervousness
2) A desire to leave, not a priority
3) Dementia, can't remember the time
4) OCD, might be related to above
4) Bored
5) Because he is Kira (glittery, shiny) - naaaaaa, not likely.
6) Admiring the mechanical movement at an inappropriate time.
7) Trying to look busy so no one will ask him a question.
8) Online game where you get points every time you look at your watch

Both fathers noticed Biden checking his watch. Biden is not ware of his surroundings and behaves inappropriately. A sign of dementia. There is no benefit to repeatedly checking a watch.
According to Darin Hoover, Biden checked his watch as they released the salute after every one of the 13. Mark Schmitz says he quit watching Biden after the first few because it made him so angry to see Biden being so disrespectful.

So not once at the end of the entire ceremony - once at the end of each and every salute. The news cameras wouldn't have been on Biden the whole time, nor should they have been - that would have been highly disrespectful to the soldiers and their families.

Someone may well have been recording what the news cameras weren't. However, in the absence of footage, I'm inclined to believe these fathers' observations at the ceremony - he checked his watch after each of them - is more likely to be accurate than any Biden apologists' assertion he checked it "only once".
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

:up: :up: :up:

Yup, I would also believe the fathers.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 10:04 am :up: :up: :up:

Yup, I would also believe the fathers.
I think you're probably right about why he kept doing it, too.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

rustled wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:56 am
So not once at the end of the entire ceremony - once at the end of each and every salute. The news cameras wouldn't have been on Biden the whole time, nor should they have been - that would have been highly disrespectful to the soldiers and their families.

Someone may well have been recording what the news cameras weren't. However, in the absence of footage, I'm inclined to believe these fathers' observations at the ceremony - he checked his watch after each of them - is more likely to be accurate than any Biden apologists' assertion he checked it "only once".
Why not look for yourselves, instead of relying on 2nd or even 3td hand information coming from biased sources like Faux News.

Let me know, if you catch President Biden looking at his watch more than at the 39 min. 43 second mark out of the 41 min. ceremony.

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

This story shows it wasn't just happening on the tarmac, it was also happening ahead of the ceremony:
President Biden made his way on Sunday around a quiet room at Dover Air Force Base, a chamber filled with couches and chairs, with dignitaries and grieving families huddling together as the president came to speak to them privately, one family at a time.

SNIP

Some of the grieving relatives felt a need to interact directly with the president after losing their loved one, including Jiennah McCollum, who married Rylee McCollum just six months ago and is due to give birth to the couple’s child next month.

“Gigi wanted to look him in the eye and hear him,” McCollum’s sister Roice said in a text message to The Washington Post, using Jiennah’s nickname.

Roice recounted that Jiennah left disappointed. The president, she said, kept checking his watch and bringing up Beau.

SNIP

As the families left the building following their encounter with Biden, solemnly watching the bodies of their loved ones come off the C-17 plane, the emotions were still raw.

Schmitz said he grew agitated every time he saw Biden check his watch.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
While Snopes says they haven't yet found photographic or video evidence to show Biden checking his watch after every salute, they do point out the camera wasn't usually on Biden.

And unlike some of the Biden apologists, Snopes hasn't stooped to suggesting the grieving families who were there are lying.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

You're not relying on 2nd or 3rd hand information. It is spoken by eye-witnesses that watched Biden through the proceeding, before, during, and after. So after these fathers lost their sons, you call them liars? I bet they were honest while being interviewed by Hannity. They told Hannity what they saw. Not as though camera coverage was always on Biden. Although you would notice Biden had his hands behind him, then in front, then behind, then in front. What did get captured might be a tell-tale sign he was fidgeting with his arms and watch.

Psaki doesn't deny it.

Joe Biden did this during his presidential debate.

Roice McCollum added that Biden checked his watch while speaking with her brother’s widow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden did this all day long, especially while under stress and avoiding eye-contact.

So if two eye witness accounts say he did... I tend to believe that plus mounds of circumstantial evidence rather than the absence of video.

Biden's polls will drop once again because of this.

Biden treats his watch like Linus loves his blanket.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/vice-pres ... di-king/#x
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 11:48 am You're not relying on 2nd or 3rd hand information. It is spoken by eye-witnesses that watched Biden through the proceeding, before, during, and after. So after these fathers lost their sons, you call them liars? I bet they were honest while being interviewed by Hannity. They told Hannity what they saw. Not as though camera coverage was always on Biden. Although you would notice Biden had his hands behind him, then in front, then behind, then in front. What did get captured might be a tell-tale sign he was fidgeting with his arms and watch.

Psaki doesn't deny it.

Joe Biden did this during his presidential debate.

Roice McCollum added that Biden checked his watch while speaking with her brother’s widow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden did this all day long, especially while under stress and avoiding eye-contact.

So if two eye witness accounts say he did... I tend to believe that plus mounds of circumstantial evidence rather than the absence of video.

Biden's polls will drop once again because of this.

Biden treats his watch like Linus loves his blanket.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/vice-pres ... di-king/#x
I can only go by what I saw in the 41 minutes video, the only time I saw President Biden look at his watch was at the 39 min. 43 second mark and it's the same picture that's floating around the interenet....the exact same one. If there are proof, President Biden looked at his watch more than once after the ceremony was over, please provided it for us otherwise, all there is right now are hearsay 2nd and 3td accounts of what might happened....and no Faux Entertainment isn't news or reliable.
For Biden, he did appear to check his watch during his visit to Dover Air Force Base. But he did so after the dignified transfer ceremony was over.

Footage leading up to the moment shows Biden with his hand over his heart for about 30 seconds as vans carry the service members' remains off the tarmac. After the vans had left, Biden closes his eyes briefly before dropping his arms and glancing down at his watch.

At that point, everyone else in the video also stands at ease, indicating that the ceremony was over. About 35 seconds later, Biden and the first lady walk off the tarmac toward a black SUV.
This is exactly what I saw.
Last edited by foenix on Sep 2nd, 2021, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Me too
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Maybe its a smart watch and he is checking his heart rate, or calling Dick Tracy.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The August Biden malapropisms

We all know what a "Bidenism" is — any dumb thing President Biden says or does. A Bidenism can be any verbal tic, spastic stutter, or lie. "Malapropisms" are in a subset of the larger subject of Bidenisms. Malapropisms occur when Biden misuses a word, using a word that means something very different from what he really wanted to say.

And so here they are — the Malapropisms of August. All dialogue guaranteed verbatim, and I can provide time-stamped video links to every single one of these.

...they're spending the most powerful message to their families...
...Our own Department of Energy pioneered and transformed the battery industry, where Barack and I w-w-went into offer, when we were in office...
...Jill & I would never have thought, we'd have to join you, the Capitol Rotunda, not once but twice. Once, to iron — to honor Officer Brian Sicknick, who lost his life...
...Those of us been around a while, we knew his dad, knew his dad well. He was Secretary a the United States — Sergeant-at-Arms in the United States Senate...
...It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated I know I've said that constantly, and others have as well. The vaxation of the unvaccinated...
...Thank you, man; you're a helluvan assalete...
...Hi-speed Internet — gonna be available and affordable everywhere, to everyone, so farmers nationwide can get the breast prices for their products at home and abroad...
...We started off the intercontinental railroad, in the late eighteen hunerds; all all kidding aside, we leak the coast...
...That's why, I've instructed the Federal Drug Administration to get these genetic drugs to consumers...
Cleaning up and calfing capping the orphan wells.
We've trapped uh we've tapped additional aircraft from the Department of Defense.
...My national security team and I have been closely monitoring the situation on the ground in Afghanistan and moving quickly to execute the plans we had put in place to respond to every constituency, including — and contingency — including the rapid collapse we're seeing now...
...Like their fellow brothers and sisters, who've died, defending our vision and our values, and the struggle against terrorism, of the fall on this day, they're part of a great, noble company of American heroes
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... pisms.html
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “World”