Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 2:50 pm People have bought into BS that CCP is dishing out hook, line and sinker. Sooner or later it’s going comeback to bit these fools in the :cuss:.

I will sit back and say I told you so.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

JLives wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 9:11 pm OP is looking for any excuse to not take ownership of why the Conservatives didn't win. The Liberals won for one reason, voters voted for them.
To borrow from another poster.......

Exactly.

It’s hilarious to see the machinations about what a great job O’Toole did, and how evil the liberals are.

People voted them in.....again. That is the democratic process we have in Canada. To ascribe "evil" to the process or the results is probably the most evil act of all.
You and 71 others Like this post
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The bitterness. The BS. The fictional rants.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 3:09 pm The bitterness. The BS. The fictional rants.
I agree. The Liberals are so bitter that they accepted the help of Chinese commies, and still lost the election. Talk about a campaign that failed to resonate with voters. Resign Justin! We see you and your corrupt pals!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

daria wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 1:57 pmConcerns about human rights abuses should be enough for us to criticize the CCP.
But does that criticism have to take the form of severing all contact ? I'm saying that yes, we should be aware of their controversial policies, and take steps to shelter Canadian businesses and citizens from any possible effects those policies might have for them, but make an enemy out of them ? Not a good idea in my mind. It is expected that China will surpass the US as the world's largest economic power before the end of this decade, we have to be a little smarter than simply calling them names and cutting off their wheat shipments.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

fluffy wrote: we have to be a little smarter than simply calling them names
After three successive election losses you would think there might be some effort put into self-reflection. Conservatives are such slow learners.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^ very. BUt they can't give it a rest. sad really
Maybe next election they can run a Potato and see if that works better
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Ka-El wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 4:44 pm
fluffy wrote: we have to be a little smarter than simply calling them names
After three successive election losses you would think there might be some effort put into self-reflection. Conservatives are such slow learners.
Canada has only 2 winning political parties... its either Conservatives or Liberals, the closest a third party has come is opposition.
Main reason for that is nobody could stand the Liberal leader, even their own liberal supporters.

impo the conservative party needs to completely rethink how they elect a leader, last 2 have been complete duds.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

fluffy wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 3:31 pm
daria wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 1:57 pmConcerns about human rights abuses should be enough for us to criticize the CCP.
But does that criticism have to take the form of severing all contact ? I'm saying that yes, we should be aware of their controversial policies, and take steps to shelter Canadian businesses and citizens from any possible effects those policies might have for them, but make an enemy out of them ? Not a good idea in my mind. It is expected that China will surpass the US as the world's largest economic power before the end of this decade, we have to be a little smarter than simply calling them names and cutting off their wheat shipments.
There are zero critiques of what the CCP is doing to the Uyghur Muslim population in China. If Western governments (including our own) stood up to them, perhaps we could influence them to free the Uyghurs from their "re-education" camps (and stop the forced abortions and forced sterilizations).
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

fluffy wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 12:56 pm
bb49 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 11:07 am What's my plan? I have one.
Cutting off all ties with china? Cut as much as possible.
Chinese money just as good? Then so is the cash that your neighbourhood fentanyl dealer has in his pocket. Would you do business with him?

How about giving your head a real big shake.
How about reading up a bit on what that despicable country has been up to in regards to abuses of human rights.
And you don't give a damn about what they just did to two of our citizens, and some of you are prepared to simply move on.

My plan?
I'll carry on as I always have. Buying as few goods as possible that say Made in China.

The rest of you, just keep your membership up to date in the United Front. Xi will keep you on his Christmas list. He loves Canadians like you.

What gives us the right to tell China how to run their country ? I don't care for the way Wal-Mart does business, but I shop there now and then if it's something I can't find anywhere else. Canada does close to $100 Billion in trade per year with China, what do you say to the people in Canada whose jobs depend on that money ? While I respect your right to refuse to buy Chinese goods you do not have the right to make that decision for others.
Reading comprehension is useful prior to responding to comments.

Now please point out to us where I'm telling China how to run their country?

And please tell us where I'm making decisions for others.

Or are you mistakingly responding to the wrong comment?

As for China, I have no use for that despicable country.
But if your love for China is offended by my comments, too bad. For the time being I'm still entitled to my opinion in this country.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Where is the proof that China supported the Liberals? I don't see anything? Not that I am not pleased if they did. They must know a good government and policies when they see one I guess.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:20 pm Where is the proof that China supported the Liberals? I don't see anything? Not that I am not pleased if they did. They must know a good government and policies when they see one I guess.
No, they know a cooperative government when they see one.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:48 pm
nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:20 pm Where is the proof that China supported the Liberals? I don't see anything? Not that I am not pleased if they did. They must know a good government and policies when they see one I guess.
No, they know a cooperative government when they see one.
Not necessarily only that, I suspect they see gullible government leader.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 4:47 pm ^ very. BUt they can't give it a rest. sad really
Maybe next election they can run a Potato and see if that works better
Or a "Little potato" as Justin's Chinese commie buddies call him.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GordonH wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:52 pm
Not necessarily only that, I suspect they see gullible government leader.

Return to “Canada”