Who should be blamed for bad decisions?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
spooker

Re: Who should be blamed for bad decisions?

Post by spooker »

common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 2:34 pm
WESTman wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 6:10 pm

The people are to blame, they keep buying into scams decade after decade and century after century.
How would you account for the people who genuinely just aren't smart enough to look things up themselves or do the due diligence? Is it still on them even though they don't have the mental capacity to figure it out?
And if so then you must not be against if people scam little kids who don't know any better. Can't have it both ways
There's a big difference between an adult who refuses to become informed and a kid who hasn't the tools yet ... the whole reason that spam is still so prevalent is because people want to believe they can luck into free money but should really know better ... too often people are inconvenienced by having to learn something new after they graduated school
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

A friend of mine growing up used to sucker his younger brother.........."how would you like this BIG, FAT nickel for that SKINNY LITTLE dime!.......worked every time until the Dad witnessed it. He sure took on a lot of chores for a few weeks after that.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

spooker wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 2:37 pm
common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 2:34 pm
How would you account for the people who genuinely just aren't smart enough to look things up themselves or do the due diligence? Is it still on them even though they don't have the mental capacity to figure it out?
And if so then you must not be against if people scam little kids who don't know any better. Can't have it both ways
There's a big difference between an adult who refuses to become informed and a kid who hasn't the tools yet ... the whole reason that spam is still so prevalent is because people want to believe they can luck into free money but should really know better ... too often people are inconvenienced by having to learn something new after they graduated school
You completely missed my point that you're failing to realize there are adults out there that do not even have the intelligence of a school kid. What about them, there are still a lot of our parents alive today that we're lucky to have a grade 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 level of education. And the level of Education in that time was a lot less than what it is now for the same age now you must also keep in mind
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
spooker

Post by spooker »

common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 11:23 pm
spooker wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 2:37 pm There's a big difference between an adult who refuses to become informed and a kid who hasn't the tools yet ... the whole reason that spam is still so prevalent is because people want to believe they can luck into free money but should really know better ... too often people are inconvenienced by having to learn something new after they graduated school
You completely missed my point that you're failing to realize there are adults out there that do not even have the intelligence of a school kid. What about them, there are still a lot of our parents alive today that we're lucky to have a grade 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 level of education. And the level of Education in that time was a lot less than what it is now for the same age now you must also keep in mind
I know quite a few adults like that ... and they have another person to help them ... and I know people who didn't make it through school but know what they don't know ... and then there are people who absolutely refuse to believe they're not a genius but never pick up a book or read a newspaper as the world changes around them ...

It's the last category that I have the issue with ...

Return to “Social Concerns”