Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

Post by The Green Barbarian »

In case anyone was wondering if Justin and his gang of fetid Liberal scum were in bed with the Chinese commies, the answer is a resounding YES. I thought Obama's foreign interference in 2019 was disgusting and awful, but this Chinese interference in our democratic process really takes the cake, and guess who benefits from it, again. The Liberals are not just disgusting, they are completely evil too.
FIRST READING: Did pro-Beijing groups decide Canada’s election?

After digging through unexpectedly high Liberal vote counts in Vancouver and Toronto, former Conservative organizer Karamveer Lalh concluded in a tweet thread that up to a dozen seats in heavily Chinese-Canadian areas may have been lost to the Conservatives due to Chinese-language efforts by pro-Beijing groups . Lalh added that Canadian media and pollsters often fail to grasp the electoral forces that play out within minority communities, citing his own experience seeing rampant Punjabi-language election misinformation being spread on platforms such as WeChat and Facebook.
Screenshot 2021-09-24 102913.jpg
Defeated Vancouver-area Conservative Kenny Chiu certainly is strongly of the opinion that his staunchly anti-Beijing stance painted a target on his back . The Hong Kong-born Chiu lost his seat in Steveston-Richmond East by 3,000 votes; a defeat well out of proportion to the overall results of Election 44. Chiu was dogged throughout the campaign by Mandarin-language misinformation on WeChat, a popular Chinese social media site. A private member’s bill introduced by Chiu requiring foreign agents to register with Ottawa, for instance, was spun as a measure to track and suppress anyone with links to China.

South China Morning Post correspondent Ian Young also noticed a phenomenon of heavily Chinese-Canadian districts turning dramatically against the Tories . Richmond, Canada’s most Chinese city, bucked national trends by defeating Richmond Centre Conservative MP Alice Wong – despite the fact that she won the riding by more than 20 points in 2019.

The People’s Republic of China did indeed take a particularly active stance against the Conservatives in Election 44 . During the election, Chinese ambassador Cong Peiwu gave an interview denouncing parties that “smear” China, while the Communist Party-run Global Times ran an editorial promising a “strong counterstrike” in the event of Conservative victory.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/f ... d=msedgntp
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

Post by Catsumi »

From Green Barbarian’s link:

“ A private member’s bill introduced by Chiu requiring foreign agents to register with Ottawa, for instance, was spun as a measure to track and suppress anyone with links to China.”

Just wondering whatever became of Chiu’s bill. Was it ever heard in Parliament or was it “buried” before it got traction?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 5:37 pm From Green Barbarian’s link:

“ A private member’s bill introduced by Chiu requiring foreign agents to register with Ottawa, for instance, was spun as a measure to track and suppress anyone with links to China.”

Just wondering whatever became of Chiu’s bill. Was it ever heard in Parliament or was it “buried” before it got traction?
Here is his Bill https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/4 ... st-reading
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yup. There is the bill for all to see.

Looks to me like it died like a May fly.

So, it would seem that there was NO interest at all to prevent Chinese influence in our election.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Awesome. As long as the liberals stay in power I am happy. It goes to show that no one likes conservatives - including china.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Man, some of the bitterness by the Conservative moonies just gets deeper and deeper. It's Cuba, it's China, it's the Democrats in the US. Maybe, just maybe, the election was lost because 85 percent of O'Toole's candidates wouldn't reveal whether they'd been vaccinated or not. Or they just didn't believe that the Alberta and Saskatchewan backbenchers in his party would ever allow O'Toole to introduce a carbon tax.

There was an election. We voted. The Conservatives came second. Grow up and accept it. What a buncha whiners.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

bob vernon wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 8:30 pm Man, some of the bitterness by the Conservative moonies just gets deeper and deeper. It's Cuba, it's China, it's the Democrats in the US. Maybe, just maybe, the election was lost because 85 percent of O'Toole's candidates wouldn't reveal whether they'd been vaccinated or not. Or they just didn't believe that the Alberta and Saskatchewan backbenchers in his party would ever allow O'Toole to introduce a carbon tax.

There was an election. We voted. The Conservatives came second. Grow up and accept it. What a buncha whiners.
Attachments
this.gif
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

bob vernon wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 8:30 pm Man, some of the bitterness by the Conservative moonies just gets deeper and deeper. It's Cuba, it's China, it's the Democrats in the US. Maybe, just maybe, the election was lost because 85 percent of O'Toole's candidates wouldn't reveal whether they'd been vaccinated or not. Or they just didn't believe that the Alberta and Saskatchewan backbenchers in his party would ever allow O'Toole to introduce a carbon tax.

Don't forget Obama. It's really not a good look. If they would regroup, ditch the social issues and focus on their strengths they might get elected. They've lost 3 times in a row and doubling down on what doesn't work won't help.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

And here I thought we were discussing the topic.

Seems not.

Unknown
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

OP is looking for any excuse to not take ownership of why the Conservatives didn't win. The Liberals won for one reason, voters voted for them.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I'm pretty sure that most Canadians other than those like the OP were wise enough to see flip-flop O'Toole was not a good choice without the help of the Chinese commies.
Last edited by crookedmember on Sep 24th, 2021, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

JLives wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 9:11 pm OP is looking for any excuse to not take ownership of why the Conservatives didn't win. The Liberals won for one reason, voters voted for them.
That was simply because the Conservatives didn't put any effort into creating a platform worth stumping about. It was leftovers from that other guy that was just about at its best before date. Conservatives need to throw out the recycling and give something to Canadians that they can embrace today. Not things that their spidey senses tell them are shady and a bait and switch. The onus is on conservatives. Not on Trudeau and the rest of Canadians.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I guess the Chinese commies were smarter than the UK fascists Tiny O'Toole imported at great expense to help him lose a third time to Trudeau.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I thought it was all about the cabal of irregulars that was sacrificing the jam out of pop tarts for Trudeau to win?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The bill looks to be targeting lobbyists working for foreign interests, which on the surface is not really a bad thing in my mind. Is this an area where our current lobbying regulations fall short ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Canada”