Bread Machine

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Bread Machine

Post by Bsuds »

I found a good deal on a Bread machine on FB Marketplace. $60 for a machine that retails for over $370.

So far I am impressed with it and am re-learning how to make different breads. Of course not everything turns out perfect but haven't had to throw any in the garbage. (Yet) lol
IMG_0508 (Copy).jpeg
That's a 9 grain recipe that I used to make years ago. I think I know why the top deflated and will try again. I haven't tasted it yet but overall it looks not bad.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Bread Machine

Post by mexi cali »

Ugly bread homemade still tastes great. I make my own with a kitchen aid mixer to make the dough then the usual rise, rise bake thing. I do it to make the smells.

Those bread machines were pretty cool.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It tastes really good. I will make it again with a couple of changes/additions.

I have made a couple of loaves with the machine doing the mixing/kneading and baking in the oven. That works well too but you do have to be home to catch it in time.

This machine the paddle folds over for the bake cycle so the hole in the bottom is minimal. I like that feature.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Loved ours until the pan started leaking and a new pan costs as much as the maker.

The squared shape of the loaf is the biggest complaint I've seen, and was ours. Especially with feeding a family and always opting for the "large" loaf size. Comically large sandwiches, slices don't fit in the toaster, etc. Most of the time we'd remove from the machine and bake in oven with traditional loaf pan.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TylerM4 wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 11:36 am Loved ours until the pan started leaking and a new pan costs as much as the maker.

The squared shape of the loaf is the biggest complaint I've seen, and was ours. Especially with feeding a family and always opting for the "large" loaf size. Comically large sandwiches, slices don't fit in the toaster, etc. Most of the time we'd remove from the machine and bake in oven with traditional loaf pan.
Depends on which size loaf I make. The one I am eating right now is like 2 sandwiches in size.

Made some dinner buns yesterday and they are awesome!

Having the machine do the mixing/kneading and them baking in the oven works well too. I try and do enough at one time for 2 loaves then freeze one. They do not stay as fresh as store bought.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 4:15 pm
TylerM4 wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 11:36 am Loved ours until the pan started leaking and a new pan costs as much as the maker.

Depends on which size loaf I make. The one I am eating right now is like 2 sandwiches in size.

Having the machine do the mixing/kneading and them baking in the oven works well too. I try and do enough at one time for 2 loaves then freeze one. They do not stay as fresh as store bought.
Because they have no preservatives or additives.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The downside is? You have to eat it faster.

Oh wait that's not much of a downside!

I'm gonna need more PB&J
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 4:15 pm

Sudsy, do you use a breadbox? Using one creates the perfect humid but breathable level and keeps the bread crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. This is the one I use for breads, English muffins, tortilla wraps, muffins, cookies, loaf cakes, etc. Size is 14"w x14"h x 9"d.
breadbox.jpg

If you don't have/own a breadbox or have counter space, an easier method is place a stalk of celery along the loaf in a plastic bag. The science behind using a celery stalk is the bread absorbs the moisture from the celery preventing it from drying out.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm thinking more along the lines of either making smaller loaves of cutting in half and freezing.

Our toaster barely fits the bread and I have to turn it over to get it all toasted.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 6:58 pm I'm thinking more along the lines of either making smaller loaves of cutting in half and freezing.

Our toaster barely fits the bread and I have to turn it over to get it all toasted.
You could always get one of those new fangled 'lectric toasters that do both sides at the same time instead of that fire pit you are currently using.
Check them out.....$18 at Walmart......of coarse then you would need 'lectricity in that thar cabin.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I use a solar powered toaster.

It's just a bit slow leaving the bread out in the Sun. :biggrin:
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 6:58 pm I'm thinking more along the lines of either making smaller loaves of cutting in half and freezing.

Have you tried the toast feature on the Cuisinart convection air fryer?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 7:38 pm I use a solar powered toaster.

It's just a bit slow leaving the bread out in the Sun. :biggrin:
Use a magnifying glass. Makes a cool solar powered striped toast and takes less time than your method. :biggrin:
You and 71 others Like this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 8:05 pm Have you tried the toast feature on the Cuisinart convection air fryer?
Tried that this morning and it worked better than the toaster.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^ :up: :up: Works great for bagels and English muffins as well.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”