Post by Vacancyrate »

Where did the flu go?

Flu shot clinics are all gone.

Did COVID eat the flu?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What happened to the flu season?

Post by OKkayak »

Vacancyrate wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:14 am Where did the flu go?

Did COVID eat the flu?
Flu clinics are not gone, they were there. In fact, last year, more people got the flu shot in BC compared to previous years. They'll be around this year again, usually start in October.
Last edited by OKkayak on Sep 14th, 2021, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

As of December 31 the flu is making a comeback in the US.

CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multi plexed method that can facilitate detection and DIFFERENTIATE of sars cov2 and influenza.
https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... ing_1.html
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Vacancyrate wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:14 am Flu shot clinics are all gone.
Click on Flu Clinic Locator.
https://www.interiorhealth.ca/YourHealt ... fault.aspx
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

From what I have read: previously flu and covid were tested for separately.
Now the covid only test will not be used, but a combo test which would be more efficient than running two separate tests.
Whether canada is also adopting this test, or will continue to use two separate tests, remains to be seen, I suppose.
Flu vaccine clinics were well attended last year, and probably will be this year as well, as things open up, there could very well be an uptick in flu exposures. For elderly seniors/Long term care residents health officials might even combine the covid and flu shots in one visit for efficiency. (and a little later in the fall).
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:17 pm From what I have read: previously flu and covid were tested for separately.
Now the covid only test will not be used, but a combo test which would be more efficient than running two separate tests.
Whether canada is also adopting this test, or will continue to use two separate tests, remains to be seen, I suppose.
Flu vaccine clinics were well attended last year, and probably will be this year as well, as things open up, there could very well be an uptick in flu exposures. For elderly seniors/Long term care residents health officials might even combine the covid and flu shots in one visit for efficiency. (and a little later in the fall).
I've read from many sources the current PCR test cannot distinguish between the two. I could be wrong though.

I go to a doctor with covid/flu like symptoms. The ONLY thing they do is send you for a PCR test that gets amplified 35-40x. They sure don't send you for a flu test. I may have a sars cov2 viral particle in the back of my throat, but I'm actually infected with the flu. What do you think the result of my test will show?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Vacancyrate wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:14 am Where did the flu go?

Did COVID eat the flu?
OKkayak wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:02 pmFlu clinics are not gone, they were there. In fact, last year, more people got the flu shot in BC compared to previous years. They'll be around this year again, usually start in October.
Just called the pharmacy - usually it's a toss-up between 2 different ones depending on how busy they are but seeing there's no timeline on when one will reopen, it'll be the one in the grocery store. Was told they are looking at mid-October for the vaccines.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

I've read from many sources the current PCR test cannot distinguish between the two. I could be wrong though.

I go to a doctor with covid/flu like symptoms. The ONLY thing they do is send you for a PCR test that gets amplified 35-40x. They sure don't send you for a flu test. I may have a sars cov2 viral particle in the back of my throat, but I'm actually infected with the flu. What do you think the result of my test will show?
The PCR test is a complete farce. Yes, you can test antibodies, but the antibodies are exactly the same for the supposed “Sars-Cov-2” as they are for normal coronaviruses – i.e., the cold. Yes, the cold is a coronavirus, and if you didn’t know that, you are definitely not really on the ball here in terms of your belief in this hoax. Here is the CDC page saying that the common coronavirus has all of the exact same symptoms as the Sars-Cov-2 coronavirus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/general ... ation.html

And here’s the NIH saying that the antibodies are the same.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... sars-cov-2

The death toll is being seriously inflated, as they just throw as many deaths as possible in the “coronavirus” category, it is the official policy of the CDC that anyone who tests positive for the virus – or is otherwise believed to have the virus – is marked as a “covid death” regardless of what actually killed them.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
harblz
Board Meister

Post by harblz »

WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:54 pm but the antibodies are exactly the same for the supposed “Sars-Cov-2” as they are for normal coronaviruses – i.e., the cold.

It does not say that the antibodies are the same, only that antibodies for the common cold may recognize the new cornoavirus. Its right there in the title.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:54 pm The death toll is being seriously inflated, as they just throw as many deaths as possible in the “coronavirus” category....
Sure. Individual physicians are risking losing their medical licences by falsifying cause of death on legal documents, to satisfy some Orwellian entity needing stats to back up their sinister plan for total control.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Missus just got an email from her work, their flu clinics start Oct 13.
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

Sure. Individual physicians are risking losing their medical licences by falsifying cause of death on legal documents, to satisfy some Orwellian entity needing stats to back up their sinister plan for total control.
They are not risking anything legally, the scam is actively being sanctioned by our institutions. They are using a PCR test which isn't even a diagnostic tool, to inflate numbers. That's why the average age of death is in the 80's and other people with co-morbidities, cancers, heart disease etc. Maye start using your critical thinking skills a bit, we have people running around with masks shooting stuff into their bloodstream for no reason. It would be funny if they weren't trying to drag the rest of us into this mass mental illness.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:54 pm
The PCR test is a complete farce. Yes, you can test antibodies, but the antibodies are exactly the same for the supposed “Sars-Cov-2” as they are for normal coronaviruses – i.e., the cold. Yes, the cold is a coronavirus, and if you didn’t know that, you are definitely not really on the ball here in terms of your belief in this hoax. Here is the CDC page saying that the common coronavirus has all of the exact same symptoms as the Sars-Cov-2 coronavirus.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/general ... ation.html
The death toll is being seriously inflated, as they just throw as many deaths as possible in the “coronavirus” category, it is the official policy of the CDC that anyone who tests positive for the virus – or is otherwise believed to have the virus – is marked as a “covid death” regardless of what actually killed them.
Cross-reactivity does not mean antibodies are exactly the same, and it does not mean that two viruses that trigger them are therefore the same. Obviously symptoms from a cold and coronavirus can be very very different, since it would be rare for someone to die from a cold, certainly no where near the rate of hospitalization, ICU admission or deaths, compared to covid. They can have similar symptoms in the first few days, or in a nearly asymptomatic case.
People who are allergic to bananas can also cross react to latex, that doesn't mean they are the same.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 3:31 pm
They are not risking anything legally, the scam is actively being sanctioned by our institutions. They are using a PCR test which isn't even a diagnostic tool, to inflate numbers. That's why the average age of death is in the 80's and other people with co-morbidities, cancers, heart disease etc. Maye start using your critical thinking skills a bit, we have people running around with masks shooting stuff into their bloodstream for no reason. It would be funny if they weren't trying to drag the rest of us into this mass mental illness.
Aside from a few other wrong statements, which stuff are people shooting into their bloodstream?
nanita
Banned

Post by nanita »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 5:32 pm
WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Aside from a few other wrong statements, which stuff are people shooting into their bloodstream?
My Lord some posters are on this forum 24/7 like it's their job, give it a rest for the love of God and go see a doctor about your Covid arm.

Return to “Health”