Federal Election 2021

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Federal Election 2021

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 5:32 pm Image
There's that famous Trudeau arrogance. Again.

Good for her for standing up to him.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 8:14 pmThere's that famous Trudeau arrogance. Again.

Good for her for standing up to him.
Trudeau should have taken a page out of Harper's book. JT should have handpicked who interviews him. And pick 5 vetted questions from partisan journalists for press conferences.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 8:09 pm
Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 7:56 pm The party's gettin' rough.
What is it with conservatives and violence?
American Insurrectionists wannabe.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 8:19 pm
Trudeau should have taken a page out of Harper's book. JT should have handpicked who interviews him. And pick 5 vetted questions from partisan journalists for press conferences.
Haha, Justin thought the 600 million fix was in, it's refreshing to see that some journalists have more of a spine than sock boy, and possess a functioning moral compass.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 5:32 pm Image
Just watched the full video. She did a very good job of not letting him get away with any of his usual nonsense.

He did his usual "Canadians know..." "Canadians want us to..." Oh, he "understands" how frustrated and impatient people are with his failures, which are apparently just a matter of perspective. He truly seems to think people those are not his failures as a prime minister - that people struggling to get out of Afghanistan while he plotted a snap election, and Chief Casimir who waited for him to find a reason to come to her reserve, and the rest of us, we just experience all of these things differently than he does. What a dingbat.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

There is a huge sign up on Gordon ( amongst all the other signs,, a few blocks just one sign after another) saying
not to deface Political signs
I imagine when I drive past this morning it will have been defaced
I see no benefits in the signs, except I guess in yards - so you can judge your neighbours voting pick
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 7:51 pm
Why? Because conservatives would be an even smaller minority?
Because Leftists, who never consider consequences of extremely bad decisions, wouldn't ever get anything they wanted, and then immediately would want to change everything again. The only reason that anyone would support such an awful system is that they think extremely stupid ideas would get approved and even fast tracked. They are wrong.

There is no way that people could ever be well informed enough to have an opinion on everything. Just look at man made climate change, and how many people "believe" it is real, despite having no actual proof it exists. The same goes for so many other issues. People just aren't informed enough. Direct democracy is a mind-numbingly stupid concept.
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Sep 15th, 2021, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ... e-backlash
The party confirmed that Dan Osborne, the candidate for the Nova Scotia riding of Cumberland-Colchester, and Sidney Coles, the candidate for Toronto-St. Paul's, ended their campaigns and "agreed to educate themselves further about antisemitism."
Not shocked by this from the NDP or any antisemitism by the Greens. :-X
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

doesn't sound like they whole heart accept the " sorry"
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-ndp- ... -1.5586099
Her Twitter account is gone now
thud.. she has a PhD! wonder if she'll be getting lots of new contracts

I am an experienced gender equity, gender mainstreaming, and integration consultant. I also specialize in program and policy development, monitoring and evaluation. As a change facilitator and evaluator, I will work closely with your team, either online or onsite, to make sure your organization is ready and equipped to succeed in the frontier of gender equity, diversity and inclusion. I have experience carrying large scale participatory gender audits, gender equity training and GBA+ policy analysis. "
Her Instagram acct still up
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

normaM wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 1:46 am There is a huge sign up on Gordon ( amongst all the other signs,, a few blocks just one sign after another) saying
not to deface Political signs
I imagine when I drive past this morning it will have been defaced
I see no benefits in the signs, except I guess in yards - so you can judge your neighbours voting pick
I saw a few defaced PPC signs today.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

one of the " don't deface political signs was of course defaced this AM
Lots are torn and tossed in the gutter
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JagXKR wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 7:11 am https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ... e-backlash
The party confirmed that Dan Osborne, the candidate for the Nova Scotia riding of Cumberland-Colchester, and Sidney Coles, the candidate for Toronto-St. Paul's, ended their campaigns and "agreed to educate themselves further about antisemitism."
Not shocked by this from the NDP or any antisemitism by the Greens. :-X
Is anyone shocked by this outpouring of hatred toward Jews and Israel from the disgusting NDP? These idiots played footsie with evil British Jew-hating Leftist scum, a fact that was largely ignored by the media and by Leftist aficionados here, despite many postings and attention being drawn to the NDP hate mongering.

Resign Jagmeet, you've built and tolerated a giant den of evil haters. Just so disgusting and so awful. You suck NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 4:00 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 7:51 pm
Why? Because conservatives would be an even smaller minority?
Because Leftists, who never consider consequences of extremely bad decisions, wouldn't ever get anything they wanted, and then immediately would want to change everything again. The only reason that anyone would support such an awful system is that they think extremely stupid ideas would get approved and even fast tracked. They are wrong.

There is no way that people could ever be well informed enough to have an opinion on everything. Just look at man made climate change, and how many people "believe" it is real, despite having no actual proof it exists. The same goes for so many other issues. People just aren't informed enough. Direct democracy is a mind-numbingly stupid concept.
The reality is that "leftists" in the CPC aficionado mind are anyone who believes in real science and real facts. Thank you for confirming that.

Canada is a progressive country, one that moves forward based on real science and real facts. Even Conservative strategists know that.

It really is a simple thing, Canadians want their collective lives to get better and make progress toward their ideals for their children and grandchildren.

They don't want the bad stuff from the past, like discrimination against the LGBTQ community, the discrimination against minorities, indigenous folks, women, and other minorities to be part of that future.

They don't want man made climate change to derail the future of their children and grandchildren.

They want their children and grandchildren to live in a caring society that supports them.

They want a future for themselves that can see those ideals flower.

Backward and uniformed "thinking" like man made climate change denial is not for Canadians writ large.

Canadians want to tackle issues head on and find creative ways to move forward to a better future, not stick their heads in the sand and pretend that problems and issues don't exist.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I'm voting for the "A.B.C." party (Anything But Conservative) the only choice we have to avoid more years of "Harper-isms". No thank you! :130:
Attachments
abc.jpg
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

pentona wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 11:00 am I'm voting for the "A.B.C." party (Anyone But Conservative) the only choice we have to avoid more years of "Harper-isms". No thank you! :130:
I am voting for the"A.B.L.L" party (Anyone But Loser Leftists), the only choice to avoid more years of "Left-isms". No thank you! :130:

Return to “Canada”