Saskatchewan stop on organ donations will have ripple effect

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Saskatchewan stop on organ donations will have ripple effect

Post by oneh2obabe »

Talk about a kick in the gut for those on a waiting list hoping they receive a live-saving organ transplant in time.
REGINA – Krystal Graham is a Saskatchewan nurse who is on a transplant list waiting for a liver.

When she isn’t receiving outpatient hospital care three times a week, she tries to live as normally as she can, staying positive, playing with her three nieces, and avoiding the thought of death.

“I know the risks of being this sick and not getting a transplant in time. I know a young girl who that happened to this past year, and I know that’s part of what can happen to me,” said Graham, who received her first liver transplant 12 years ago.

“But I don’t think about it too often, because it would drive me crazy.”

Avoiding those thoughts became a little more difficult last week when Saskatchewan announced it was halting its organ donation program due to lack of staff and intensive care beds brought on by the province’s fourth wave in the COVID-19 pandemic.
https://medicinehatnews.com/news/nation ... da-doctor/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Saskatchewan stop on organ donations will have ripple effect

Post by binky11 »

My best friends husband in Merritt is being refused to be put on the lung transplant list because he won’t get jabbed. It’s a no win situation for him. He dies either way. Now if this isn’t absurd……no other vaccines did they threaten you with your life if you didn’t take it. You don’t need a bigger red flag than this. Your life is invaluable if you don’t get the unapproved proven deadly jab.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This is taking this BS way to far imo.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 6:33 am This is taking this BS way to far imo.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

binky11 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 12:11 am My best friends husband in Merritt is being refused to be put on the lung transplant list because he won’t get jabbed. It’s a no win situation for him. He dies either way. ...
I'm thinking there's more to this than one realizes. Even those close to family don't always get the correct information.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

binky11 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 12:11 am My best friends husband in Merritt is being refused to be put on the lung transplant list because he won’t get jabbed. It’s a no win situation for him. He dies either way. Now if this isn’t absurd……no other vaccines did they threaten you with your life if you didn’t take it. You don’t need a bigger red flag than this. Your life is invaluable if you don’t get the unapproved proven deadly jab.
Unfortunately for your friend, there are usually a certain set of health standards needed for organ transplants. If someone won't stop smoking or lose the weight needed, they aren't going to get a transplant either. The heath community has deemed the vaccine safe, and effective so it is currently needed to be put on the transplant list.
hail Satan y'all
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There are too many on transplant lists that would do anything to get the surgery they needed. Some have waited years.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

binky11 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 12:11 am My best friends husband in Merritt is being refused to be put on the lung transplant list because he won’t get jabbed. It’s a no win situation for him. He dies either way. Now if this isn’t absurd……no other vaccines did they threaten you with your life if you didn’t take it. You don’t need a bigger red flag than this. Your life is invaluable if you don’t get the unapproved proven deadly jab.
The vaccine has been proven millions of times that its is safe. Why is this man not getting the jab as normal people will do anything to stay alive. It has gotten out of hand with conspiracy's about everything. Its not funny that 100 yrs ago they were smarter without the technology that we have today . But stupid is stupid .
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I think that is a decision that has to be made with the doctors who would do the transplant. The last thing they would want is to put someone in hospital with a transplant, who then has to go on immune suppressing drugs to prevent rejection, and then patient gets covid during recovery. But in your wisdom, with all your medical expertise with organ transplants, you have a better idea than his doctors?

Speaking of lung transplants, covid patients who end up with severe lung damage from covid, might get a double lung transplant if they are lucky.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7982630/bc-d ... ant-covid/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I read of a few in the States as well - sad and hope the transplants work for them. People going through that trauma now advocating for vaccines.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

motokelowna1 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 7:39 am The vaccine has been proven millions of times that its is safe.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1114674/
We believe that the public should be fully informed that vaccines, though effective in preventing infections, may have long term adverse effects. An educated public will probably increasingly demand proper safety studies before widespread immunisation. We believe that the outcome of this decision will be the development of safer vaccine technology.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 10:54 am
motokelowna1 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 7:39 am The vaccine has been proven millions of times that its is safe.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1114674/
We believe that the public should be fully informed that vaccines, though effective in preventing infections, may have long term adverse effects. An educated public will probably increasingly demand proper safety studies before widespread immunisation. We believe that the outcome of this decision will be the development of safer vaccine technology.
This is in response to that paper:
Two independent reviews of available data specific to vaccines were presented by the Cochrane reviewers and the Johns Hopkins Vaccine Safety Institute; neither found an association such as that reported, and both indicated concerns about methodological issues in statistical analysis and the design and conduct of these studies. The conclusion of the workshop, presented in June 1998, was that studies in
humans do not indicate an increase in type 1 diabetes attributable to any vaccine or the timing of immunisation.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1115854/
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

GordonH wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 6:33 am This is taking this BS way to far imo.
I can give you his doctors phone number and you can confirm. Your right, it’s taking it way too far. And this is what makes my blood boil.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

binky11 wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 11:42 am I can give you his doctors phone number and you can confirm. Your right, it’s taking it way too far. And this is what makes my blood boil.
So you're okay to have someone else's doctor asked personal questions? Not likely.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

whatwhat wrote: Sep 28th, 2021, 7:29 am
Unfortunately for your friend, there are usually a certain set of health standards needed for organ transplants. If someone won't stop smoking or lose the weight needed, they aren't going to get a transplant either. The heath community has deemed the vaccine safe, and effective so it is currently needed to be put on the transplant list.
He met ALL the necessary requirements. He spent 10 days in hospital in Vancouver being tested. He had more tests done than you can shake a stick at. It was all set, it was a go. Final step, THE VAX! In fact he was put on the list. For seven days. Then when he refused the vax, they pulled him off. It’s criminal.

Return to “Health”