Authorization to check vaccine passports

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
SensibleOne
Board Meister

Re: Authorization to check vaccine passports

Post by SensibleOne »

cv23 wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 6:46 pm How much sense does it make to make an employee responsible to check for vaccinations when that very employee doesn’t have to be vaccinated to be in the very establishment they are restricting entrance to only vaccinated people????
Very few seem to be concerned about this it seems... but I was wondering the same thing. A waiter for example can work an 8 hour shift in a restaurant, but cannot then dine at that very same restaurant? Or would they be exempt since they work there and as a guest they would be permitted regardless of vaccination status?
Also, if this is about anti-bodies and health, what about those who were vaccinated and did not amount an immune response? They are okay, but people who have anti-bodies from natural infection are not okay? If this about keeping people safe and healthy, shouldn't we be concentrating more on actually immunity?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

SensibleOne wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 10:21 am
cv23 wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 6:46 pm How much sense does it make to make an employee responsible to check for vaccinations when that very employee doesn’t have to be vaccinated to be in the very establishment they are restricting entrance to only vaccinated people????
Very few seem to be concerned about this it seems... but I was wondering the same thing. A waiter for example can work an 8 hour shift in a restaurant, but cannot then dine at that very same restaurant? Or would they be exempt since they work there and as a guest they would be permitted regardless of vaccination status?
Also, if this is about anti-bodies and health, what about those who were vaccinated and did not amount an immune response? They are okay, but people who have anti-bodies from natural infection are not okay? If this about keeping people safe and healthy, shouldn't we be concentrating more on actually immunity?
:up: :up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Word goes around each province gets huge cash from the feds if the start the vax passport program. I’ve heard a billion dollars
No wonder they are doing it

Cash before science.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

samsquench07 wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 11:07 am Word goes around each province gets huge cash from the feds if the start the vax passport program. I’ve heard a billion dollars
No wonder they are doing it

Cash before science.
This funding was part of Health Gateway planning before COVID hit. We were already going to a digital vaccination repository. COVID just accelerated the funding.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

mexi cali wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 9:12 am
rustled wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 7:41 am That's not addressing the elephant in the room. There's already a labour shortage - not enough care workers.

As binky11 pointed out, when some of the current workers say they'd rather exercise their right to find other employment than comply with this newly imposed requirement for their continued employment, the shortage will become more acute. People seem indifferent to this consequence.
I am concerned. It could have a serious impact on an already understaffed medical community. But again, what is the answer?
My guess is the issue is overblown. You won't find LTC or other nursing staff quitting in droves.

I am also gonna guess that those who are accountable for ensuring care delivery (aka, those requiring vaccines for their staff) have a far clearer gauge on the staffing impacts related to those who choose to quit or retire.

All in all, just more evidence countering the claim that there are 'many' nurses out there who refuse to get vaccinated. Sounds like a pretty small percentage.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

marooned wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 11:27 am
mexi cali wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 9:12 am
I am concerned. It could have a serious impact on an already understaffed medical community. But again, what is the answer?
My guess is the issue is overblown. You won't find LTC or other nursing staff quitting in droves.

I am also gonna guess that those who are accountable for ensuring care delivery (aka, those requiring vaccines for their staff) have a far clearer gauge on the staffing impacts related to those who choose to quit or retire.

All in all, just more evidence countering the claim that there are 'many' nurses out there who refuse to get vaccinated. Sounds like a pretty small percentage.
But currently even a "small percentage" could make all the difference. Todays headline about patient dying whilst waiting for treatment in Kamloops hospital will no doubt be blamed on over capacity due to unvaccinated COVID patients yet staffing shortages have long been an issue. Many of those nursing staff and care home staff constantly complaining of long hours, feeling burnt out and more so it would be no surprise if we saw many head off to other careers or early retirement.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

dodgerdodge wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 6:35 pm
marooned wrote: Sep 8th, 2021, 11:27 am

But currently even a "small percentage" could make all the difference. Todays headline about patient dying whilst waiting for treatment in Kamloops hospital will no doubt be blamed on over capacity due to unvaccinated COVID patients yet staffing shortages have long been an issue. Many of those nursing staff and care home staff constantly complaining of long hours, feeling burnt out and more so it would be no surprise if we saw many head off to other careers or early retirement.

I have a family member who works at a care home in West Kelowna. She says if they only lose 1 care aid, it will be bad. But they won’t lose just one, it will be anywhere from 5-30. Sure, some might be coerced into getting it. ( a terrible shame) but most who have not got it by now, simply won’t. Yes, they are short staffed now and burnt out. They can’t do the work of 5 care aids. The residents will suffer. Thanks Bonnie, shows how much you care about these residents. The care aids that are left will also be forced to leave as their work loads increase behind their capacity. They were in the midst of training more care aids, they are 1/2 way through being certified. More of the tax payers money down the drain as this course was being offered at YOUR expense because they were already so short staffed. Yes, losing even just one of them will have an impact.
Voting PPC is our only hope of possibly getting out of this mess.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

3EE6D8FD-0D5C-475A-8EE9-F86CCBD6132E.jpeg
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^^
For Rumble, misinformation is a feature, not a bug
Published on March 1, 2021
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rumble-m ... ticle_view
Chill
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

flamingfingers wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 12:52 pm ^^^
For Rumble, misinformation is a feature, not a bug
Published on March 1, 2021
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rumble-m ... ticle_view
The only misinformation is coming from Bonnie and our politicians. It’s very sad you can’t see that. You will one day, I promise you that.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

A well written letter to the editor. About sums it up.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/ ... own-making
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

The rumble video. If you watches. Is the senate talking about how internet. Facebook. Twitter. Google are
Misleading people.
And how Wuhan man mad virus is constantly being covered up

All these are true. So how is that rumble video misleading info?

Some people close their ears to the truth.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

samsquench07 wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 2:23 pm The rumble video. If you watches. Is the senate talking about how internet. Facebook. Twitter. Google are
Misleading people.
And how Wuhan man mad virus is constantly being covered up

All these are true. So how is that rumble video misleading info?

Some people close their ears to the truth.
The people won’t believe anything that is on rumble or brighteon or rebel news. If it is not on global news or Fox News, it’s conspiracy theory. And you cannot and will not get through to them that the truth has to be taken to these platforms because of the insane censorship that is going on. You are so right, their ears are closed. That’s very biblical as well. Mathew 13 verse 15. And by the way, this whole story how it starts and ends is in the bible, but that’s for another thread I won’t get into here lol I am sure that last sentence will be attacked anyway for the next ten pages or more.
They won’t believe they are being lied to by our politicians and media. Bonnie is their god. She will eat her words one day, this WILL all come out. It’s starting to now. She is no better than Fauchi.
I believe she knows the truth now but she’s dug herself so deep into it, she can’t go back now.

Return to “Health”