End the lockdown

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
W105
Guru

Re: End the lockdown

Post by W105 »

Ka-El wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 10:55 am
W105 wrote: ^^ so allowing unvaxxed and vaxxed people to shop together is ok though ??
This is where the difference between basic and essential services comes in. People have to shop for food to eat. No one is going to be physically harmed or deprived by not being able to go to a concert, movie or restaurant. That will be a choice.

W105 wrote: people will still be using the same carts, touching the same items and using the same public washrooms..where is the "science" in this ??
Well, I don’t know about you but it seems most people do understand the science. People have been going into grocery stores wearing masks and using sanitizer to wipe down carts for some time now. It’s not complicated stuff and it seems most people have no difficulty with it. Of course, there are always those entitled few.
^^ no I do not understand the science allowing vaxxed and unvaxxed people to shop together but not eat together...covid cooties are everywhere...they are not controlled in a grocery store..you wear a mask in a grocery store and you wear one in a restaurant...people in a restaurant sit in one place and maybe use the rest room...people in a grocery store move thru out the entire store interacting with everybody around them...that does not happen in a restaurant you are seated and you stay there..so please can you explain how the risks are lower in a grocery store but higher in every other public setting
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

W105 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 10:43 am ^^ so allowing unvaxxed and vaxxed people to shop together is ok though ?? people will still be using the same carts, touching the same items and using the same public washrooms..where is the "science" in this ??
If you don't believe in the science and math behind this, I'm all for unvaccinated people not being allowed to shop if that's what you're suggesting.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Jonrox wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:17 am
W105 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 10:43 am ^^ so allowing unvaxxed and vaxxed people to shop together is ok though ?? people will still be using the same carts, touching the same items and using the same public washrooms..where is the "science" in this ??
If you don't believe in the science and math behind this, I'm all for unvaccinated people not being allowed to shop if that's what you're suggesting.
^^ ahhh, there it is finally...full on segregation..I was waiting to see when somebody would actually admit that is what they would like to see...maybe we should also have the Military walking the streets ??

so no vax...no food, no job, no medical care...a drug addict has more rights I guess..so how much more are you willing to pay for taxes to house and feed the unvaxxed ??
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

W105 wrote:
Ka-El wrote: Well, I don’t know about you but it seems most people do understand the science. People have been going into grocery stores wearing masks and using sanitizer to wipe down carts for some time now. It’s not complicated stuff and it seems most people have no difficulty with it. Of course, there are always those entitled few.
^^ no I do not understand the science allowing vaxxed and unvaxxed people to shop together but not eat together...
:135: Really? You don’t understand how masks reduce transmission or how sanitizer kills the virus? Well, I’ll leave that up to you to remedy if you so choose. Don’t worry. As far as science goes it’s pretty basic stuff, but again - your choice. :smt045
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

W105 wrote: ..maybe we should also have the Military walking the streets ??
Might have to if we find ourselves being overrun by selfish idiots
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Ka-El wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:29 am
W105 wrote:
^^ no I do not understand the science allowing vaxxed and unvaxxed people to shop together but not eat together...
:135: Really? You don’t understand how masks reduce transmission or how sanitizer kills the virus? Well, I’ll leave that up to you to remedy if you so choose. Don’t worry. As far as science goes it’s pretty basic stuff, but again - your choice. :smt045
:135: Really ?? you do not realize that every public place has required masks and hand sanitizer ??
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

W105 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:28 am ^^ ahhh, there it is finally...full on segregation..I was waiting to see when somebody would actually admit that is what they would like to see...maybe we should also have the Military walking the streets ??

so no vax...no food, no job, no medical care...a drug addict has more rights I guess..so how much more are you willing to pay for taxes to house and feed the unvaxxed ??
Not segregation from food, jobs, and medical care... I'm envisioning something more like The Hunger Games.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

W105 wrote: :135: Really ?? you do not realize that every public place has required masks and hand sanitizer ??
Are you saying you do understand the science ? Yes, so for essential services we allow people to use those protective measures, but for unessential services that involve larger gatherings of people in a group we require extra measures.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

BC Landlord wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 10:46 am
JLives wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 10:20 am We are the government. They're just people like you and me. They just facilitate the things we do together. And ending a pandemic is absolutely something that has to be done together and cannot be done on an individual level.

Our rights and freedoms have already been laid out. ...
No, we are not. Governments can write laws, ... you can't. Governments can enforce them, ... you can't. Our history is full of examples where the combination of legislative and executive powers went sideways, often totally bypassing the judicial branch.

These people out in the street protesting are challenging it. So, don't mock them.
People of Canada need to get off their :swear: and hold elected representatives of all levels of government accountable.
Unfortunately to many people just throw up there arms and say there’s the government again. Wake up people

Why do I even bother wasting my time... never mind continue to just :swear: and complain, oh yes and protest.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

mexi cali wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:04 am This sounds like a trick question. Enjoy the mooses and deerses.
Not at all. Got my answer thanks. Since soon you must vaccinate to be employed at a number of locations and likely soon to be all, it's mandatory unless one wants to be homeless. I'm sure EI will be tied to it soon too.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Alberta bringing back some restrictions in hope of reducing the recent increases in covid cases, hospital outbreaks, dealing with nursing shortages. B.c. and Alberta in the running for most cases, and hospitalizations per population.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-rei ... -1.5572527
I think unless Alberta controls their outbreaks and covid transmissions, b.c. will have a hard time, because our economies are so intertwined.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

W105 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:28 am
Jonrox wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:17 am
^^ ahhh, there it is finally...full on segregation..I was waiting to see when somebody would actually admit that is what they would like to see...maybe we should also have the Military walking the streets ??

If someone chooses no job, no medical care, rather than vaccinate, that's okay, what's important is that they have their right to infect and get infected unfettered. It is a free world. Just as some homeless people would rather choose their drugs and lifestyle than take the handouts from the gov't. Soon we will offer prescribed drugs (decriminalized) for them too. Their choice.
spooker

Post by spooker »

rustled wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 9:42 am Again: this shows that while the vaccine is helping - it is NOT providing the level of immunity provided by the childhood vaccines people were using as their basis for supporting the imposition of vaxports.
You do realize the game has changed since they first talked about the vaccine? And while the other vaccines have been tuned and tweaked over the decades of their use we're playing catch-up with the new one ... we're learning ... holding scientists to their original beliefs sounds a bit medieval in that before the scientific method was documented we had many ideas that were proven wrong with more investigation, i.e. world flat, everything orbits the earth, disease is vengeance of the gods
rustled wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 9:49 am And perhaps BC Landlord is not wrong. Look at what you had to do to get your vaxport, not the vaccines themselves but the technology. It's interesting to consider whether the use of your cell phone was for your convenience or for some other reason, given how easily the government could have simply mailed out a plastic card with the photo ID they have on file to everyone who has had their vaccinations.

Dystopian intrigues aside, the biggest problem I see with the vaxports is the false sense of security - the false belief that people in the restaurant aren't transmitting the virus - coupled with a fresh new way to pit people against each other.
Part of the reason that we all carry a tracking device in our pockets these days is due to the "convenience" factor that it provides us in many ways ... logistics for the app are a lot simpler and can be implemented faster than a plastic card ... and getting things done with regards to the virus should be as fast as possible to get results instead lagging and letting more people get sick and/or die

Knowing that people in restaurants have a much lower chance of getting Covid thus lowering the overall rate of infection provides a bit of breathing room ... nothing is guaranteed in this life and it's unrealistic to say that creating some room to work towards a better solution is worth nothing ...
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

spooker wrote:... nothing is guaranteed in this life and it's unrealistic to say that creating some room to work towards a better solution is worth nothing ...
Yes, we are all in this together.These anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers remind me of the freeloaders off the land, er, freeman who believe it is all about them, and feel they have no responsibility at all for or toward the collective they live in and benefit from. They want to enjoy all the advantages of living in a collective society without contributing or having any concern or responsibility for how their choices impact others. The protests in front of hospitals that blocked ambulances and interfered with patient care and safety were particularly disgusting. There is nothing to be admired about such selfishness.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 12:29 pm
mexi cali wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:04 am This sounds like a trick question. Enjoy the mooses and deerses.
Not at all. Got my answer thanks. Since soon you must vaccinate to be employed at a number of locations and likely soon to be all, it's mandatory unless one wants to be homeless. I'm sure EI will be tied to it soon too.
I'll come with you to get the shot if you like and I'll ask for an extra one, to get a jump on the boosters. :130:
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Social Concerns”