Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LILLEY: Investigation needed on whether China interfered in Canada's election

Last February, David Vigneault, the director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, gave a speech that warned of the potential for foreign interference in Canadian elections. The vote we had on Monday likely saw the very actions that Vigneault was warning about.

This isn’t to say that the purported interference was substantial enough to change the outcome of the election, but it does appear that there is enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

Kenny Chiu, the now-former Conservative MP for Steveston-Richmond East, says there was definitely a campaign of misinformation against him and other Conservative MPs. He’s not blaming the Liberal opponent who won the riding on Monday night, but feels he was targeted by others due to his stance against the Chinese Communist party.

“There were anonymously authored articles posted on WeChat criticizing not just myself but my party, my leader,” Chiu said.

Chiu introduced a private member’s bill in the House of Commons this year meant to require anyone representing any foreign government in Canada to register as an agent of that government.

SNIP

Chiu, who was born in Hong Kong and is ethnically Chinese, was also blamed for spreading anti-Asian racism for criticizing China’s dictatorship. His support of a motion accusing China of genocide for its treatment of Uyghur Muslims was also used to criticize him as an enemy of China.

The criticisms of Chiu mirrored the criticisms that come from the Communist party in Beijing.

He noted that colleagues like Alice Wong, also from Hong Kong, was defeated, as was Bob Saroya, another Conservative MP who represented the riding of Markham-Unionville in Ontario. All three of these MPs were in ridings with a high number of Chinese Canadians.

SNIP

Charles Burton, a former Canadian diplomat who spent time at our embassy in Beijing, told Postmedia this week that an investigation should be launched. I’d have to say that I agree but I’m not hopeful because too often we don’t take these threats seriously, at least not at the political level.

After the 2015 election, a report was submitted to Parliament detailing how American money had been used to fund third-party groups in Canada during that campaign. Nothing came of the report — it was ignored and foreign money can still be used to advance political causes in this country in the middle of an election.

Let’s hope the security officials take this issue more seriously than the politicians do, and that they speak loudly and publicly about what they find.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... s-election
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

bb49 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:48 pm
nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:20 pm Where is the proof that China supported the Liberals? I don't see anything? Not that I am not pleased if they did. They must know a good government and policies when they see one I guess.
No, they know a cooperative government when they see one.
So more conservative woke fake news then? That's what I figured.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Or we're just people who recognize that the CCP is not a force for good in this world... in addition to their own internment camps, they're propping up the largest concentration camp on the planet: North Korea.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

daria wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:30 pm Or we're just people who recognize that the CCP is not a force for good in this world... in addition to their own internment camps, they're propping up the largest concentration camp on the planet: North Korea.
Yeah, seems their dirty work in Tibet is all but forgotten now.

After they murdered thousands of peaceful Monks and citizenry the Chinese now claim they have “always” owned Tibet.

This is a shameful history as Westerners looked aside and let it happen.

Someday, it will be the land of Nod, Canada, possibly. We seem to be compliant and unwilling to fight back.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 021-08-19/
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 25th, 2021, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Catsumi wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 7:00 pm
daria wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:30 pm Or we're just people who recognize that the CCP is not a force for good in this world... in addition to their own internment camps, they're propping up the largest concentration camp on the planet: North Korea.

After they murdered thousands of peaceful Monks and citizenry the Chinese now claim they have “always” owned Tibet.

Yes, but let's let them have influence in our politics, and such a close relationship with JT. Oh liberals.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Someday, it will be the land of Nod, Canada, possibly. We seem to be compliant and unwilling to fight back.

Self proclaimed international police I guess didn’t see any value in Tibet, it was the same for Rwanda.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Per article:
"After digging through unexpectedly high Liberal vote counts in Vancouver and Toronto, former Conservative organizer Karamveer Lalh concluded in a tweet thread that up to a dozen seats in heavily Chinese-Canadian areas may have been lost to the Conservatives due to Chinese-language efforts by pro-Beijing groups."

The article doesn't mention where these 12 seats are.
Which ridings exactly?
Anyone knows?
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Those here who are expecting a better outcome from a firm embrace with the Chinese totalitarian state….please….step back and take a good, long and clear-eyed look at what happens when falling down on your knees to do “business” with murderers.

Google is your pal, as is the library with many books available that the Chinese cannot alter in their favour. They have control now of internet publications whitewashing what they did in Tibet. They make it appear as though Tibetans begged them to overtake their social structures.

Open your eyes.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

PoplarSoul wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 7:17 pm Per article:
"After digging through unexpectedly high Liberal vote counts in Vancouver and Toronto, former Conservative organizer Karamveer Lalh concluded in a tweet thread that up to a dozen seats in heavily Chinese-Canadian areas may have been lost to the Conservatives due to Chinese-language efforts by pro-Beijing groups."

The article doesn't mention where these 12 seats are.
Which ridings exactly?
Anyone knows?
No, they are mystery ridings. But a pizza delivery guy swears that he saw thousands of ballots with traces of bamboo fibre in them being stuffed into ballot boxes at the polls. Wait, it was a Chinese food delivery guy bringing food to the poll workers. Yeah, yeah.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:16 pm
GordonH wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:52 pm
Not necessarily only that, I suspect they see gullible government leader.
^^^^X2^^^^^ :smt045
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I get a chuckle out of how easy Castapundits on China make everything. Especially the conservative woke ones. China isn't an open country. You go there and you stick out like a sore thumb. Even more, if you send a tall NBA Black player. That gets the children and villages talking!

I find it extremely hypocritical to say that China is terrible because of their so-called detention camps - while our closest ally has been holding prisoners in Guantanamo without due process or rights for 20 years. There are still 39 prisoners there to this day in Cuba. No lawyers - no courts - no justice. A conservative republican legacy to this very day. But of course, we have no problem excusing this reality and virtue signalling about China. We have mass graves of starved and neglected indigenous children who for lack of a better term were in "camps" up until the 60's - but that wasn't anyone's fault because it was so many years ago.

The fact is - that as long as we in the "west" continue to give China the ability to point a finger back at us - then we don't have the moral high ground at all. Quite the opposite. We have all seen and heard about the apple devices we crave in the west are made by Chinese who jump off the tops of buildings because they are so miserable. Our consumerism drives that. As such we bear some responsibility. There have been power shifts and rising powers for eons. Right now we have Europe and America in decline while China is on the rise. China has fed our consumerism and materialism. And that gave them the cold hard cash to build a modern military right under our noses.

Back in the early 1800's no one was going to be able to tell America and their naval and trade expansionism to stop. Or tell the Prussians, to go easy in western Africa. Or in the 1600's no one was going to tell France, England, Portugal, the Dutch and Spain not to cavort around the globe and pitch a flag for royalty and country. No one was able to tell the US, UK, Russia and the allies not to carve up Germany or end up in a cold war. Or fight in proxy wars in Asia for material greed and control. And yet here we are - trying to tell a country 5 plus thousand years old - that has 18 percent of the global population alone - that they must capitulate to our economic and material interests - and also give in to our own expansionism in the seas surrounding Asia.

Last I checked - no one was able to make demands of America to end the 20-year war that eventually lead to another war based on lies. And yet here we are thinking we can preach to China? Are people crazy? That is pretty egomaniacal if you ask me. I think people need to wake up and realize that China won't back down. They won't play fair. And they will easily win another protracted war with the same tech or better than we have. And it's because we in the west have become soft. We left Vietnam with a bloody nose despite better tech. We used puppets to fight for us around the globe as a hands-off instigator. We told the Russians to hold my beer in Afghanistan - and finally conceded with a mass exodus just like they did. And as a parting gift, we in the west looked like idiots when we drone struck a family that had nothing to do with the attacks on the airport.

No one cares about Boomer delusions in regards to our ability to be the tough guy around the globe anymore. It's a new century - and we are all along for the ride. Maybe we will all be speaking mandarin soon. You never know. Especially after China buries all of us economically. This may happen soon with the evergreen property holding Ponzi scheme out of China. It's gonna rock the whole globe with our interconnected markets and investments and banks. And then the only thing to be able to print money carte blanche will be another war. Maybe with China. That should be fun to watch.......
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:28 pm
bb49 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 5:48 pm
No, they know a cooperative government when they see one.
So more conservative woke fake news then? That's what I figured.
But no woke, fake news from the guy that said
There’s a level of admiration I actually have for China. Their basic dictatorship is actually allowing them to turn their economy around on a dime.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 2:27 pm
bob vernon wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 8:30 pm
There was an election. We voted. The Conservatives came second. Grow up and accept it. What a buncha whiners.
"We" didn't vote, that's the point. Our election was rigged by Chinese communists.
Straight from Trump’s playbook. What an evil disgusting statement. So unCanadian. Just yuck.
You and 71 others Like this post
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

LANDM wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 5:58 am
The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 2:27 pm

"We" didn't vote, that's the point. Our election was rigged by Chinese communists.
Straight from Trump’s playbook. What an evil disgusting statement. So unCanadian. Just yuck.
It's the losers' technique now, if you lose, it's not about you, it's someone else's fault you lost. If we're going by the States, next up will be all those provinces controlled by the CPC demanding recounts and "forensic" audits of election votes followed by gerrymandering and voter suppression legislation. [icon_lol2.gif]
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 3:04 am I get a chuckle out of how easy Castapundits on China make everything. Especially the conservative woke ones. China isn't an open country. You go there and you stick out like a sore thumb. Even more, if you send a tall NBA black player. That gets the children and villages talking!

I find it extremely hypocritical to say that China is terrible because of their so-called detention camps - while our closest ally has been holding prisoners in Guantanamo without due process or rights for 20 years. There are still 39 prisoners there to this day in Cuba. No lawyers - no courts - no justice. A conservative republican legacy to this very day. But of course, we have no problem excusing this reality and virtue signalling about China. We have mass graves of starved and neglected indigenous children who for lack of a better term were in "camps" up until the 60's - but that wasn't anyone's fault because it was so many years ago.

The fact is - that as long as we in the "west" continue to give China the ability to point a finger back at us - then we don't have the moral high ground at all. Quite the opposite. We have all seen and heard about the apple devices we crave in the west are made by Chinese who jump off the tops of buildings because they are so miserable. Our consumerism drives that. As such we bear some responsibility. There have been power shifts and rising powers for eons. Right now we have Europe and America in decline while China is on the rise. China has fed our consumerism and materialism. And that gave them the cold hard cash to build a modern military right under our noses.

Back in the early 1800's no one was going to be able to tell America and their naval and trade expansionism to stop. Or tell the Prussians, to go easy in western Africa. Or in the 1600's no one was going to tell France, England, Portugal, the Dutch and Spain not to cavort around the globe and pitch a flag for royalty and country. No one was able to tell the US, UK, Russia and the allies not to carve up Germany or end up in a cold war. Or fight in proxy wars in Asia for material greed and control. And yet here we are - trying to tell a country 5 plus thousand years old - that has 18 percent of the global population alone - that they must capitulate to our economic and material interests - and also give in to our own expansionism in the seas surrounding Asia.

Last I checked - no one was able to make demands of America to end the 20-year war that eventually lead to another war based on lies. And yet here we are thinking we can preach to China? Are people crazy? That is pretty egomaniacal if you ask me. I think people need to wake up and realize that China won't back down. They won't play fair. And they will easily win another protracted war with the same tech or better than we have. And it's because we in the west have become soft. We left Vietnam with a bloody nose despite better tech. We used puppets to fight for us around the globe as a hands-off instigator. We told the Russians to hold my beer in Afghanistan - and finally conceded with a mass exodus just like they did. And as a parting gift, we in the west looked like idiots when we drone struck a family that had nothing to do with the attacks on the airport.

No one cares about Boomer delusions in regards to our ability to be the tough guy around the globe anymore. It's a new century - and we are all along for the ride. Maybe we will all be speaking mandarin soon. You never know. Especially after China buries all of us economically. This may happen soon with the evergreen property holding Ponzi scheme out of China. It's gonna rock the whole globe with our interconnected markets and investments and banks. And then the only thing to be able to print money carte blanche will be another war. Maybe with China. That should be fun to watch.......
I am not a Boomer... but it's weird that you would compare Gitmo to an estimated 3 million Uyghur Muslims in almost 400 internment camps. I do note that you completely avoided the CCP propping up North Korea's concentration camp country.

Return to “Canada”