Data is in. Virus will be here for a few seasons

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Data is in. Virus will be here for a few seasons

Post by common_sense_guy »

Dr. John Campbell. "Booster doses effective" if you look up that video on YouTube you will see a very intelligent Dr explaining truthfully how the coronavirus will be here for a few seasons and eventually everybody is going to get it. The virus is going to be endemic is the data coming out. He will show you where the data is coming from also.
He doesn't pass judgment one way or another but explains in ways most people can understand what the data means. I am appreciative I found him because he does not have any form of bias in his videos. He also does explain the advantages of letting your natural immunity fight the virus if you are able to as it will give you more antibodies.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Re: Data is in. Virus will be here for a few seasons

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

You almost can't go wrong with any of his videos if you want an unbiased explanation of what applicable data means.
What bothers me is a large percentage of people's perception that if you get the vaccine we're all going to get through this quicker. That is NOT the case. If it turns out to be true with what the data is suggesting, that it's going to be here for a few seasons or possibly longer like the seasonal flu and that we're all going to be exposed to it sooner or later, then since 75% of the population is all ready now vaccinated it is mostly going to be vaccinated people continuing to spread the virus.

It still seems the vast majority of people believe you are immune and that is why I believe we are seeing spikes in cases. Those people are going about their everyday lives being more Reckless with social distancing and Etc. I am not surprised they stopped contact tracing because if they continued it they would ultimately have to report that it is the vaccinated people for the most part continuing the spread. And that would take away their justification for vaccine passports.

If we are all going to eventually be exposed to it then I can understand why the remaining minority of healthy people would rather have their natural immune system fight it as that is an advantage over a vaccinated body fighting it. And I believe that is their right and they should not be segregated or treated like second-class citizens for exercising that right.

Vaccine passports are not going to slow or stop covid.

All is going to do is create further divide when you take away people's rights when there is no necessity for it. And the peoples rights you are taking away are completely unjustified. And when you say I'm unjustifiably take away somebody's rights people tend to fight back even harder and I can totally understand that.

If you are going to respond I would rather you pick apart my beliefs of what I said with some fact and not just be another sheep in the crowd and say" just get the jab and it will be all over sooner" or "its in everybody's best interest if you get the jab so there's not such a drain on the Healthcare System" . Because if that's what you're thinking then you should be going after the extremely high percentage of overweight, unhealthy lifestyle living, smokers and drinkers as they are more of a drain on our Healthcare System then the remaining 25% on vaccinated people ever will be.

And keep in mind those 25% that have not been vaccinated have paid into the Healthcare System their whole lives as well at at some point should have some say in what they do with their bodies in a free country while it is still a free country.

This great free country of Canada that us older people grew up with is quickly becoming less and less free with over the top government overreach and unnecessarily heavy taxation and it seems that trend is not slowing down but getting worse.
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spell and paragraph insertions for easier reading only
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
foenix
Lord of the Board

Post by foenix »

common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 4:06 pm You almost can't go wrong with any of his videos if you want an unbiased explanation of what applicable data means.
What bothers me is a large percentage of people's perception that if you get the vaccine we're all going to get through this quicker. That is NOT the case. If it turns out to be true with what the data is suggesting, that it's going to be here for a few seasons or possibly longer like the seasonal flu and that we're all going to be exposed to it sooner or later, then since 75% of the population is all ready now vaccinated it is mostly going to be vaccinated people continuing to spread the virus.

It still seems the vast majority of people believe you are immune and that is why I believe we are seeing spikes in cases. Those people are going about their everyday lives being more Reckless with social distancing and Etc. I am not surprised they stopped contact tracing because if they continued it they would ultimately have to report that it is the vaccinated people for the most part continuing the spread. And that would take away their justification for vaccine passports.
Except the rationale doesn't support the current data that most of the hospitalized and in need of serious help are the unvaccinated in BC, Canada and the world. The vaccines which were designed for the original strain isn't as effective against the latest variant but it does still afford them varying degrees of protection against hospitalizations and becoming really sick. Not so with the unvaccinated against the Delta variant as it looks to be the most deadly strain so far to mutate. There is no data I've seen that says the vaccinated people are the ones spreading the virus. That's what the vaccines do is to help the body produce antibodies for the virus so that even if exposed, their viral loads will be lessened to prevent the transmission of the virus to other people.

The Covid-19 might stick around a couple years or it might suddenly disappear like the Spanish Flu did. It's all up to Mother Nature.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

foenix
Lord of the Board

Post by foenix »

Terris wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 12:56 pm Yup...

The more you know...

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... 4LPtn1Vn-v
The conspiracy thread is next door.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Jonrox
Guru

Post by Jonrox »

I'll watch these later... but I think there's a significant difference between "getting through this quicker" and "getting through this better". I think everyone knows this is going to be around for a while, but by no means does that mean we shouldn't be doing our best to get through this "better".

If the risks of folks getting sick, dying, and overwhelming the medical system can be mitigated through the use of vaccines, and this means life can be pretty normal while getting to the "end point"... I'd suggest this is a better option than doing very little and getting to the same "end point" but with the tremendous costs of an overloaded healthcare system, death, and illness.

I do shake my head a bit when people talk about getting better antibodies from being infected than from the vaccines... it doesn't really make any sense at all to suggest the best way to avoid getting Covid is to get Covid. It's a fairly irrelevant point to make... at least as far as my uneducated brain can figure.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Jonrox wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 2:06 pm I do shake my head a bit when people talk about getting better antibodies from being infected than from the vaccines... it doesn't really make any sense at all to suggest the best way to avoid getting Covid is to get Covid. It's a fairly irrelevant point to make... at least as far as my uneducated brain can figure.
So after developing throughout the millenia of human evolution, our own natural immune functions are now being rendered obsolete in the face of this covid virus??

The previous paradigm, where we all had a natural immune response to previous viruses, whereby those who got sick and recovered, now had lifelong immunity no longer applies??

Hmmm... :135:

That's odd...

That would only make sense if this was an artificially contrived or man made virus, or perhaps a contrived man made false flag scenario designed to be carried out over the long term.

One can only agree though, that this covid nonsense will be carrying on for more than a few seasons, more than a few years, and possibly past all our lifetimes here.

We won't really know what will happen until all the real, unbiased research is done (doubtful), or every nations tax coffers are bled dry paying for this (probable); or until the debts owed to the central bankers evolve into a form of global autocracy, as everything we own is confiscated to pay them back (most likely).

How long can Canada sustain paying off the trillion $ plus debt we're already hooked into by the Trudeau government let alone maintain a battle against a bioweapon virus?

https://candidlyspeaking.net/2021/08/27 ... cinations/
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
foenix
Lord of the Board

Post by foenix »

Terris wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 3:26 pm
Jonrox wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 2:06 pm I do shake my head a bit when people talk about getting better antibodies from being infected than from the vaccines... it doesn't really make any sense at all to suggest the best way to avoid getting Covid is to get Covid. It's a fairly irrelevant point to make... at least as far as my uneducated brain can figure.
So after developing throughout the millenia of human evolution, our own natural immune functions are now being rendered obsolete in the face of this covid virus??

The previous paradigm, where we all had a natural immune response to previous viruses, whereby those who got sick and recovered, now had lifelong immunity no longer applies??

Hmmm... :135:

That's odd...

https://candidlyspeaking.net/2021/08/27 ... cinations/
Here's the problem with the acquired natural immunity scenario. If the kill rate of the virus is between 1 to 3%, depending on when the study was done, hundreds of thousand people in Canada would have to die before we reached herd immunity. I would estimate 10X more deaths than we have now.........no thanks.

.......and what natural immune responses to previous viruses are we talking about?......the almost eradication of viruses like smallpox, chickenpox, rubella, measles etc etc though our VACCINE program.......is that what you mean?

Return to “Social Concerns”