Rona outfitted in Christmas already

A potpourri of off-topics.
drex1999
Board Meister

Rona outfitted in Christmas already

Post by drex1999 »

Almost 1 1/2 months before Halloween. I'll see you all at Home Depot until November.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Rona outfitted in Christmas already

Post by Catsumi »

Already??

More’s the reason I shop via Amazon frequently now….Shop at my time discretion, free delivery to my door by a cheerful van driver, no driving/parking issues.

I once enjoyed shopping in person (touchy, feely, reading ingredient labels), but that is now past. Being in the elderly side of life and short tempered to boot, I can see that more of us oldsters are giving up on shopping in person and doing it by online instead. These stores that consistently go against the wishes of their customers will soon find themselves downsizing. Pushing Christmas before Halloween is just one more irritant.

Bad enough the mask bs,the choice of muzak that makes me nuts, and then the cashier twiddling thumbs while I pack my own purchases and pay at the same time. Add to that the Christmas “suggested for purchase” long before the actual season is an .AAAARGGGHHHHH moment.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We need a Law against bringing Christmas stuff out too soon! :-X
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 24th, 2021, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^

Haha, guess you shortened my diatribe to the heart of the matter, Suds
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

No fighting the crowds to get Xmas gifts ... bought a Christmas gift for my gf and it was delivered to my house yesterday. A few more gifts for friends who live close by will be delivered to me once I decide what they need/want. The fruit of my loins will get an e-transfer a week or so before Christmas but will also get a couple of gifts delivered to their respective residences a few days before Santa comes down the chimney.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

See, you are there, probably before I was, shopping online.

At one time ai looked forward to shopping excursions, but now find it to be a massive PIA exercise.

Unknown
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

Catsumi wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 6:36 pm These stores that consistently go against the wishes of their customers will soon find themselves downsizing. Pushing Christmas before Halloween is just one more irritant.
I wasn't joking when I said I won't be back until Nov. I hope others do as well and we vote with our money or in this instance, lack thereof.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^

Consider it Done

We, the peeps who object to this Christmas stuffing before Halloween, must hang onto our wallets and vote “no sale” to these merchants of Season pushing.

I do feel somewhat sorry for their plight, considering that the Covid Curse that must have shoved a wrench into their bottom line, but for Gawd’s sake, ease off on pushing seasons!

Before you know it, Easter Hare will be selling bonnets.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I here advertising christmas in July sales or early black friday :swear:

I’m not big shopper in first place... all this does is make me even less of a shopper.

Last November 12th I walked into a grocery store and walked right out as they were playing christmas music.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Anything to do with Christmas should sit in the store's backrooms and not be merchandised and/or displayed until November 12th.

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

oneh2obabe wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 8:04 pm Anything to do with Christmas should sit in the store's backrooms and not be merchandised and/or displayed until November 12th.
AGREED ! ...

Lest we forget .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

:smt045 I agree.... :smt045 :130:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Let’s hope that managers of big box and local stores read these comments. Enough, already!

Unknown
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 6:41 pm We need a Law against bringing Christmas stuff out too soon! :-X
What difference does it make?

Does it offend you in some way?

What's so bad about it?

Do you also get all upset if you see a bike being sold in winter?

Return to “Grab Bag”