Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

foenix
Guru

Re: Chinese commies hand Liberals 12 seats

Post by foenix »

I thought this thread was about election interference by the Chinese. Isnt there another thread for US and Chinese atrocities?
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

foenix wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:20 am I thought this thread was about election interference by the Chinese. Isnt there another thread for US and Chinese atrocities?
One poster asked why we should be interfering in how China runs its government, so past and current atrocities were brought up to show why Canada (and other western governments) should stand up to the CCP. Additionally, these atrocties show why we should be concerned about any potential interference in our elections and governance.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

daria wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:25 am
foenix wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:20 am I thought this thread was about election interference by the Chinese. Isnt there another thread for US and Chinese atrocities?
One poster asked why we should be interfering in how China runs its government, so past and current atrocities were brought up to show why Canada (and other western governments) should stand up to the CCP. Additionally, these atrocties show why we should be concerned about any potential interference in our elections and governance.
We should be concerned about election interference in our elections, period.......Regardless of the atrocities committed by those countries as that's irrelevant and usually most countries have blood in their past or the present.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

so if they handed 12 seats why did they fail to hand JT a Majority Govt? Or are we now saying the " commies" are both horrid and lazy?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

normaM wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:39 am so if they handed 12 seats why did they fail to hand JT a Majority Govt? Or are we now saying the " commies" are both horrid and lazy?
:biggrin: it’s only possible to warp reality so much. Horrid, lazy, but also they must be incompetent and evil. Just yuck. [icon_lol2.gif]
You and 71 others Like this post
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

daria wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:02 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 3:04 am ...Castapundits on China...
...Guantanamo...
...Europe and America...
Back in the early 1800's...
Or in the 1600's...
... the 20-year war...
...Vietnam...
...Afghanistan...

No one cares about Boomer...
I am not a Boomer... but it's weird that you would compare Gitmo to an estimated 3 million Uyghur Muslims in almost 400 internment camps. I do note that you completely avoided the CCP propping up North Korea's concentration camp country.
Want a history lesson? You've come to the right place. :biggrin:

I'm sure if our canuck boy were running Canada, he would throw every Boomer in a re-education camp.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Adam Zivo: Canada needs to talk about China's apparent election interference

Though the recent election was mostly an expensive waste of time, it highlighted an emerging problem that all Canadians should be worrying about: China’s interference into Canada’s domestic politics.

For months, disinformation experts have been sounding the alarm about influence campaigns organized by the People’s Republic of China. In February, CSIS noted that China is aggressively targeting Canadians — a sentiment which was echoed by the National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians , as well as civil society actors such as the Macdonald-Laurier Institute.

The autocratic regime has been eager to punish international critics of its human rights abuses, as well as others it considers a threat. In Canada, this means undermining Conservative politicians who have been advocating that the federal government do more to stand up to China’s economic imperialism and increasingly coercive foreign policy.

China’s state-backed media insinuated that Canada would experience “counterstrikes” if it elected a Conservative government.

When Conservative MP Kenny Chiu introduced a private member’s bill to set up a registry for foreign government agents (mirroring legislation that already exists in Australia and the United States), Canada’s Chinese communities were flooded with disinformation that vilified him — much of which appears to have originated from the Chinese government.

SNIP

The Liberals, on their end, seem unconcerned about this foreign interference into Canada’s politics. This is unsurprising as the Trudeau government has been remarkably soft on China — as exemplified by its complacency with the Uighur genocide.

China is currently detaining approximately one million Muslim Uighurs in re-education camps designed to destroy their cultural identity. Repressive measures inflicted upon the Uighur people, including forced sterilization , has caused their birth rate to plummet by 50 per cent .

In February, the Conservatives forwarded a motion to officially recognize China’s treatment of Uighur Muslims as genocide. The motion was overwhelmingly supported by every party except for the Liberals . No Liberal MP was shameless enough to vote against recognizing an obvious genocide, so, instead, almost half of them simply abstained from voting, including every member of cabinet.

SNIP

It is imperative that Canada protect its sovereignty from China, and it is possible (and essential) to do this in a manner that respects Chinese-Canadians. We do not need to compromise, especially when compromise has only left us with a false peace.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ad ... d=msedgntp
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:39 am so if they handed 12 seats why did they fail to hand JT a Majority Govt?
I think this falls solely on Justin's shoulders for not taking full advantage of his new-found Communist allies.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I am not a Boomer... but it's weird that you would compare Gitmo to an estimated 3 million Uyghur Muslims in almost 400 internment camps. I do note that you completely avoided the CCP propping up North Korea's concentration camp country.
It says a lot though that the Liberals were hesitant and barely willing to vote in favor of the motion to recognize the Uyghur Muslim treatment as genocide. It's obvious now why. They knew they would fall in disfavor with their masters in Beijing, and would lose the communist support in the next election. They need the communists, even though they still couldn't get a majority, even with their help. So therefore, the Liberals say nothing and do nothing, no matter what, to protect their communist partners/masters.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 11:59 am

It says a lot though that the Liberals were hesitant and barely willing to vote in favor of the motion to recognize the Uyghur Muslim treatment as genocide. It's obvious now why. They knew they would fall in disfavor with their masters in Beijing, and would lose the communist support in the next election. They need the communists, even though they still couldn't get a majority, even with their help. So therefore, the Liberals say nothing and do nothing, no matter what, to protect their communist partners/masters.

Precisely.

The Chinese Communists turning off the cash taps that refill JT’s spending habit might lead to saner spending….and we just cannot have that, can we? Better to suck up to a filthy regime to fuel another in it’s infancy.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

You win the forum today, Cats. :heart: :sunshine: :kiss:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 27th, 2021, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

The number of people on this forum that have strong favourable opinions of China should really be a concern, not just to Canadians but to citizens of all democracies.

Whether they are silent on China's human rights abuses, silent on Chinese influence in our governments, opposed to boycotting Chinese goods or simply prepared to now sweep the Two Michaels travesty under the rug and move on, one has to wonder where their true loyalties lie.

Are they subservient to the United Front? Do they regularly read The Global Times?

Whatever their reasons for being pro-Chinese, it should be a concern to all who view our freedom as being fragile and easily lost.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Canada”