Why we need this vaccine passport mandate (from a vaccinated persons perspective):

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
two
Fledgling

Re: Why we need this vaccine passport mandate (from a vaccinated persons perspective):

Post by two »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:31 pm
two wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:13 pm
I am not anti government since it has all sorts of great working parts, our constitutional representative democracy is metaphorically a great ship that needs our attention, restoration, and upkeep . It is the pirates that are running the ship right now that need be identified and kicked off... They have been bought and paid for and are to spineless to face what is good for the commons.
Here's what I think is the problem with the paragraph......

politicians = pirates

......so there will always be pirates running our great ship, imo, of course.

There have been many great, trustworthy politicians in history.. identifying them all as just a large group of idiots is wrong even though it is often mostly true. They are individuals.
I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -- Voltaire
foenix
Guru

Re: Why we need this vaccine passport mandate (from a vaccinated persons perspective):

Post by foenix »

Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:32 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 12:13 pm

Ok, I'm saying it then.
Alright, that's fine. Facts are facts. *shrug*

From the CDC (BC) website:
http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/disease ... tionreport

"By week 34, the single-dose vaccination coverage in eligible 12+ year-olds was at 84%, and 76% were fully vaccinated"

By week 34, 76% of eligible 12+ year-olds were fully vaccinated. I suppose we should see a significant drop in hospitalized cases then? Unless the vaccines have worn off? Actually, data* is showing that the vaccines only last a few months, so that explains why hospitalizations are on the rise. I'll ask again, why the vaxports, then?

Hospitalizations and deaths:
BC covid stats to Aug 28 '21 (week 34).JPG

Also of interest, sources of covid spread:
BC covid stats by source to Aug 28 '21 (week 34).JPG

From the CDC (US) website FAQ page:

How long does protection from a COVID-19 vaccine last?

We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated**. What we do know is that COVID-19 has caused very serious illness and death for a lot of people. If you get COVID-19, you also risk giving it to loved ones who may get very sick.

People with moderately to severely compromised immune systems should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine after the initial 2 doses.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html

[sarcasm] **Yeah, sure they don't know. [/sarcasm] *eyeroll*
Unfortunately, the CDC doesn't want to discuss how the vaccines effectiveness wanes after a few months. But here's this*...

COVID vaccine protection wanes within six months - UK researchers (Pfizer and Astra-Zeneca vaccines)
https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-08-25/

~
Those are just smoke screens, ask yourself this then, why are the majority of the hospitalized and deaths in Canada and the US right now are the unvaxxed? That's the real life bottom line, no?
two
Fledgling

Post by two »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:32 pm
Alright, that's fine. Facts are facts. *shrug*

From the CDC (BC) website:
http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/disease ... tionreport

"By week 34, the single-dose vaccination coverage in eligible 12+ year-olds was at 84%, and 76% were fully vaccinated"

By week 34, 76% of eligible 12+ year-olds were fully vaccinated. I suppose we should see a significant drop in hospitalized cases then? Unless the vaccines have worn off? Actually, data* is showing that the vaccines only last a few months, so that explains why hospitalizations are on the rise. I'll ask again, why the vaxports, then?

Hospitalizations and deaths:
BC covid stats to Aug 28 '21 (week 34).JPG

Also of interest, sources of covid spread:
BC covid stats by source to Aug 28 '21 (week 34).JPG

From the CDC (US) website FAQ page:

How long does protection from a COVID-19 vaccine last?

We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated**. What we do know is that COVID-19 has caused very serious illness and death for a lot of people. If you get COVID-19, you also risk giving it to loved ones who may get very sick.

People with moderately to severely compromised immune systems should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine after the initial 2 doses.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html

[sarcasm] **Yeah, sure they don't know. [/sarcasm] *eyeroll*
Unfortunately, the CDC doesn't want to discuss how the vaccines effectiveness wanes after a few months. But here's this*...

COVID vaccine protection wanes within six months - UK researchers (Pfizer and Astra-Zeneca vaccines)
https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-08-25/

~
Those are just smoke screens, ask yourself this then, why are the majority of the hospitalized and deaths in Canada and the US are the unvaxxed? That's the real life bottom line, no?

I would answer 2 fold..

1. they work at preventing serious conditions when it has been caught

2. Healthy people still generally do not get hospitalized and that way of thinking is fear mongering when it should just be informing those who are at higher risk it's a good idea.
I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -- Voltaire
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

two wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:13 pm...I suggest we reorganize these problems and collectively become more aware with one another and take back our government with democracy. All while using more grass roots forms of informing ourselves without the seed of MSM since its been so corrupted.
Just how we inform ourselves is of paramount importance these days, and truly one of the biggest challenges. First and foremost is determining the credibility of a source, and not just hop on board because they're saying something that fits your mood.

The vaccine debate is an excellent example. People will glom on to some little tidbit of information from an unvetted and unknown source because it supports their preconceived notion that they're the victim of some massive conspiracy, all the while ignoring the evidence that is before their own eyes. An easy conclusion to draw is that because most hospitalized cases by far are unvaccinated people it's safe to conclude that the vaccines are effective in that they reduce the severity of infection. Isn't that important ? Reduce the load on hospitals suffering from staff shortages and reducing the instances of serious health issue and death ? It's not a black and white situation, it's about doing our best to deal with a constantly evolving situation. Sowing distrust in government and our health professionals accomplishes nothing but slowing down progress against the virus.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:41 pm Those are just smoke screens, ...
???Smoke screens??? That's cold hard data from government websites, governments who are imposing the vaxports. The very government you are, in essence, defending for enforcing its will.
...ask yourself this then, why are the majority of the hospitalized and deaths in Canada and the US right now are the unvaxxed? That's the real life bottom line, no?
No, it's not the real bottom line. Why are you dismissing the facts from CDC websites? Even the BCCDC website cautions against focusing on percentages, suggesting that we need to look at actual case numbers in conjunction with all other factors. See two's response above^^

Have you taken a vaccine that prevents you from acknowledging facts? 'Cause it sure seems like you have. lol
~
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

two wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:45 pm
I would answer 2 fold..

2. Healthy people still generally do not get hospitalized and that way of thinking is fear mongering when it should just be informing those who are at higher risk it's a good idea.
Whaaat?...... for #1. That makes no sense.

I haven't seen the latest demographic/comobilty data for the unvaxxed that's being hospitalized and dying in Canada and the US due to the Delta variant so I'm not going to comment on that. Generally, the unvaxxed that are being hospialitalized and dying now are getting younger and younger. Unlike before, a lot of kids are being hospialitalized now.

Besides, if one thinks being "healthy" is better protection against hospitalization and death due to
the Delta variant than vaccines, then I would say that's a false sense of security just looking at the Covid situation now.
Last edited by foenix on Sep 13th, 2021, 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:41 pm Those are just smoke screens, ...
???Smoke screens??? That's cold hard data from government websites, governments who are imposing the vaxports. The very government you are, in essence, defending for enforcing its will.
...ask yourself this then, why are the majority of the hospitalized and deaths in Canada and the US right now are the unvaxxed? That's the real life bottom line, no?
No, it's not the real bottom line. Why are you dismissing the facts from CDC websites? Even the BCCDC website cautions against focusing on percentages, suggesting that we need to look at actual case numbers in conjunction with all other factors. See two's response above^^

Have you taken a vaccine that prevents you from acknowledging facts? 'Cause it sure seems like you have. lol
~
Yeah, those are smoke screens relative to who are being hospitalized and dying right now. The vast majority of them are the unvaxxed so one can throw all the data about how ineffective the vaccines are against the Delta but look at who's dying and being hospitalized......the UNVAXXED. That's called real life data in which the vaccinated are being mostly protected against hospitalizations and death in comparison to the unvaxxed. Those are the FACTS.
two
Fledgling

Post by two »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:18 pm
two wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 1:45 pm
I would answer 2 fold..

I haven't seen the latest demographic/comobilty data for the unvaxxed that's being hospitalized and dying in Canada and the US due to the Delta variant so I'm not going to comment on that. Generally, the unvaxxed that are being hospialitalized and dying now are getting younger and younger. Unlike before, a lot of kids are being hospialitalized now.

Besides, if one thinks being "healthy" is better protection against hospitalization and death due to
the Delta variant, I would say that's a false sense of security just looking at the Covid situation now.
sorry if 1 didnt make sense to you.
the problem was in the intial word " 1. they " they meaning vaccines.

let me break it down more descriptively.

1. if you catch covid, while being vaccinated, you are less likely to have serious conditions.

2. older people, obese people and immune compromised are far more likely to have serious(hospitalizing) conditions then healthy young people.. even with delta.

is that easier to understand and agree/disagree with now ?
Last edited by two on Sep 13th, 2021, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm Even the BCCDC website cautions against focusing on percentages, suggesting that we need to look at actual case numbers in conjunction with all other factors.
Not to make percentages our only focus, but they are certainly not saying we should ignore them. The biggest single percentage supporting vaccines is that the majority of hospitalizations are from unvaccinated people. Two's post earlier with reference to the outbreak at Duke University in North Carolina had a link that said while the majority of cases were among vaccinated people none of them required hospitalization. In North Carolina right now just about all of the cases they are dealing with are the Delta variant, much more transmissable and responsible for most of the breakthrough cases currently, but still hospitalization numbers are way lower for vaccinated people.

Edited to add: What would be interesting to track is the ratio of total cases to those requiring hospitalization as the vaccination program progressed in BC.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:25 pm
Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm
Yeah, those are smoke screens relative to who are being hospitalized and dying right now. ...[snip]... Those are the FACTS.
Well, you'll need to take it up with Bonnie Henry, Adrian Dix, et al. They're the ones who've posted the data on the BCCDC website - the data that I quoted directly.

Maybe you need to school them?

Just remember your above posts when you're complaining about all those unvaxxed who aren't believing to the experts. You, also, aren't believing the data put out by the experts.
~
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

two wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:27 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:18 pm

the Delta variant, I would say that's a false sense of security just looking at the Covid situation now.
sorry if 1 didnt make sense to you.
the problem was in the intial word " 1. they " they meaning vaccines.

let me break it down more descriptively.

1. if you catch covid, while being vaccinated, you are less likely to have serious conditions.

2. older people, obese people and immune compromised are far more likely to have serious(hospitalizing) conditions then healthy young people.. even with delta.

is that easier to understand and agree/disagree with now ?
It would have been waaaay easier to understand if you wrote that in the first place.

Yes I agree with both statements but here's the problem right now..........

Unvaccinated 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19, CDC study says

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... vid-19-cdc

97% Of People Entering Hospitals For COVID-19 Are Unvaccinated

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/10170128 ... vaccinated

100 per cent of COVID-related ICU admissions in last 30 days were unvaccinated

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/coronavi ... oh-4303249
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:39 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:25 pm

Yeah, those are smoke screens relative to who are being hospitalized and dying right now. ...[snip]... Those are the FACTS.
Well, you'll need to take it up with Bonnie Henry, Adrian Dix, et al. They're the ones who've posted the data on the BCCDC website - the data that I quoted directly.

Maybe you need to school them?

Just remember your above posts when you're complaining about all those unvaxxed who aren't believing to the experts. You, also, aren't believing the data put out by the experts.
~
I'm not disputing their data, I'm just calling out that it's being used as smoke screens in this discussion as to who are in the hospitals and dying because that would be the unvaxxed, having NO protection against the Delta variant.

Even two agrees....point #1
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:52 pm Even two agrees....point #1
Not that 'two' is an authority on anything, unlike the BCCDC.

But nonetheless, I agreed with 'two' also (and btw, I understood his/her post without needing it to be re-written). Hence this part of my earlier post...
Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm ...[snip]... See two's response above^^ ...[snip]...
Selective reading, perhaps?
~
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 3:05 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:52 pm Even two agrees....point #1
Not that 'two' is an authority on anything, unlike the BCCDC.

But nonetheless, I agreed with 'two' also (and btw, I understood his/her post without needing it to be re-written). Hence this part of my earlier post...
Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm ...[snip]... See two's response above^^ ...[snip]...
Selective reading, perhaps?
~
What are you writing about and who has the selective memory.....here's what was posted......
if one has access and dont get the jabs then yeah, considering what is going on in the States and here as the hospitalizations and deaths are mostly from the unvaxxed, then that's ignoring what's going on and therefore "dolts"
.....then you went off on a different tangent about how ineffective the vaccines were against the Delta.....and if you agree with two's statement....
if you catch covid, while being vaccinated, you are less likely to have serious conditions.
Then I guess we are in agreement, the vaccines help the vaccinated from being hospitalized and dying.....is that what you meant by agreeing with two? :biggrin:
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

foenix wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Rejigger wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 3:05 pm Selective reading, perhaps?
What are you writing about and who has the selective memory.....here's what was posted......
Well that answers that question.

LOL!
~

Return to “Social Concerns”