Authorization to check vaccine passports

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
masen
Fledgling

Authorization to check vaccine passports

Post by masen »

Who will be given the right to police the public. Do people have to take a course to know how to handle people who refuse to show them proof. The rule of law states innocent until proven guilty. This is a touchy situation. Many, many RCMP are going to be needed.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Authorization to check vaccine passports

Post by GordonH »

masen wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:11 pm Who will be given the right to police the public. Do people have to take a course to know how to handle people who refuse to show them proof. The rule of law states innocent until proven guilty. This is a touchy situation. Many, many RCMP are going to be needed.
Businesses will have new policy on vax passports, just as people have to show proof of age to purchase tobacco or alcohol. You will have to show proof of vaccination.

As I’ve have stated in other threads, I don’t believe domestic vax passports will stand up in court challenge.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

masen wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:11 pm Who will be given the right to police the public. Do people have to take a course to know how to handle people who refuse to show them proof. The rule of law states innocent until proven guilty. This is a touchy situation. Many, many RCMP are going to be needed.
I'm gonna just say " NO ", the gov't will leave this all up to the business owner and throw them under the bus when someone gets past the " checkpoint" ....

RCMP won't be any help either .. Here in Ktown , they don't respond to bike thefts , property crime or noise complaints because they too , are understaffed ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

How much sense does it make to make an employee responsible to check for vaccinations when that very employee doesn’t have to be vaccinated to be in the very establishment they are restricting entrance to only vaccinated people????
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

MAPearce wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 5:31 pm
I'm gonna just say " NO ", the gov't will leave this all up to the business owner and throw them under the bus when someone gets past the " checkpoint" ....

RCMP won't be any help either .. Here in Ktown , they don't respond to bike thefts , property crime or noise complaints because they too , are understaffed ...
I had this precise convo with two RCMP officers. And as the homeless person sat with a stolen bike, they didn't even talk to her. True story. The bike got taken back by the owner and stuffed into my car , we took it back to her place. Officers did not even speak to the victim of the bike theft.

As for vaccine passports and businesses, this is just another way to make them go broke and close.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Businesses already have the right to deny anyone entry into their private business.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Saul Goodman wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 6:15 pm
It's not difficult at all to refuse someone entry into a business. The vaxports are supposed to be QR-based, so it's a simple scan process to check which patrons have been vaccinated.
yeup .. and when one refuses , the cops will review the security cam footage and "ask for the publics help" ...

See that vid of a guy leaking on a DQ counter in Port ? ( Port Albernie , it's a towwn on the west coast of Van Island) ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I don't know what you mean. The scan either succeeds and the person is allowed to enter or the scan fails and the person is denied entry.

Why on Earth would the RCMP be reviewing security cam footage in such a case? If a person barges in without being scanned then the person broke the rules and should be kicked out.
You really need to get out more "Saul" ...

My point is , people on both sides of this fence will be unhappy with this intrusion and "express themselves in a manner that WILL require the authorities . Said authorities will get spread thin and then , you'll have minimum wage employees trying to enforce a provincial health mandate and get hurt in the process... ie , the counter urinator in the DQ in Port Alberni BC just last week...

Don't you read ?
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Why would anyone who doesn't have a vaccination passport bother to try to enter a restaurant, sit down and expect service?
I don't expect anyone urinating in protest.
That's just one dummy in Port Alberni.
By the way, pretty sure everyone knows where Port Alberni is. :D
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

God forbid we should interfere with any guy's freedom to urinate at a restaurant counter.
Now business/restaurant owners are going to be ruled by idiots who can't stand following clear public health regulations?
Seems some people want their rights and freedoms but draw the line at private owners having theirs.
Their house, their rules.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

In my lifetime I've showed my immunization records and for my kids to schools and daycare. My kids wouldn't have licensed care without them. Never had to call the cops once. I think people need to stop whining. That's the real issue.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

We all have seen the recordings of numerous individuals who have tried to do business without wearing a mask. Guess what this same group of people will also try to do very same thing without being vaccinated.
Many of them will cause scene, I wouldn’t be surprised if some are willing to fight. If this happens I would suspect private security companies will be hired to take the heat, instead of business staff.

Most likely more then 1 court challenge will be generated by this politician born BS... aka domestic vax passports.

btw I rarely if ever eat out... haven’t been to movie in decades etc... etc. This passport will not work or bother me at all.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Vax passport free at Costco. You can still run around wild with Covid there
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

samsquench07 wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 7:46 am Vax passport free at Costco. You can still run around wild with Covid there
The same at every grocery store, why pick only on Costco.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 8:00 am
samsquench07 wrote: Sep 6th, 2021, 7:46 am Vax passport free at Costco. You can still run around wild with Covid there
The same at every grocery store, why pick only on Costco.
Yep, grocery stores are considered essential service.

Return to “Health”