Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Brass Monkey
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2930
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 5:26 am This phrase is anti-Semitic and typical of the hate heaped on the Jewish state of Israel by the disgusting and evil Left. The Left just plain sucks.
People will say Israel is not an apartheid state but then they’ll say criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic because Israel is a Jewish state.


Yonatan Yosef, Spokesperson for Israeli Settlers in Sheikh Jarrah, says while overlooking a neighbourhood in East Jerusalem:


"We take house after house. All this area will be a Jewish neighbourhood. We are not finish the job. We are going to the next neighbourhood and after that, we'll go more. Our dream is that all East Jerusalem will be like West Jerusalem. Jewish capital of Israel. I see this as a continuation of the Zionist project."
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 83660
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 2:58 pm [

People will say Israel is not an apartheid state
This phrase is anti-Semitic and typical of the hate heaped on the Jewish state of Israel by the Left.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
User avatar
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3027
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by nucksRnum1 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 5:22 pmThis phrase is anti-Semitic and typical of the hate heaped on the Jewish state of Israel by the Left.
People who don't feel sorry for Israel 80 years after atrocities - are not anti-Semitic at all.
Brass Monkey
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2930
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 5:22 pm
This phrase is anti-Semitic and typical of the hate heaped on the Jewish state of Israel by the Left.

“Israel isn’t an apartheid state but criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic because Israel is a Jewish state!!”
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 83660
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 9th, 2021, 11:08 pm [
“Israel isn’t an apartheid state
Agreed. And anyone saying that it is is an anti-Semite.
but criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic
If you deliberately lie while doing so, yes.

The Left is just so evil and awful.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
Brass Monkey
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2930
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 3:04 am Agreed. And anyone saying that it is is an anti-Semite.
Your words:


“the Jewish state of Israel”


Cant fix crazy [icon_lol2.gif]
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24669
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 6:49 am
The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 3:04 am Agreed. And anyone saying that it is is an anti-Semite.
Your words:


“the Jewish state of Israel”


Cant fix crazy [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm having trouble understanding what you are getting at here. It seems to me you are suggesting someone who refers to the state of Israel as the Jewish state of Israel is in some way as bigoted or as intolerant as a person who is anti-Semitic.

If someone refers to the Moricetown as the First Nations community of Moricetown, or the Wet'suwet'en community of Moricetown, would you then be able to suggest that person is using a slur against First Nations or Wet'suwet'en, or accuse them of being anti-First Nations or anti-Wet'suwet'en? I don't think so.

IMO, no right-minded person would believe the people who are not Wet'suwet'en are hostile toward those who are Wet'suwet'en, as people who are anti-Semitic harbour toward those who are Jews, yet we all understand the state of Israel is a Jewish state just as we all understand Moricetown is a Wet'suwet'en community - and I do think most people would consider it a slur against the people of Moricetown if people were referring to their community as an apartheid community.
Brass Monkey
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2930
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 8:21 am I'm having trouble understanding what you are getting at here. It seems to me you are suggesting someone who refers to the state of Israel as the Jewish state of Israel is in some way as bigoted or as intolerant as a person who is anti-Semitic.

When you refer to Israel as a Jewish State you are acknowledging that Israel is an ethnostate - like SA and Rhodesia were.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24669
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 9:04 am
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 8:21 am I'm having trouble understanding what you are getting at here. It seems to me you are suggesting someone who refers to the state of Israel as the Jewish state of Israel is in some way as bigoted or as intolerant as a person who is anti-Semitic.

When you refer to Israel as a Jewish State you are acknowledging that Israel is an ethnostate - like SA and Rhodesia were.
When we refer to Moricetown as a Wet'suwet'en community, we are acknowledging that it's primarily inhabited by Wet'suwet'en people who likely prefer it to be inhabited primarily by Wet'suwet'en people. Is it appropriate for anyone to use the term "apartheid" to describe Moricetown? It seems unlikely to me that this would seem appropriate to anyone, but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps you can share what makes it appropriate to describe Israel that way, but not Moricetown? Or, would you say both are appropriate? If so, why?
Brass Monkey
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2930
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 9:14 am When we refer to Moricetown as a Wet'suwet'en community, we are acknowledging that it's primarily inhabited by Wet'suwet'en people who likely prefer it to be inhabited primarily by Wet'suwet'en people. Is it appropriate for anyone to use the term "apartheid" to describe Moricetown? It seems unlikely to me that this would seem appropriate to anyone, but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps you can share what makes it appropriate to describe Israel that way, but not Moricetown? Or, would you say both are appropriate? If so, why?

Jerusalem was once 80% Arab until Jews forcibly displaced and removed the Arabs. This is non-voluntary.

Moricetown is predominately native because non-natives haven’t moved there. This is voluntary.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24669
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 9:28 am
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 9:14 am When we refer to Moricetown as a Wet'suwet'en community, we are acknowledging that it's primarily inhabited by Wet'suwet'en people who likely prefer it to be inhabited primarily by Wet'suwet'en people. Is it appropriate for anyone to use the term "apartheid" to describe Moricetown? It seems unlikely to me that this would seem appropriate to anyone, but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps you can share what makes it appropriate to describe Israel that way, but not Moricetown? Or, would you say both are appropriate? If so, why?

Jerusalem was once 80% Arab until Jews forcibly displaced and removed the Arabs. This is non-voluntary.

Moricetown is predominately native because non-natives haven’t moved there. This is voluntary.
About a quarter of the people who live in Israel today are non-Jewish. https://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/aboutisrael/ ... cteristics. I don't have the stats for Moricetown, but let's say a quarter of that community's population is non-Wet'suwet'en.

Would it be appropriate to use the term "apartheid community" to describe the community of Moricetown? If not, why is it appropriate to use the term "apartheid state" to describe Israel?
Brass Monkey
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2930
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 9:43 am Would it be appropriate to use the term "apartheid community" to describe the community of Moricetown? If not, why is it appropriate to use the term "apartheid state" to describe Israel?
Israel was repopulated with Jews through the Law of Return - a national law that any Jew, and only a Jew, had a birthright to Israeli settlement. This law is still in effect today.

Israel does not recognize the Palestinian Right of Return - the belief that displaced and removed Palestinians have a right to return to their family estates in Israel. There’s an estimated 5 million Palestinians living globally who are refugees themselves or born to refugees.

Israel law promotes Jewish settlement and only Jewish settlement, Jewish influencers like Yonatan Yosef (the son of a prominent Jewish politician) have not been reprimanded for their campaigns of hiring private security firms to aid in removing Arab families from neighbourhoods in East Jerusalem. Yonatan Yosef is a self-described Zionist, he believes israel belongs to the Jews.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 58327
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by ferri »

Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 83660
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 6:49 am [
Cant fix crazy [icon_lol2.gif]
Exactly. Or evil. Why does the Left hate Jewiah people so much?
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24669
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 10:19 am
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 9:43 am Would it be appropriate to use the term "apartheid community" to describe the community of Moricetown? If not, why is it appropriate to use the term "apartheid state" to describe Israel?
Israel was repopulated with Jews through the Law of Return - a national law that any Jew, and only a Jew, had a birthright to Israeli settlement. This law is still in effect today.

Israel does not recognize the Palestinian Right of Return - the belief that displaced and removed Palestinians have a right to return to their family estates in Israel. There’s an estimated 5 million Palestinians living globally who are refugees themselves or born to refugees.

Israel law promotes Jewish settlement and only Jewish settlement, Jewish influencers like Yonatan Yosef (the son of a prominent Jewish politician) have not been reprimanded for their campaigns of hiring private security firms to aid in removing Arab families from neighbourhoods in East Jerusalem. Yonatan Yosef is a self-described Zionist, he believes israel belongs to the Jews.
You've sidestepped the question.

A quarter of Israel's population is non-Jewish, a sixth Arab. Their rights are protected in Israel.

If one of the Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs held the same public beliefs as Yonatan Yosef and wanted every non-Wet'suwet'en removed from Moricetown, would it then be appropriate to use the term "apartheid community" to describe the community of Moricetown? If not, why should we rely on the actions of self-described Zionist as an excuse for using the term "apartheid state" to describe Israel?

What makes it ok to use a term with undertones of intolerance and hatred to describe Israel, when it would be illogical to use the same term with undertones of intolerance and hatred to describe other similar communities?

It seems evident to me that this is the sort of illogical thinking behind the rise of anti-Semitism in Canada.

Return to “Canada”